Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th June 2018, 12.41:14   #244-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Season Ticket Launch on Twitter, Prices Frozen

The size of our season ticket sales by June 9th gives those planning budgets so much more clarity as money is banked. Of course the same early business sponsorships and boards around the ground need to be sold and or renewed.
Guaranteeing previous revenue streams early on allows the Commercial director much more time to concentrate on developing different partnerships particularly with local businesses that will will bring even more money in.
I must congratulate the Commercial Director for the decision to make the 1864 suite a meal pre-match with a past player. The suite was consistently full all last season. There were a lot of us that thought it a gamble but it has generated greater numbers and money for the club and raised the profile of the 1864 suite which the Club hopes will be booked for events such as birthdays generating money beyond match days.
Old 10th June 2018, 13.23:24   #245-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Wow. I'm sure Alan doesn't need me to defend him but he's pretty much spot on. You need only cast your mind back to the late 90s and early 2000s when the football was loads better but the club didn't engage with anyone beyond letting them know the kick off time. The business side of the club has never been better and media engagement was way ahead of similar sized clubs, and these things play a part in keeping fans onside. And this is coming from someone who has been blocked on Twitter by a board member (one who plainly couldn't handle some truth).
Put simply, times change and attendences have generally increased everywhere. People had more diposable lncome back then so probably didn't feel the need to buy a season ticket.
Old 10th June 2018, 15.26:23   #246-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Put simply, times change and attendences have generally increased everywhere. People had more diposable lncome back then so probably didn't feel the need to buy a season ticket.
Attendances have increased in most places, but not at many clubs two divisions lower now than they were then. And do you honestly know any number of people back then who didn't buy season tickets but went to every game because they had no interest in making a saving? Come on. Nobody's saying that Spencer Harris and the media team have turned straw into gold by themselves but they've played a part in banging the drum to keep people behind the club.
Old 10th June 2018, 15.40:12   #247-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Ultimately, it’s testament to the supporters. Without doubt.

The day the club just assume you’ll renew, those in charge should hand in their notice. No one likes being taken for granted.

One of the most impressive things the club did was sell the ground out for the 150 year anniversary. Absolute run of the mill league game against Grimsby in early October. I felt annoyed to miss the game (was in Cardiff watching Wales v Bosnia then Cyprus)!
Old 10th June 2018, 15.43:24   #248-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Arrow Re: Season Ticket Launch on Twitter, Prices Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Attendances have increased in most places, but not at many clubs two divisions lower now than they were then. And do you honestly know any number of people back then who didn't buy season tickets but went to every game because they had no interest in making a saving? Come on. Nobody's saying that Spencer Harris and the media team have turned straw into gold by themselves but they've played a part in banging the drum to keep people behind the club.
Too many of us living in the past. Yes we had some great times over the years but it is about the here and now and until some rich benefactor steps in to give us a leg up, we need to stop harping back and make the most of what we have got - great fans who want it.
Old 10th June 2018, 15.58:57   #249-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbryd View Post
The size of our season ticket sales by June 9th gives those planning budgets so much more clarity as money is banked. Of course the same early business sponsorships and boards around the ground need to be sold and or renewed.
Guaranteeing previous revenue streams early on allows the Commercial director much more time to concentrate on developing different partnerships particularly with local businesses that will will bring even more money in.
I must congratulate the Commercial Director for the decision to make the 1864 suite a meal pre-match with a past player. The suite was consistently full all last season. There were a lot of us that thought it a gamble but it has generated greater numbers and money for the club and raised the profile of the 1864 suite which the Club hopes will be booked for events such as birthdays generating money beyond match days.
Sounds good for the 1864 suite but what about those of us who used it previously who do not want what is on offer now and does it generate enough
extra profit.As a fan and WST member I felt disenfranchised when it altered.
I now use the Maesgwyn where I am made very welcome whether I spend £3
or £10. My choice.
Old 10th June 2018, 16.10:06   #250-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelegged harry View Post
Sounds good for the 1864 suite but what about those of us who used it previously who do not want what is on offer now and does it generate enough
extra profit.As a fan and WST member I felt disenfranchised when it altered.
I now use the Maesgwyn where I am made very welcome whether I spend £3
or £10. My choice.
I would imagine that if it was consistently full it generated enough extra profit, wouldn’t you?
Old 10th June 2018, 16.35:16   #251-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
The day the club just assume you’ll renew, those in charge should hand in their notice. No one likes being taken for granted.
As an existing season ticket holder I have not had any correspondence about renewing and didn't last year either. So it's safe to say the club does assume that I will renew, which I won't be for this coming season.
Old 10th June 2018, 16.38:34   #252-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road season ticket holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
As an existing season ticket holder I have not had any correspondence about renewing and didn't last year either. So it's safe to say the club does assume that I will renew, which I won't be for this coming season.
Any reason?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.54:49.