Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th June 2018, 19.04:16   #301-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Season Ticket Launch on Twitter, Prices Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I would call it bad management or bad luck
Posted via mobile theme
Or both
Old 12th June 2018, 19.05:02   #302-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

A bit surprised we did not go for a big name pre season game.
Old 12th June 2018, 19.08:13   #303-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
More income, the caps involved with the playing squad, our attendances that you would hope would increase.

We know that teams in this league are spending more than they would if they were governed by Financial Fair play.

Yes, its only opinion but I would argue that if financial fair play was in place in the conference we would theoretically be in a stronger position.

Taking advantage of that stronger position, however, is the hard part.

But yes, an income increase would help, especially if our costs remained similar. Obviously, we would need to improve the playing squad at a cost.

Maybe we wouldn't have to travel so much either?

I can't base it on anything but I think the fan ownership model can be good for us in the league.

It's a myth though this financial fair play, look at the money being thrown around in the Premier league, their most probably is ways around it
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th June 2018, 19.13:45   #304-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
It's a myth though this financial fair play, look at the money being thrown around in the Premier league, their most probably is ways around it
Posted via mobile theme
It’s definitely helpful in the EFL. When both Newport and York were promoted they had to cut their wage bill to comply (York were spending something like 95% of turnover on wages in the conference).

Aston Villa now have to cut their wage bill massively to comply too.
Old 12th June 2018, 19.29:58   #305-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Yet fan owned Exeter, Wycombe and AFC Wimbledon have all competed successfully and won promotions in the league above ours in recent years, with lower crowds than ours.

The extra £900k or so in TV money and Premier League solidarity payments, coupled with financial fair play rules, would be a game changer.
Totally agree. FFP, money from the league, income from crowds plus a funded COE would totally change the game for us.

Now for any Wrexham fan with money if those are not fantastic reasons to invest or make a sizeable donation to the WST then I dont know what is.
Old 12th June 2018, 23.09:56   #306-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Unfortunately, there has been a decline in the performance on the pitch over recent seasons (since trust ownership) though it appeared the recovery was happening for most of last season.

However, it can't be as a result of just being the ownership model. For example, we have had managers that have simply not performed when it matters.

I still believe if we can get promoted, this club and ownership model will thrive in the EFL. But I can't see us getting promoted anytime soon, if ever.
you can't see us getting promoted ever but if we did we would thrive? well that makes sense...
Old 13th June 2018, 06.37:05   #307-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by René Higuita View Post
you can't see us getting promoted ever but if we did we would thrive? well that makes sense...
Read his reasons why ffs.
Old 13th June 2018, 08.51:55   #308-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by René Higuita View Post

I think if you read his past properly he means the way the club is run is more suited to the leagues above, as in extra money coming in..... Imho for its worth I don't think it would thrive.... More money might come in yes, but everything else goes up better players would be needed and they cost more, agents are killing football along with rich sugar daddies and foreign players and yes we could possibly hang on in up there but I think we would end up back down here through lack of money ffp or not.

But I agree I can't see us going back up anytime soon if ever under the present hand to mouth existence.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th June 2018, 08.54:40   #309-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I think if you read his past properly he means the way the club is run is more suited to the leagues above, as in extra money coming in..... Imho for its worth I don't think it would thrive.... More money might come in yes, but everything else goes up better players would be needed and they cost more, agents are killing football along with rich sugar daddies and foreign players and yes we could possibly hang on in up there but I think we would end up back down here through lack of money ffp or not.

But I agree I can't see us going back up anytime soon if ever under the present hand to mouth existence.
Posted via mobile theme
Any reason for that, when other fan owned clubs in League 2, with lower crowds than ours, are thriving? It would make us a real anomaly and I’m interested in what makes us so different?
Old 13th June 2018, 09.03:20   #310-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Posted via mobile theme
Football is a long way from being killed - its a myth. There has never been so much money at the top end at least and the challenge is to see that it gets down to our level. Agents are simply taking what they can and you may not like it but they are not killing anything IMO. Foreign players mean we have arguably the best league in the world we just have to get the equality right/better.
As for us going up and what might occur - lets just get behind the team and do it hopefully then we will see. Our model is not the same as everyone else's for sure but revenue streams would certainly increase and that would have to be spent wisely but speculation may be entertaining but is futile for me.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.00:54.