Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th May 2018, 18.07:15   #37-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Swansea, now Cardiff...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by highland gunner View Post
Yep it’s frustrating init, Can’t wait to watch bbc South Wales news creaming themselves over it for months!!
Not having a go, i'm really not. But it does seem like North Wales is the outpost of Welsh sport. One proper football club (2 if you count Colwyn bay). Only one decent sized stadium in North Wales.
All of the mainstream rugby clubs are in south Wales apart from the Colwyn Bay club. And every Pro rugby club is based down there. It may be a north/south divide thing. This is the case in England too. Draw a line through Manchester across the country and the provision is less.
The population of South wales being 2.4m compared to 690,000 in the north you can see where the money is and why non of it gets up into North Wales.
The competition down there football wise (and rugby) is fierce enough to keep crowds high. Why? well because they are Welsh clubs playing against and around Welsh clubs. You have non of that in north Wales at all. Every game you play is against English clubs, you have a monopoly in that football wise in north wales you have no competition at all. Until the Welsh FA and the WRFU address the obvious shortfall of cash injected into the north things will never improve.

Last edited by henry8; 7th May 2018 at 18.08:21..
Old 7th May 2018, 19.05:43   #38-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Well done Cardiff getting to the Premiership. But let's be fair they are a pretty average team with a manager that knows how to get the best out of them.
As a previous post has said there's a jealously among us and I suppose he's right, I for one is envious in how the both south Wales teams have developed over the years. If you think the Racecourse is a bit run down you should have seen the Vetch, and NInian park, now they were s--- holes but having said that they created a lot of noise. I for one can remember when Wrexham was the top team in Wales, so forgive me for been a bit bitter, when I see my team playing at this level.
Old 7th May 2018, 19.24:30   #39-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushfield Stand View Post
I'm waiting to see what fines and penalties are imposed on Cardiff with regard to all the flares / smoke bombs that were let off once their fans invaded the pitch at the end of the game.

I wonder how (if at all) they will compare to our punishment earlier in the season.
Be the same as Liverpool fans on top of cctv vans before Roma game
All in good humour “of course”
When it suits naff all is done
Old 7th May 2018, 19.37:04   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry8 View Post
Not having a go, i'm really not. But it does seem like North Wales is the outpost of Welsh sport. One proper football club (2 if you count Colwyn bay). Only one decent sized stadium in North Wales.
All of the mainstream rugby clubs are in south Wales apart from the Colwyn Bay club. And every Pro rugby club is based down there. It may be a north/south divide thing. This is the case in England too. Draw a line through Manchester across the country and the provision is less.
The population of South wales being 2.4m compared to 690,000 in the north you can see where the money is and why non of it gets up into North Wales.
The competition down there football wise (and rugby) is fierce enough to keep crowds high. Why? well because they are Welsh clubs playing against and around Welsh clubs. You have non of that in north Wales at all. Every game you play is against English clubs, you have a monopoly in that football wise in north wales you have no competition at all. Until the Welsh FA and the WRFU address the obvious shortfall of cash injected into the north things will never improve.
When Cardiff and Swansea were cheek by jowl in League 2 the fierce competition did not keep the crowds high; military medium 3000 fans like anyone else then. Also debatable when the last time was that Welsh club rugby had consistently high crowds. Their fans are as fickle as ours, probably more so seeing as they have more people and a higher platform for success. They get to write the agenda of North Wales being focused on English football and South Wales flying the flag but it's just another myth if you pick at it.
Old 7th May 2018, 20.32:33   #41-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
I for one can remember when Wrexham was the top team in Wales, so forgive me for been a bit bitter, when I see my team playing at this level.
It wasn't that long ago and I still remember us berating BBC South Wales for their bias. Even Wrexham was top of the footballing tree in Wales, coverage of the southern teams dominated the bulletins....
Old 7th May 2018, 20.54:07   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
We may be not much good as a football team but, by Christ, we're good at moaning and jealousy. If we put half as much effort into positive activity to talk up the town and the club as we do into moaning about the council and WAG, and what the Robbers have stolen from us, we might persuade outsiders that we're worthy of some inward investment.

Instead, our endless whingeing, and constant snipes at those who we believe owe us the world, conspire to make outsiders (and many insiders too) believe that we must be kept down at all costs. Until we start thinking smart, we'll always be the footballing equivalent of those who sleep rough, relying on handouts to just keep going.

Start off by getting behind players - new signings and old - instead of slagging them off if they don't perform like Bale, Messi, or Salah in their first season. Maybe Sam will bring a winning attitude with him, but let's not make him regret his move here if we're not top of the league all season. We will only become successful if we deserve it, and 10+ years of relative failure don't count when it comes to what we deserve, but the constant criticism of players and management certainly makes them wonder if we're worth the effort required.

Let's see who will be the first to whinge at this and keep up the usual standard!
great post
Old 7th May 2018, 21.26:13   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Remember the days when BBC Wales wasn't even available in North Wales..Wrexham was covered by Granada TV...In fact, most digital Ariel's, in North East Wales still point towards Manchester....
At least, now with satalite TV, we're not completely ignored...
Old 8th May 2018, 09.37:28   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Good luck to them both. Hopefully blood some decent players for the national team.
Old 8th May 2018, 09.51:27   #45-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
Good luck to them both. Hopefully blood some decent players for the national team.

Well said
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.40:59.