Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th May 2018, 10.25:46   #61-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sugar Daddy needed - again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Nothing wrong with the principle, even though the figures are probably unrealistic. So, for example:

Reduce the League 2 repayment by half (£200,000)
Make the League 1 repayment another £200,000
Promotion to Championship £300,000
Promotion to Premiership £500,000

The total repayment on his investment would then be £1,200,000 (giving him a 20% return) for which his company would enjoy stadium naming rights FREE for as long as it takes to make the repayment(s) Club and company then benefit, while the increased revenue after promotions should cover the cost to the Club of making them. The value of the naming rights would be significant to him, irrespective of whether promotions were won quickly, or over say 10 years....
That, in a nutshell is why no-one would ever see a football club at this level as an investment. You'd get a far better return just sticking your money in a bank for 10 years plus there's limited risk.

A benefactor on the other had would be welcomed with open arms.
Old 17th May 2018, 10.30:15   #62-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Better dream than mine �� in my dream I dreamt we finally leave this league in a years time but unfortunately it was to National North.
Posted via mobile theme
Well, had a dream last night that we had just started a season and lost the first game away to Walsall, but won there on the following Tuesday in the league cup competition they have!

We had followed it up with a home draw and were 4th from bottom in the table in the top relegation spot.

So that made me think we were in league one? It may be a glimpse of the future...

Interestingly I also had Tranmere top with two wins!

So not a great dream...
Old 17th May 2018, 15.05:19   #63-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Why don't we just start to increase the membership fee from the minimum £12 to say £25or even £50 per year each.

I know people put more in than that each year but if the minimum was raised than we would be able to have more of a budget to play with.

I don't know how much WST get from the fees currently, so don't know how much increasing it would actually bring in more than it is now.
Old 17th May 2018, 15.15:12   #64-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
That, in a nutshell is why no-one would ever see a football club at this level as an investment. You'd get a far better return just sticking your money in a bank for 10 years plus there's limited risk.

A benefactor on the other had would be welcomed with open arms.
You might get a better percentage return on your investment in a bank, but you would pay it all and more on naming a stand for example for 10 years. And there's always the likelihood of winning business when you advertise... adding to the return.

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 17th May 2018 at 15.16:16..
Old 17th May 2018, 16.27:17   #65-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtos View Post
Why don't we just start to increase the membership fee from the minimum £12 to say £25or even £50 per year each.

I know people put more in than that each year but if the minimum was raised than we would be able to have more of a budget to play with.

I don't know how much WST get from the fees currently, so don't know how much increasing it would actually bring in more than it is now.
I would imagine it would be 50/50 of members willing to increase contributions and those who wish to pay the minimum to say they are members and receive the ST discount.

It looks like a choice between increasing the subs or keeping the status quo and increasing the membership. Personally I would say leave it alone and have a major push on increasing numbers, in the short term at least and sign up those missing few thousand.

I know the margins are tight but a discount on match day tickets and/or merchandise would greatly assist even if it didn't initially see a significant net profit for the club. Another way would be to give members a reason I.e. BtB or sign a striker to voluntary increase their contributions, similarl to the push when the club bought the Racecourse lease.

Last edited by davewilli; 17th May 2018 at 16.28:23..
Old 17th May 2018, 16.52:52   #66-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I would imagine it would be 50/50 of members willing to increase contributions and those who wish to pay the minimum to say they are members and receive the ST discount.

It looks like a choice between increasing the subs or keeping the status quo and increasing the membership. Personally I would say leave it alone and have a major push on increasing numbers, in the short term at least and sign up those missing few thousand.

I know the margins are tight but a discount on match day tickets and/or merchandise would greatly assist even if it didn't initially see a significant net profit for the club. Another way would be to give members a reason I.e. BtB or sign a striker to voluntary increase their contributions, similarl to the push when the club bought the Racecourse lease.
Dave - this is my point about the strategic element that we need.

A strategic decision from the WST on membership prices, increasing numbers and a PLAN on how this is going to be achieved.

This maybe in place but my point is that I see no evidence of this.
Old 17th May 2018, 16.57:53   #67-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtos View Post

Can't see any recent information but last year's AGM figures showed income of about 70k at an average of about £22 per person.
Old 17th May 2018, 17.03:35   #68-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Who's the daddy, who's the daddy?

What kind of sugar do you want on your daddy? I fancy icing sugar, a bit like an iced doughnut.
Old 17th May 2018, 19.31:28   #69-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Dave - this is my point about the strategic element that we need.

A strategic decision from the WST on membership prices, increasing numbers and a PLAN on how this is going to be achieved.

This maybe in place but my point is that I see no evidence of this.
Yes mate, I think real growth is possible with or without private investment and as you say our fans will deliver despite the dissapiuntment of the last few months, with a bit of direction.
Old 9th June 2018, 07.28:07   #70-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

More sugar daddy woes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44420569

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.07:54.