Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2018, 16.14:49   #82-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
I think I’m a fairly relaxed individual to be honest.

As for opinions, they’re fine. It’s just when they spout what are either clearly lies or nonsense as facts, that it irks me.
Moreso when they are picked up on it and can’t back them up with either logic or evidence. Or they deny they typed it in the first place. ie giggggggettty on this thread. Some are also prone to using PM’s........
There are only a few on here that are prone to it, but yes I do tend to put an “edge” on my posts when responding to them.
Still can't for the life of me see where I said a long term plan was bearing fruit at Tamworth, only regarding the academy.

Fact.
Old 14th May 2018, 17.02:13   #83-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I was referring to LAAR as the 'prove it' twin - LOL

Yes for specifics then proof is very much required but this is an opinions board and asking for proof of an opinion isn't possible. Not everything has to have proof is what I was pointing out. It could be turned round to say please provide proof that this isn't true.

We all speculate on some things and that's fine - its good to get a healthy debate going but without the need to insult people just because we disagree.

My opinion is that we don't have the right structure in place - do I need proof?
I think you have some very good opinions!
Mostly they seem well thought out, and worthy, and I enjoy reading them.

As regards our structure, I am sure there are changes that could be made to make it more efficient, but I don’t sign up to the “fans should be told of every decision made by the Board” philosophy.
I believe people need to understand that, given our financial structure, we are somewhat hamstrung in what we can realistically do.

There follows a long post which a lot of people on here won’t bother to read, but may explain why I tend to get frustrated with certain posters on here. Bear with me, please.

People who, for example advocate that we should invest in, and keep hold of our youth, or push the boat out and “go for it” bringing in the likes of Cook etc etc, need to realise that these things just aren’t possible.......even if was the sensible thing to do (which it clearly isn’t). We just haven't got the boat to push out in the first place.

Here is the the reality (fact not opinion) of us in the real world, and if people would only acknowledge this reality before saying we should do this that or the other, it would save a lot of nonsense, going over the same ground time and time again:

Just suppose we wanted to “go for it” and a delegation from the Board pop along the the Clubs Bank and present to them a business case for, say, a 5 year plan to restore us to our former status.
The business case is well constructed and carries the support of both the Football Club Board and the WST (fans).
The Bankers also agree that the plans a well structured, thought out and perhaps achievable within the timescale.
They are prepared to lend the Club up to perhaps £5 million. This is good news until the Bank ask the Board what security and/or collateral they have available.

We have a long term lease on our business premises, but its value is limited because it can only be used for its current purposes. Other than that, we only have players contract values and the net of trade debtors and creditors.

The Club is currently profitable, but such profitability is dependent on a number of uncertain circumstances, and as such can't be guaranteed into the future.
There are no owners (fans) prepared or able to provide guarantees and/or security to the Bank, so understandably the Bank don’t feel inclined to provide finance.

So, unless Foxys investors (they are out there apparently) step up, pass due diligence and stump up the cash and take over the Club, AND provide the aforementioned £5million investment budget, we have what we currently have, and must continue to work with it.

The fact that we are currently profitable and have eliminated the long term debt previously weighing the business down is a credit to the Board, and by extension, the fans.

Let’s give ourselves a bit of credit for that and make sure the employees (players) are made fully aware of these facts, and let them know that they did indeed bottle it or down tools with 9 games to go (my opinion) and should take responsibility for not doing their collective jobs at the pointy end of last season, and not to let it happen again!!
Old 14th May 2018, 18.10:30   #84-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I think you have some very good opinions!
Mostly they seem well thought out, and worthy, and I enjoy reading them.

As regards our structure, I am sure there are changes that could be made to make it more efficient, but I don’t sign up to the “fans should be told of every decision made by the Board” philosophy.
I believe people need to understand that, given our financial structure, we are somewhat hamstrung in what we can realistically do.

There follows a long post which a lot of people on here won’t bother to read, but may explain why I tend to get frustrated with certain posters on here. Bear with me, please.

People who, for example advocate that we should invest in, and keep hold of our youth, or push the boat out and “go for it” bringing in the likes of Cook etc etc, need to realise that these things just aren’t possible.......even if was the sensible thing to do (which it clearly isn’t). We just haven't got the boat to push out in the first place.

Here is the the reality (fact not opinion) of us in the real world, and if people would only acknowledge this reality before saying we should do this that or the other, it would save a lot of nonsense, going over the same ground time and time again:

Just suppose we wanted to “go for it” and a delegation from the Board pop along the the Clubs Bank and present to them a business case for, say, a 5 year plan to restore us to our former status.
The business case is well constructed and carries the support of both the Football Club Board and the WST (fans).
The Bankers also agree that the plans a well structured, thought out and perhaps achievable within the timescale.
They are prepared to lend the Club up to perhaps £5 million. This is good news until the Bank ask the Board what security and/or collateral they have available.

We have a long term lease on our business premises, but its value is limited because it can only be used for its current purposes. Other than that, we only have players contract values and the net of trade debtors and creditors.

The Club is currently profitable, but such profitability is dependent on a number of uncertain circumstances, and as such can't be guaranteed into the future.
There are no owners (fans) prepared or able to provide guarantees and/or security to the Bank, so understandably the Bank don’t feel inclined to provide finance.

So, unless Foxys investors (they are out there apparently) step up, pass due diligence and stump up the cash and take over the Club, AND provide the aforementioned £5million investment budget, we have what we currently have, and must continue to work with it.

The fact that we are currently profitable and have eliminated the long term debt previously weighing the business down is a credit to the Board, and by extension, the fans.

Let’s give ourselves a bit of credit for that and make sure the employees (players) are made fully aware of these facts, and let them know that they did indeed bottle it or down tools with 9 games to go (my opinion) and should take responsibility for not doing their collective jobs at the pointy end of last season, and not to let it happen again!!
Very well summarised.
Old 14th May 2018, 19.32:45   #85-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

RRM, not going to quote your post but I have also stated that too much time and effort is given to how much we get for this player and how much that player costs. We dont need to know.

However we should be informed of strategic plans so we can buy into them, thats one of my points.
Old 14th May 2018, 20.21:20   #86-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
RRM, not going to quote your post but I have also stated that too much time and effort is given to how much we get for this player and how much that player costs. We dont need to know.

However we should be informed of strategic plans so we can buy into them, thats one of my points.
I agree.
Though I thought the strategic plan was to get to L2.
That’s the one I buy into every month, and we can only achieve it on the pitch, so we have keep at it.
Old 14th May 2018, 20.51:49   #87-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
I agree.
That’s the one I buy into every month, and we can only achieve it on the pitch, so we have keep at it.
Thats the aim but whats the plan to achieve it.

My aim is to win the lottery but I need a plan that is better than buying 2 tickets a week. We can all have aims and goals but they are pointless without a plan to achieve them.
Old 14th May 2018, 21.16:26   #88-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Thats the aim but whats the plan to achieve it.

My aim is to win the lottery but I need a plan that is better than buying 2 tickets a week. We can all have aims and goals but they are pointless without a plan to achieve them.
Don't give up Pagl....You could be our Sugar Daddie one day...
Old 15th May 2018, 08.11:28   #89-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I agree.
Should we think about possible ways to maximise the likelihood that we’ll achieve this? Or just keep going the same way which hasn’t been working particularly well for several seasons?
Old 15th May 2018, 08.32:00   #90-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
I agree.
Just to be technical that is the (a) mission, or a step in achieving the mission.

To me the mission should to be at least an established well run L1 club capable of challenging for promotion to the Championship (e.g. Salop). Anything less is not restoring WFC to its former status.

The fact that we are not clear about the mission and the plan to achieve it is indicative that PAGL is on the money if not in the money!!!

This in turn leads to misunderstandings and confusion on this board where people who actually substantially agree end up arguing. Leadership is needed to clarify and deliver.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.58:23.