Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2018, 12.46:49   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

I hope next season we aren't going to want to be out of all cups early on so we can concentrate on a midtable league position.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 13.14:33   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

It was mentioned on another thread congratulating tranmere rovers that they haven't sold their best players. If Andy cook was here we would of sold him I've no doubt about that but tranmere refused to sell and now look at them and look at us. If someone comes in for pearson for example we will sell and the board will come out with the we couldn't stand in his way bla bla bla stuff. Until we tell clubs where to go when they come snooping around we will not progress further
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 14.04:51   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
It was mentioned on another thread congratulating tranmere rovers that they haven't sold their best players. If Andy cook was here we would of sold him I've no doubt about that but tranmere refused to sell and now look at them and look at us. If someone comes in for pearson for example we will sell and the board will come out with the we couldn't stand in his way bla bla bla stuff. Until we tell clubs where to go when they come snooping around we will not progress further
Very true,and also the previous year sending your best two players out on loan to save the money for next year,but we did move up 3 spaces in the league!!
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 14.28:40   #14-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
borntobered's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way
Real Name: Gary
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Nice bit of PR, no mention of football fortune, selling Obeng early on, percentage of next sale clauses etc.

Too many are getting complacent on here metioing we've made profits. The die hard support are forever getting older with very few youngsters willing to take over the voluntary work. One bad season, combining low attandances, players on big wages and we're in big trouble, although those running the club won't be at fault for such a scenario.

We've wasted millions on journeymen while using the very tired excuse of league funding for the academy once promoted. How is it Wimbledon have been able to have a very successful academy without such funding seeing half a dozen players at least in the first team regularly playing for them now, while also producing a very long list of players who've moved to bigger clubs in 15 years? Crucially they got promoted out of this league to by having a long term plan, investing in local youngsters to build a team, vary rarely can you build one in a summer or two.

How about Tamworth who under Morell grew the academy which is now starting to bare fruit? No funding again their.
The simple fact is the club have become too obsessed with promotion at all costs, no forward planning, millions wasted on players who don't give a toss about the club, this seasons capitulation a brilliant demonstration.

Honestly, what is our plan for the next 5-10 years beyond promotion and making a profit, it's another reason so many are put off by joining the WST, no transparency on the major matters of the club such as the academy. Tamworth had a presentation when Morrell took over outlining what they'd like to achieve over 5 years regarding club structure etc, I'm struggling to think of such a time it's happened at Wrexham.
Tamworth who following the sacking of Morrell have been relegated to northern or southern premier? Long term planning bearing fruit?
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 15.09:10   #15-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
It was mentioned on another thread congratulating tranmere rovers that they haven't sold their best players. If Andy cook was here we would of sold him I've no doubt about that but tranmere refused to sell and now look at them and look at us. If someone comes in for pearson for example we will sell and the board will come out with the we couldn't stand in his way bla bla bla stuff. Until we tell clubs where to go when they come snooping around we will not progress further
We were only handing out one year deals so I doubt we would even get a decent fee.

The truth is we are now years into trust ownership and itís been the worst footballing display any of us have ever seen.

Ricketts has his work cut out Iíll be there to support it but Iím paying game by game this season, if it goes pear shaped Iím not going through it again like this season.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 15.23:58   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobered View Post
Tamworth who following the sacking of Morrell have been relegated to northern or southern premier? Long term planning bearing fruit?
The academy is bearing fruit and sometimes plans don't go fully to plan. Also no mention of the plan bearing fruit was made.

We were meant to be promoted years ago, which then meant additional money for the academy, yet we're still waiting, so something needs to change as it ain't working.

Still don't know what the clubs plan is beyond promotion and making a profit.

Also are you any the wiser on the goals of the club as whole now Sam Ricketts has formally introduced himself, beyond promotion? It was the usual PR nonsense, all well and good saying you'll play youngsters if they're deemed good enough, but how are they going to ensure that and turn things around when it comes to scouting? At the moment we snap up the better talents from WPL academy ( 2 the other week from Cefn Druids) then cry wolf when Premiership teams do the same.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th May 2018 at 15.28:46..
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 17.11:42   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Redrobinman's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
The academy is bearing fruit and sometimes plans don't go fully to plan. Also no mention of the plan bearing fruit was made.
Are you for real? You did mention bearing fruit (it’s not baring by the way)....”How about Tamworth who under Morell grew the academy which is now starting to bare fruit?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
We were meant to be promoted years ago, which then meant additional money for the academy, yet we're still waiting, so something needs to change as it ain't working.

Still don't know what the clubs plan is beyond promotion and making a profit.

Also are you any the wiser on the goals of the club as whole now Sam Ricketts has formally introduced himself, beyond promotion? It was the usual PR nonsense, all well and good saying you'll play youngsters if they're deemed good enough, but how are they going to ensure that and turn things around when it comes to scouting? At the moment we snap up the better talents from WPL academy ( 2 the other week from Cefn Druids) then cry wolf when Premiership teams do the same.
What plan would you have for the Club beyond promotion and being sustainable (profitable)?

Your first paragraph seems to justify plans not going to plan, and not necessarily bearing fruit, as you claim is the case for Tamworth.
Your second paragraph talks dismissively about us still waiting for our plans to come to fruition, ......so what is it that you are advocating?

A plan that is laudible but doesn’t work....or....errr....a plan that we all want but also hasn’t worked? Weird!

Do you also think it is sensible to invest a lot of money in an Academy (of the magnitude that we used to when a league Club) only to enable a Club from higher up the the pyramid to come along and just take them, without compensation, as has been the case, and continues to be so?

Each of the above are rhetorical questions, as I am aware from recent encounters that you are incapable of rational discussion.

Last edited by Redrobinman; 13th May 2018 at 17.13:09..
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 17.53:03   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Are you for real? You did mention bearing fruit (it’s not baring by the way)....”How about Tamworth who under Morell grew the academy which is now starting to bare fruit?”



What plan would you have for the Club beyond promotion and being sustainable (profitable)?

Your first paragraph seems to justify plans not going to plan, and not necessarily bearing fruit, as you claim is the case for Tamworth.
Your second paragraph talks dismissively about us still waiting for our plans to come to fruition, ......so what is it that you are advocating?

A plan that is laudible but doesn’t work....or....errr....a plan that we all want but also hasn’t worked? Weird!

Do you also think it is sensible to invest a lot of money in an Academy (of the magnitude that we used to when a league Club) only to enable a Club from higher up the the pyramid to come along and just take them, without compensation, as has been the case, and continues to be so?

Each of the above are rhetorical questions, as I am aware from recent encounters that you are incapable of rational discussion.
Yes, as in the academy strictly speaking, not other aspects of the club, pretty simply btw.

What is the clubs plan other than promotion and profit, Tamworth set theirs out for all areas for 5 years regarding the club. I've yet to see any plan, I was told a few years back one was being drawn up, hasn't happened for whatever reason. When Ricketts ( who was very good I thought) introduced himself, again no real mention of a long term plan other than the usual answers. He must have said something to impress, so why can't it be shared with us, so we're all pulling in the same direction and know what to expect? You aren't going to please everyone, but it would help lessen the pressure.

Yes, Southampton did this, had people saying other clubs would poach young players and it didn't really happen. These lads played for the first team and made them a small fortune. In fact Southampton have a goal of producing a team comprising entirely of academy products, currently it's two players a season minimum in to the first team, anything less if failure. This will increase as the years go by until they become self-sufficient if it ever happens, why can't we aim to do similar? Look after these lads, give them the opportunities and most will stay. Also Wimbledon have managed just fine doing exactly the same, it's a poor excuse from the club, who use the exact same practices themselves.

Football is a team game, the best sides have had a spine of players who've played together for years, know each other inside out on and off the pitch. It's very rare to create a successful side with personnel changing every season, it happens at Wrexham and still we await promotion.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th May 2018 at 18.00:32..
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 18.24:34   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Redrobinman's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Yes, as in the academy strictly speaking, not other aspects of the club, pretty simply btw.

What is the clubs plan other than promotion and profit, Tamworth set theirs out for all areas for 5 years regarding the club. I've yet to see any plan, I was told a few years back one was being drawn up, hasn't happened for whatever reason. When Ricketts ( who was very good I thought) introduced himself, again no real mention of a long term plan other than the usual answers. He must have said something to impress, so why can't it be shared with us, so we're all pulling in the same direction and know what to expect? You aren't going to please everyone, but it would help lessen the pressure.

Yes, Southampton did this, had people saying other clubs would poach young players and it didn't really happen. These lads played for the first team and made them a small fortune. In fact Southampton have a goal of producing a team comprising entirely of academy products, currently it's two players a season minimum in to the first team, anything less if failure. This will increase as the years go by until they become self-sufficient if it ever happens, why can't we aim to do similar? Look after these lads, give them the opportunities and most will stay. Also Wimbledon have managed just fine doing exactly the same, it's a poor excuse from the club, who use the exact same practices themselves.

Football is a team game, the best sides have had a spine of players who've played together for years, know each other inside out on and off the pitch. It's very rare to create a successful side with personnel changing every season, it happens at Wrexham and still we await promotion.
FFS, another red herring to randomly try to rationalise your thought? process.

Since when have Southampton been in the 5th tier? They have profited from their youth policy because they are a league Club. Their rules donít apply to us.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 18.32:34   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

TOWIU. I wouldn't waste your breath on them. flip knows what they find to make them unhappy and moan about all summer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.30:31.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13