Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2018, 18.42:55   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
FFS, another red herring to randomly try to rationalise your thought? process.

Since when have Southampton been in the 5th tier? They have profited from their youth policy because they are a league Club. Their rules don’t apply to us.
No, you're just ignorant.

How about Wimbledon then?

Southampton played a 16 year old Gareth Bale in the first team and sold him,, Theo Walcott and countless others like Luke Shaw -all 16 playing in the first team- long before the top clubs knew of their talent. Oh and because you're clearly unaware, any player under 15 can only sign a year long contract at any league academy, after that they're free to leave should they wish, so not much more protection is it?

Make a pathway and make it enjoyable and they'll stay.

Keep making excuses though.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 18.44:06   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
terrytactics's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Terry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Giggitywhatsitsface: go and carry out some proper research before posting shite,
__________________
For the strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack. Rudyard Kipling.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 18.47:46   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
No, you're just ignorant.

How about Wimbledon then?

Southampton played a 16 year old Gareth Bale in the first team and sold him,, Theo Walcott and countless others like Luke Shaw -all 16 playing in the first team- long before the top clubs knew of their talent. Oh and because you're clearly unaware, any player under 15 can only sign a year long contract at any league academy, after that they're free to leave should they wish, so not much more protection is it?

Make a pathway and make it enjoyable and they'll stay.

Keep making excuses though.
Wimbledon were promoted from here years ago. The league has changed dramatically since they went up.

Southampton are a much bigger club financially than us and have regular premiership. Top league monies....yes they had a brief stint in league 1 but they are not a great comparison.

Much more of a comparison is Tranmere who after 3 years down here decided to ditch their academy. It's just too costly at our level.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 19.09:12   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Wimbledon were promoted from here years ago. The league has changed dramatically since they went up.

Southampton are a much bigger club financially than us and have regular premiership. Top league monies....yes they had a brief stint in league 1 but they are not a great comparison.

Much more of a comparison is Tranmere who after 3 years down here decided to ditch their academy. It's just too costly at our level.
Wimbledon have had an academy since starting from scratch, with no league funding, while producing producing players in a similar way to Southampton, so the comparison is valid. Tamworth have gone down that route too, while we rinse and repeat the same short term plan that isn't working.

Using all assets to maximise profits, something the clubs failing to do while expecting the same people to dip into their pockets repeatedly.

I'd rather a starting XI made up of Robbie Evan's because of their attitude regarding the club, than a bunch of journeymen who have no pride in wearing the jersey, who gave up with 9 games to go.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th May 2018 at 19.12:34..
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 19.17:50   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Wimbledon have had an academy since starting from scratch, with no league funding, while producing producing players in a similar way to Southampton, so the comparison is valid. Tamworth have gone down that route too, while we rinse and repeat the same short term plan that isn't working.

Using all assets to maximise profits, something the clubs failing to do while expecting the same people to dip into their pockets repeatedly.

I'd rather a starting XI made up of Robbie Evan's because of their attitude regarding the club, than a bunch of journeymen who have no pride in wearing the jersey, who gave up with 9 games to go.
So Wimbledon have no league funding for their academy?

All EFL clubs can apply for funding can't they? If they can't they are still £700k or more better off than us so £200k or so is not going to hurt them like it would when your in the conference trying to compete against sugar daddies who can spend whatever they like regardless.

Have you noted where Tamworth will be plying their football next year?
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 19.19:06   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.
Real Name: John
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Lots of references to fans not enjoying the recent style of football, maybe but not borne out by our attendance figures.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 19.23:01   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post

Much more of a comparison is Tranmere who after 3 years down here decided to ditch their academy. It's just too costly at our level.
Not taking sides in this dispute but interested in your vision of the Wrexham AFC future. Should we ditch the Academy/Youth teams , just like the Reserve team , because they are unproductive and too costly?
__________________
"Supporting Wrexham since 1926 and forever more"
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 19.23:34   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
So Wimbledon have no league funding for their academy?

All EFL clubs can apply for funding can't they? If they can't they are still £700k or more better off than us so £200k or so is not going to hurt them like it would when your in the conference trying to compete against sugar daddies who can spend whatever they like regardless.

Have you noted where Tamworth will be plying their football next year?
When non league, Tranmere still have an academy for 16+ and yes, that remains to be seen. The point on Tamworth was when Morell was appointed a presentation for the next 5 years was made, they stuck by that rightly or wrongly, after formally introducing Ricketts are you any the wiser on what the club hope to achieve in the next 5 years other than making a profit and promotion? So we're all singing from the same hymn sheet and help police expectations a little more.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th May 2018 at 19.25:23..
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 19.34:52   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Lets Av A Riot's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Horace
Twitter: @Taffi_Tastic





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Nice bit of PR, no mention of football fortune, selling Obeng early on, percentage of next sale clauses etc.

Stupid comment.. so what your saying is we should of stopped Obeng moving to a premier League club ?

Too many are getting complacent on here metioing we've made profits. The die hard support are forever getting older with very few youngsters willing to take over the voluntary work. One bad season, combining low attandances, players on big wages and we're in big trouble, although those running the club won't be at fault for such a scenario.

Same for every club.. if the team under performs and the attendances drop.. i fail to see for a second how that maybe the boards fault... surely if we played crap and attendances dropped.. thats down to the manager and the team

We've wasted millions on journeymen while using the very tired excuse of league funding for the academy once promoted. How is it Wimbledon have been able to have a very successful academy without such funding seeing half a dozen players at least in the first team regularly playing for them now, while also producing a very long list of players who've moved to bigger clubs in 15 years? Crucially they got promoted out of this league to by having a long term plan, investing in local youngsters to build a team, vary rarely can you build one in a summer or two.

wasting Millions ? again Manager chooses the players to purchase.. all the board do is set the budget which is within out financial means... so again not the boards fault in anyway


How about Tamworth who under Morell grew the academy which is now starting to bare fruit? No funding again their.
The simple fact is the club have become too obsessed with promotion at all costs, no forward planning, millions wasted on players who don't give a toss about the club, this seasons capitulation a brilliant demonstration.

i beg to differ.. promotion at all costs? wasnt it last year or season before we sold a player to Higher league team (was it danny ward?) and the money from initial sale of danny went straight back into the youth team setup ? and non into the first team. i think only bonus from playing for Liverpool/Wales went into the first team. so again your wrong.. as if promotion at all costs we wouldnt be using sale fees on youth setup.. and we would spend more than we have if it was promotion at any cost (hence your point is wrong)


Honestly, what is our plan for the next 5-10 years beyond promotion and making a profit, it's another reason so many are put off by joining the WST, no transparency on the major matters of the club such as the academy. Tamworth had a presentation when Morrell took over outlining what they'd like to achieve over 5 years regarding club structure etc, I'm struggling to think of such a time it's happened at Wrexham.
I Dont think the trust need to tell us everything they do. just because we are a fan owned club doesnt mean we should be told and have a say in everything that happens within the club... for me im happy in the knowledge that the people running the club ARE Wrexham fans.. and only have the clubs best interest at heart... and only want us to go forward. sure sometimes they may make a wrong desicion... we all do.. we are human after all.. but again im happy the people running our club wont put it at risk.. and only want whats best for us.... so i trust them to run the club
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 20.53:38   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
I Dont think the trust need to tell us everything they do. just because we are a fan owned club doesnt mean we should be told and have a say in everything that happens within the club... for me im happy in the knowledge that the people running the club ARE Wrexham fans.. and only have the clubs best interest at heart... and only want us to go forward. sure sometimes they may make a wrong desicion... we all do.. we are human after all.. but again im happy the people running our club wont put it at risk.. and only want whats best for us.... so i trust them to run the club
Much of your response bares no relation to what I said. On the point of millions wasted, the board can stipulate that the academy must be used.

As for Danny Ward, it was years ago now, another who played 1 game for the first team and that was it, play more and the players worth more. This is a massive problem, you'd expect at least a few to step up and become regulars in the entire time in this league Robbie Evan's and... Im struggling to name anyone else. Some of us thought the academy should have had that appearance fee.

In all honesty the academy has become a farce, an after thought, it gets no real investment, only enough to keep it going and it's really showing. While we spend thousands on players travelling from far flung places who'll be off to a club closer to home should the opportunity arise, as things are it isn't working.

Even Chester another team with no league funding ever has a better academy, which is painful to admit, but hey, they went actively seeking sponsors such as Swettenham Chemists. A suggestion that's been made on here before now and likely to the board.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 13th May 2018 at 20.55:24..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.02:05.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13