Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th May 2018, 21.03:13   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Nice bit of PR, no mention of football fortune, selling Obeng early on, percentage of next sale clauses etc.

Too many are getting complacent on here metioing we've made profits. The die hard support are forever getting older with very few youngsters willing to take over the voluntary work. One bad season, combining low attandances, players on big wages and we're in big trouble, although those running the club won't be at fault for such a scenario.

We've wasted millions on journeymen while using the very tired excuse of league funding for the academy once promoted. How is it Wimbledon have been able to have a very successful academy without such funding seeing half a dozen players at least in the first team regularly playing for them now, while also producing a very long list of players who've moved to bigger clubs in 15 years? Crucially they got promoted out of this league to by having a long term plan, investing in local youngsters to build a team, vary rarely can you build one in a summer or two.

How about Tamworth who under Morell grew the academy which is now starting to bare fruit? No funding again their.
The simple fact is the club have become too obsessed with promotion at all costs, no forward planning, millions wasted on players who don't give a toss about the club, this seasons capitulation a brilliant demonstration.

Honestly, what is our plan for the next 5-10 years beyond promotion and making a profit, it's another reason so many are put off by joining the WST, no transparency on the major matters of the club such as the academy. Tamworth had a presentation when Morrell took over outlining what they'd like to achieve over 5 years regarding club structure etc, I'm struggling to think of such a time it's happened at Wrexham.
Here here. Some common sense on RP.

Incase people forget we are a football club, people come to watch that not to view a bloody balance sheet.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 21.17:32   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

We'll be waiting a good while for another youth player to come through. Our 16's this year are very average apparently ....although the 15's are very good. 3 years to see one of them hopefully !
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 21.22:17   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Not taking sides in this dispute but interested in your vision of the Wrexham AFC future. Should we ditch the Academy/Youth teams , just like the Reserve team , because they are unproductive and too costly?
Although it's nice to have reserve and youth teams etc without EFL funding it's not cost effective.

The problem in this league you have teams like Salford who are not spending in a substainable way. We have therefore to put every penny into the first team budget just to have a chance to compete. In an ideal world this league would be run in a proper manner and the 60% rules on wages is needed.

If this rule of substainable business was in place I am sure we would have the right long term infustruture in place.

It's the league rules that dictate our stance.

You can't run a club with your heart you have to run it with your head. Otherwise like Chester you will end up in the doo doo anyway.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 21.29:46   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
When non league, Tranmere still have an academy for 16+ and yes, that remains to be seen. The point on Tamworth was when Morell was appointed a presentation for the next 5 years was made, they stuck by that rightly or wrongly, after formally introducing Ricketts are you any the wiser on what the club hope to achieve in the next 5 years other than making a profit and promotion? So we're all singing from the same hymn sheet and help police expectations a little more.
Well it remains to be seen whether Tamworth continue on this route, although by sacking Morrell they probably have already realised their plan was not working. They like ourselves don't have a owner with pots of money. Out of interest how are their accounts looking? I assume you have an idea?

As for Ricketts his plan is the same as we had last year try to get the best players we can for the budget we have. Once promoted we can then look at getting further infustruture in place. Ie youth and reserves.

Why do we need a 5 year plan?? Tamworths is now in pieces after the first 2 years. Like ours with losing our manager you can't plan too far ahead in this league. Unless you have a bottomless pot of money that is where you can afford to lose millions over several years. As I am sure you are aware a trust cannot run in deficit.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 21.33:33   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Much of your response bares no relation to what I said. On the point of millions wasted, the board can stipulate that the academy must be used.

As for Danny Ward, it was years ago now, another who played 1 game for the first team and that was it, play more and the players worth more. This is a massive problem, you'd expect at least a few to step up and become regulars in the entire time in this league Robbie Evan's and... Im struggling to name anyone else. Some of us thought the academy should have had that appearance fee.

In all honesty the academy has become a farce, an after thought, it gets no real investment, only enough to keep it going and it's really showing. While we spend thousands on players travelling from far flung places who'll be off to a club closer to home should the opportunity arise, as things are it isn't working.

Even Chester another team with no league funding ever has a better academy, which is painful to admit, but hey, they went actively seeking sponsors such as Swettenham Chemists. A suggestion that's been made on here before now and likely to the board.
Chester have a better academy yet are in serious financial bother and have been relegated.

I know which ship I would rather be on.....and no it's not theirs.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 21.37:58   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
Here here. Some common sense on RP.

Incase people forget we are a football club, people come to watch that not to view a bloody balance sheet.
Yes but a trust run club cannot run with a deficit.

What a lot of people don't look at is a successful team on the pitch usually follows a successful balance sheet. Their is always a time lag with these things...2,3-5 years generally. So yes the pressures now on!
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 21.50:52   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Well it remains to be seen whether Tamworth continue on this route, although by sacking Morrell they probably have already realised their plan was not working. They like ourselves don't have a owner with pots of money. Out of interest how are their accounts looking? I assume you have an idea?

As for Ricketts his plan is the same as we had last year try to get the best players we can for the budget we have. Once promoted we can then look at getting further infustruture in place. Ie youth and reserves.

Why do we need a 5 year plan?? Tamworths is now in pieces after the first 2 years. Like ours with losing our manager you can't plan too far ahead in this league. Unless you have a bottomless pot of money that is where you can afford to lose millions over several years. As I am sure you are aware a trust cannot run in deficit.
So we have KPI's beyond promotion and profit, if they aren't met we find the root causes or find a better way, plans can and do fail or it's a bumpy road along the way, it's far too soon to say Tamworth's is in prices, 2 promotions on the bounce and I doubt may would say that.

Using your logic we can't make any plan no matter the division, the club can set out what they want long term and get someone in who buys into or has a track record of doing that.

As for your point on the league changing, have you forgotten about Forest Green Rovers, Fleetwood, Luton, York, Mansfield and Gateshead? All had owners throwing money at it in 2011-2012, can't see how it's changed to be honest.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 22.05:47   #38-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Chester have a better academy yet are in serious financial bother and have been relegated.

I know which ship I would rather be on.....and no it's not theirs.
Chester have a sympathetic investor coming on board, an academy producing first team players too because they had a plan no matter the manager, with many more in the pipeline that will generate more money again, I think they'll be all right.

How many promotions since reforming? We've yet to have one and have a far bigger average attendance than they do, shows how much we've underachieved.

I'm done on the matter, the excuses from the same lot are tiresome.

If there's a will there's a way.
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 22.17:41   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Chester have a sympathetic investor coming on board, an academy producing first team players too because they had a plan no matter the manager, with many more in the pipeline that will generate more money again, I think they'll be all right.

How many promotions since reforming? We've yet to have one and have a far bigger average attendance than they do, shows how much we've underachieved.

I'm done on the matter, the excuses from the same lot are tiresome.

If there's a will there's a way.
Promotions in pub leagues! Come on keep it real....

Oh a sympathetic investor.....how long before his money runs out? Then what?

There isn't excuses...just a debate!

Last edited by jonesfach; 13th May 2018 at 22.24:45..
Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 22.23:46   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
jonesfach's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Real Name: Jones
Twitter: @





Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
So we have KPI's beyond promotion and profit, if they aren't met we find the root causes or find a better way, plans can and do fail or it's a bumpy road along the way, it's far too soon to say Tamworth's is in prices, 2 promotions on the bounce and I doubt may would say that.

Using your logic we can't make any plan no matter the division, the club can set out what they want long term and get someone in who buys into or has a track record of doing that.

As for your point on the league changing, have you forgotten about Forest Green Rovers, Fleetwood, Luton, York, Mansfield and Gateshead? All had owners throwing money at it in 2011-2012, can't see how it's changed to be honest.
Luton, York, Mansfield are at least proper clubs. FGR and Fleetwood bought the league. Gateshead what they up to now? Even Watson their manager applied here by all accounts as their money has run out. What about their 5 year plan based on academy and youth?

In 2010-11 when AFC Wimbledon were promoted the league had about 8 serious teams. The rest were pub teams, if you look at the league now there may be 1 or 2 at most. All clubs are well run(due to a big backer usually)and Have a lot of decent players.

Sorry but your arguments are flawed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.07:50.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13