Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th May 2018, 08.40:28   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
But this is Red Passion and we are only allowed to talk about playing out of position or bringing back ex players. unwritten rule .....

Pretty much spot on
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th May 2018, 08.46:09   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Default Re: Central Defenders under threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuteorob View Post
McNulty if released would be a good player for cover.
no chance ,over the hill
Old 15th May 2018, 08.54:52   #23-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmdoug View Post
no chance ,over the hill
not the way he picked up the Boreham W manager up by the throat 1 handed after the game
Old 15th May 2018, 08.58:12   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Poor mobility , but reads the game well @ can’t be that bad as he keeps getting promotion out of this league.
But we have Pearson and manny - I’d spend my money on trying to creat more goal scoring chances
Old 15th May 2018, 09.01:22   #25-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
CB is surely the last place we need to strengthen. Would need a back up player only.

Centre midfield is where we need class.
We will need to bring in cover, currently only we only have 2 experienced CB's in Manny and Pearson. It would be difficult not to see another CB brought in as back up alongside Tharme.
Old 15th May 2018, 09.02:55   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotyns View Post
We will need to bring in cover, currently only we only have 2 experienced CB's in Manny and Pearson. It would be difficult not to see another CB brought in as back up alongside Tharme.
That’s what I meant by back up.
Old 15th May 2018, 09.35:58   #27-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
Tharme stays but Raven and Marx gone. Raven was the backup, Marx could have been considered, but Tharme is too inexperienced for next year. I think this indicates either three at the back (not likely surely) or Ricketts wants a ball player in the middle of defence.

You could argue we weren't very good at starting attacks and the central defenders often get the ball first. Our two aren't the greatest ball players. I think we're looking for a classy central defender.
You don't have to be a great ball playing centre half any more though. If Ricketts is a modern coach he'll get his 2 centre halves to split and get a central midfielder to drop deep for the ball and start our moves, a lot of clubs practice this, even Mills did this with his Gateshead team, it also allows the full backs to push further up the pitch, it's all about being brave and confident on the ball, a lot would depend on the quality of centre mid Sam recruits to do that though.
Old 15th May 2018, 10.45:00   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
Tharme stays but Raven and Marx gone. Raven was the backup, Marx could have been considered, but Tharme is too inexperienced for next year. I think this indicates either three at the back (not likely surely) or Ricketts wants a ball player in the middle of defence.

You could argue we weren't very good at starting attacks and the central defenders often get the ball first. Our two aren't the greatest ball players. I think we're looking for a classy central defender.
Cant understand releasing Raven he looked decent
Old 15th May 2018, 10.48:51   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Cant understand releasing Raven he looked decent
Probably wants first team football which we can’t guarantee him.
Old 15th May 2018, 10.51:51   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebudo View Post
You don't have to be a great ball playing centre half any more though. If Ricketts is a modern coach he'll get his 2 centre halves to split and get a central midfielder to drop deep for the ball and start our moves, a lot of clubs practice this, even Mills did this with his Gateshead team, it also allows the full backs to push further up the pitch, it's all about being brave and confident on the ball, a lot would depend on the quality of centre mid Sam recruits to do that though.
Mills did it with us too with Moke, he was good at building play then Mills started to drop him around Christmas and we started to falter if I remember right.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.11:42.