Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th May 2018, 13.56:24   #127-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sam Wedgbury’s contract cancelled by mutual consent

There has to be something about this club that makes it an unattractive proposition to work for, as literally no-one shows any of the loyalty that other clubs seem to be able to generate.

"I inadvertently moved to Sheffield and didn't realise it involved a commute to the place of employment I recently signed a contract at" has to be right up there with the best of them.
Old 15th May 2018, 14.00:22   #128-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Perhaps he means if Wedgebury signs for another Club in our Division and plays at the Racecourse for them?

Yes but that's life some need to move on, if a player doesn't want to commit to travelling and can get a club nearer to home who can blame him? The price of fuel is rising all the time because of the weak pound against the dollar, that and with the travelling drag it makes sense, we would all do the same in his position, another way to look a it is heart wasn't in the club like a certain ex manager, it was Ricketts decision to let him go.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 15th May 2018 at 14.02:40..
Old 15th May 2018, 14.04:56   #129-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
There has to be something about this club that makes it an unattractive proposition to work for, as literally no-one shows any of the loyalty that other clubs seem to be able to generate.

"I inadvertently moved to Sheffield and didn't realise it involved a commute to the place of employment I recently signed a contract at" has to be right up there with the best of them.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the M62 and the roads around Manchester are a compete nightmare.

After this fiasco maybe the club need to look at the area size we recruit from. If a player is say X miles away and not willing to relocate then its no thanks. Risky but it would stop or limt things like todays mess happening.
Old 15th May 2018, 14.04:59   #130-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post

Money talks possibly been offered the same or more nearer home less time and costs travelling.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th May 2018, 14.13:57   #131-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Why do you think their will be anti Wedgebury chants next season???? A strange one that he will be forgotten about if Ricketts signs someone who can actually pass the ball.
Posted via mobile theme
When he most probably signs for someone else in our league. Even the players we release end up getting abuse normally.
Old 15th May 2018, 14.27:23   #132-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
Personal issues with him and his partner. Wanting to start a family, and he also PAYED BACK THE SIGNING ON FEE he received when he signed the contract in January. Sometimes things are bigger and more important than football.
If that's the case I'll take it all back.

He will be a big loss.
Old 15th May 2018, 14.32:03   #133-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Yes but that's life some need to move on, if a player doesn't want to commit to travelling and can get a club nearer to home who can blame him? The price of fuel is rising all the time because of the weak pound against the dollar, that and with the travelling drag it makes sense, we would all do the same in his position, another way to look a it is heart wasn't in the club like a certain ex manager, it was Ricketts decision to let him go.
Posted via mobile theme
Yes, I think we need to realise that at our level, it can be difficult for a player if their home base is a long way from their employer. Wedgebury has given it his best shot over a few years, here and elsewhere.
Job security is very limited (by the length of their contract), so relocating isn’t always an option for them.
At the end of the day they probably aren’t earning any more than your average Joe, though with a limited shelf life, I wish him no ill at all and think the Club have shown empathy with his situation.
Old 15th May 2018, 14.33:31   #134-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

he can say all he likes hes been tapped up and his signing on fee from his new club, hes gave some to WAFC so he can leave without feelin too much guilt, grow a pair wedge you should have took the money and run
Old 15th May 2018, 14.37:13   #135-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

How come things have changed within a matter of days?.All seems a bit odd...And the club is drifting
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.59:14.