Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th May 2018, 14.52:15   #28-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsussexred View Post
I agree. the entertainment wasn't good for many this season.
Hopefully in future years I would have thought that there will be more concerts added into the close season?
I was just highlighting that in time, our income from taking over The Racecourse will increase; some of which, will then be transferred to the playing budget (and some to maintenance/improvements) whereas, we have not yet fully bedded in, and so have not had chance to maximise profits

True but the ground is in a mess and will eat up any profit.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th May 2018, 15.13:20   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Build The Budget 2018/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
True but the ground is in a mess and will eat up any profit.
Posted via mobile theme
I think the kop is a mess (at present) but the rest is serviceable and one of the best grounds in the league, with a capacity to be able to stage big events like stereophonics etc. Before we got the lease back, many fans felt that this was as big an ambition as getting promotion- a first step in our recovery.
Any new ground would cost an absolute fortune to build and would no doubt be a soul-less 5k capacity shed on the outskirts of town, in the middle of nowhere, with limited transport links that would also need upgrading.
Such a move might also alienate quite a few of the older fans, as WAFC and The Racecourse go hand in hand; it is a kind of community asset.
Off the field is where the club has excelled so far, since taking the lease, while it is on the pitch that things haven't worked out so well.
I cant remember what the trust originally said, but thought it was something like it would take a few years to make The Racecourse profitable after the takeover, but I think that it was reported that we were ahead of schedule.

Last edited by eastsussexred; 20th May 2018 at 15.16:23..
Old 20th May 2018, 16.35:38   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
I think the kop is a mess (at present) but the rest is serviceable and one of the best grounds in the league, with a capacity to be able to stage big events like stereophonics etc. Before we got the lease back, many fans felt that this was as big an ambition as getting promotion- a first step in our recovery.
Any new ground would cost an absolute fortune to build and would no doubt be a soul-less 5k capacity shed on the outskirts of town, in the middle of nowhere, with limited transport links that would also need upgrading.
Such a move might also alienate quite a few of the older fans, as WAFC and The Racecourse go hand in hand; it is a kind of community asset.
Off the field is where the club has excelled so far, since taking the lease, while it is on the pitch that things haven't worked out so well.
I cant remember what the trust originally said, but thought it was something like it would take a few years to make The Racecourse profitable after the takeover, but I think that it was reported that we were ahead of schedule.

Don't disagree with any of this if we did a Jester and had a lego stadium that would be the end.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th May 2018, 18.39:11   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
I think all your points about the ground are exactly the way that it should not be built.

Firstly the cost would need to be reviewed and options of funding and grants found - how have other teams done it?

Built correctly and to say a 12,000 limit with option for an increase is something that I think could be achieved within budget.

On the outskirts - I think original talk was just off the A483 roundabout where Mold Road joins and the Stansty Chain Road runs along the back.
Perfect to have car parking all round which could be used in the day as park and ride and generate revenue on match days. Franchises for a Hotel, Gym and then we could have a club shop/ticket office and also all the bars and hospitality within the stadium.
Even better the away end could be the Stansty end and therefore all transport take away fans directly onto the A483 and away from the ground. No need for home fans to be moved.

As for transport links the railway runs just behind and a simple shunt system on the Wrexham/Bidston line with some sidings and a platform would provide match day travel (just as Brighton do). Its not much further to walk from the current ground either if the entrance was based just off the roundabout.

It just needs people to open their minds to the possibilities and the revenue this would allow the club to generate both on match days ad throughout the week.
Old 20th May 2018, 19.52:40   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I think all your points about the ground are exactly the way that it should not be built.

Firstly the cost would need to be reviewed and options of funding and grants found - how have other teams done it?

Built correctly and to say a 12,000 limit with option for an increase is something that I think could be achieved within budget.

On the outskirts - I think original talk was just off the A483 roundabout where Mold Road joins and the Stansty Chain Road runs along the back.
Perfect to have car parking all round which could be used in the day as park and ride and generate revenue on match days. Franchises for a Hotel, Gym and then we could have a club shop/ticket office and also all the bars and hospitality within the stadium.
Even better the away end could be the Stansty end and therefore all transport take away fans directly onto the A483 and away from the ground. No need for home fans to be moved.

As for transport links the railway runs just behind and a simple shunt system on the Wrexham/Bidston line with some sidings and a platform would provide match day travel (just as Brighton do). Its not much further to walk from the current ground either if the entrance was based just off the roundabout.

It just needs people to open their minds to the possibilities and the revenue this would allow the club to generate both on match days ad throughout the week.
I think it would be a sad day for the club if it left its spiritual home, though as you say, others have done it.
Not sure how much it would cost to buy the land and build a stadium of that size with facilities, a hotel and gym etc-20m? as well as the additional cost of infrastructure from the council and railway. As I understand it, the trust is determined not to go into debt, and I think that in our current situation such a move would be a massive risk to take, on many counts, especially as we are a conference club who has only just paid off a debt that almost put the club out of business. But I am not an expert in such things and no doubt those closer to the club will have looked into such things and would have better information regarding costs and risks
Old 20th May 2018, 20.33:55   #33-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Dragon View Post
Not sure what GDPR is, living over here, but my membership lapsed and I have been unable to contact anybody. I am willing to restart it, but any suggestions on how would be appreciated?

Rae
Have you tried emailing membership@wst.org.uk ?

The following information is also on the club website:-
JOIN US TODAY...
JOIN THE WST HERE
We Own Our Football Club. This is not a slogan, but an actual fact. So why not join the growing community of fans who can proudly sing 'We Own Our Football Club' and become a member of Wrexham FC. For as little as £1 per month, you can truly say - YOU OWN YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB.

The WST believes that YOUR football club should be run in the best interests of the local community. The survival of the club over the last few years has been down to the fantastic support and loyalty our club has received from its fans and members of the Trust.

Now is the time to push forward and ensure that Wrexham AFC is a club we can be proud of, and pass on to our children, and their children. Being a Member of Wrexham Football Club Trust gives you the opportunity to be part of, and shape, this future. You can join the Club at a number of levels: Junior Dragon, Youth, Adult, Associate or Corporate, each of which has associated benefits.

All adult members over 16 years of age will be entitled to vote on key issues affecting the Football Club at the Annual General Meetings of the Supporters Trust, and participate in the election process for Trust Board members. In fact, you can further help build a support base that will underpin a more successful and progressive Football Club by taking the opportunity to stand for election yourself to become a Board member.

Not everyone wants to lead however, we recognise this, and so, apart from being an owner of Wrexham AFC, what else is in it for you?

We are constantly seeking to update and improve existing membership benefits package. This page is designed to outline the benefits that are on offer for our members. This information will be constantly updated with new benefits as new benefits become available, so stay tuned to the WST official website for further details;

Current benefits and incentives include:
(to be eligible you will need to produce your Wrexham AFC Membership Card)

A new style Membership Card
A chance to raise questions and issues which the Trust can raise with the Club on your behalf
An opportunity to get actively involved in the work of the Football Club.
An invitation to exclusive member events
Future Club Shop discounts
Wrexham AFC also now offers all members (including Junior Dragon and Youth members) who travel to away games to watch Wrexham are now insured in having a full refund if they travel to an away game and the match is postponed. This is in addition to the member's discount for travelling on the official Supporters coaches.
Discounts at local business establishments (details will be included here shortly)
Priority to purchase match tickets for fixtures where availability is limited
Discount off ticket prices for selected home league games
HOW TO BECOME A WREXHAM AFC MEMEBER
Club membership now runs from 1st June until 31st May. So it's now time to become a Club Member or renew for the 2017/18 season.(If you currently pay for your club membership by standing order or with your Season Ticket renewal, then please ignore this)

Here are the best and easiest ways to renew your Club Membership.

Our preferred method of payment is by standing order which you can set up using the details below through online banking or by filling in a standing order form at your bank, or via your bank's on line system.

Co-operative Bank PLC
Sort Code: 08-92-99
Account Number: 65084582

Please use your WREXID as the payment reference, or if you are joining for the first time, then please use your date of birth as the payment reference. You will need to pay a minimum of £1. (A saving of £3 if you had just paid for a years membership)

Once you have done this, then please send an e-mail to membership@wst.org.uk and treasurer@wst.org.uk with the name of the account holder, the payment amount and the day of the month on which the payment will be made.

You can also renew your club membership online by clicking HERE
Once there, click 'BUY NOW' and enter 1 as the number of tickets. Then choose which type of membership you would like to purchase and click 'CONTINUE'.

Adult £15 (16 years old and above)
Youth £5 (11 to 15 years old)
Junior Dragon £5 (0 to 10 years old)
Corporate £50 (Companies and Supporters' Associations, etc.)

On the next page, in the box that says ‘E-Mail or Customer ID:’ enter your email address or your membership number (WREXID) and then enter your password and log in. If that isn't successful, then choose 'Forgot your password?' or 'Returning customer, but no password yet?' and follow the instructions.

On the next page, fill out your payment details and check that your contact information is correct. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on 'FINALISE ORDER', congratulations as you are now a Wrexham AFC 2017/18 Club Member!

If you have any membership queries, please email us at membership@wst.org.uk and someone from our membership team will get back to you in due course.
Old 20th May 2018, 23.42:58   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS (In my heart)

Quote:
I think it would be a sad day for the club if it left its spiritual home, though as you say, others have done it.
Not sure how much it would cost to buy the land and build a stadium of that size with facilities, a hotel and gym etc-20m? as well as the additional cost of infrastructure from the council and railway. As I understand it, the trust is determined not to go into debt, and I think that in our current situation such a move would be a massive risk to take, on many counts, especially as we are a conference club who has only just paid off a debt that almost put the club out of business. But I am not an expert in such things and no doubt those closer to the club will have looked into such things and would have better information regarding costs and risks
You would be closer to 45-50 million , a great idea , didn’t we have the same sort of proposed plan at the existing ground , sure there is a proposed drawing / photo of it , maybe somebody can post it up ?
Agree though this is how we need to be thinking a vision for the future, I drive over sydney harbour bridge most weeks with work and often think about the vision they had back then building something this big it’s 10 lanes wide and railway lines , would be lucky to get 4 lanes today
Old 21st May 2018, 03.49:49   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

All this talk of £20m and £40m is ridiculous.

Other clubs have managed it and there will be assistance in the form of grants.
Anyway its not part of BTB so pointless debate especially when its pushing at a closed door
Old 21st May 2018, 07.31:10   #36-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
All this talk of £20m and £40m is ridiculous.

Other clubs have managed it and there will be assistance in the form of grants.
Anyway its not part of BTB so pointless debate especially when its pushing at a closed door
I agree with you. Silly talk at present regarding a new ground or Kop.
Most grants and financial assistance are available with conditions of matched funding. We have no spare funds to match anything at present.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.18:17.