Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th May 2018, 15.43:22   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The reds are going up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post
What else did you see in the future?
I see Foxy and John Neals Dynasty calling for investment for the next 12 months.
Old 18th May 2018, 15.50:32   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by René Higuita View Post
think you need to put your specs on. Rutherford is so underrated in my opinion. Hard working clever player, and stats don't lie!
Oh not this Rutherford is good clap trap again
Please no more i cant stand it
Weak as piss
Old 18th May 2018, 15.52:28   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Jesus there’s nothing like a good level of optimism is there!
More optimistic than you.
Old 18th May 2018, 15.59:40   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
we missed our chance last season through being tight and dithering. ill wait and see who ricketts signs first and how we play in the friendlies if we have any, there should be a war chest somewhere in the club withall the above gates we get.if we don t get a couple of decent strikers then forget this season. our season might be over by november
Jury is out on our new manager, lets give him a chance but anyone thinking we will get promoted this season must be on something !
Old 18th May 2018, 16.17:12   #41-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Jury is out on our new manager, lets give him a chance but anyone thinking we will get promoted this season must be on something !
I'm saving this. Just in case.
Old 19th May 2018, 03.01:10   #42-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Jury's out on Ricketts? What??? There's no case against him yet, no evidence presented either way, no track record to criticise him, no new players to evaluate, no tactics to praise or complain about. Absolutely zero, a blank canvas on which only Ricketts can make any predictions.

Give him a chance, yes! Don't add a "but" to that - why on earth suggest that anyone with hopes of seeing greater success on the pitch must be on drugs?

You can't base your opinion on Ricketts on the performances of other managers who you believe have failed. That's like stating as a fact that if a coin lands on "heads" five times, it's certain to do the same on the next spin. It will still be a 50/50 chance. At least give Ricketts the same odds before the cynics on here get to work on undermining any optimism before a ball is kicked.

I'm as frustrated as anyone that we're still in the NL, but what happened in previous seasons has absolutely no bearing on the future.

Before last season, Tranmere hadn't seen a promotion for 27 years - since 1990/91, and Macclesfield hadn't been promoted since 1996/97 - 21 seasons ago.

Reminder: We went up in 2002/03, still 15 years ago, but nowhere near as long as either Tranmere or Macclesfield. Patience is a virtue, they say, and seldom more so than in football.

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 19th May 2018 at 03.02:29..
Old 19th May 2018, 04.28:57   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

It really is far to early to make predictions either way. I personally would rather have gone with someone who knows the league and the players that know how to grind out results.

It will all depend on who Ricketts brings in and how he sets up.
That said I don’t know why but I have a horrible gut feeling about the forthcoming season.
I look at some of the managers in it this year and it terrifies me.

Martin Allen is a winner and chesterfield will be up there
Woddack always has aldershot challenging
Salford are new but have money and Alexander
I think will work wonders there.
John still will undoubtably have Barnet In the pack
Will challenor have learnt a lesson and take Fylde a bit further?

Then there is the unknowns that did well this year? Boreham wood, ebbsfleet ect.

I honestly think it’s going to be a very very tough season ahead.
Old 19th May 2018, 04.52:55   #44-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

TT, how dare you come on here with your reality (which will be taken as negativity) and party poop ‘its our year’.

The more teams competing will make for a much closer league as we saw last season. Add in Orient, Sutton, Dover, Bromley and it has the potential for another merry go round at the top.

Our chances lie with our recruitment and as it stands I would prefer 4 quality additions plus the GK needed and then SR bring in 2 loan gems from Wolves. Key for me now is the CM pairing which given SRs age I am hoping for one of those coops (ha ha) someone mentioned and then the 2 majic strikers that BTB2 will help fund.

If SR fails in this basic task then yes its going to be a long season ahead, although can it be any duller than last year zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Come on Sam the man with the plan make me a fan.
Old 19th May 2018, 06.37:11   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendofthekop View Post
Who reckons next year could be ours?

Personally I think it's gonna be our year. The board have made a sterling appointment in Ricketts in my opinion and I think we have a great nucleus of a squad that can challenge for promotion (although Rutherford is a waste of the budget). U16s or not Ricketts has experience with top level players while Keates was frankly one dimensional and a footballing dinosaur. With tranmere out the league we now have the chance to be the rightful dominant force. Ricketts is the name

Loud and proud from Caia Park.

Up the shagging town come on wrecsam
CPD PARTISANS OVER AND OUT
ONE LOVE ONE TEAM

Wonderful Post I am Pretty Sure if you had been the Piano Player on the Titanic you would have been playing ‘ The Sun Has Got His Hat On ‘ as the water was up by your knees .
You must be on the same Happy Pills as Spencer lol

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.26:43.