Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th July 2018, 14.53:06   #61-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Accessible Away Travel - Help Needed !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
That seems to be a great idea from Haruki and Noisy1.

Ownership is always better than hire. If it can be used for various functions. And with the sponsorship opportunities it provides with branding on bus.

Do you think it could be feasible DLO ?
Thank you El Poncho, and a very valid question about purchasing our own vehicle. However , I have extensively looked into all these options. I looked into purchasing one ourselves but it would be at a massive cost and then would sit empty apart from 23 games a season. You can't drive it on a normal licence because of paying passengers you would need a PSV, then you would need business insurance, liability Insurance, fuel, Someone who is trained to anchor the wheelchairs etc etc, so I totally agree with your thoughts, but sadly it's not that simple !! It would be far more simple if we could run the service with a company responsible for all those things and we just pay for their service, just like how it works for Pats Coaches on the official coach travel.
Old 8th July 2018, 15.10:23   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official DLO View Post
Thank you El Poncho, and a very valid question about purchasing our own vehicle. However , I have extensively looked into all these options. I looked into purchasing one ourselves but it would be at a massive cost and then would sit empty apart from 23 games a season. You can't drive it on a normal licence because of paying passengers you would need a PSV, then you would need business insurance, liability Insurance, fuel, Someone who is trained to anchor the wheelchairs etc etc, so I totally agree with your thoughts, but sadly it's not that simple !! It would be far more simple if we could run the service with a company responsible for all those things and we just pay for their service, just like how it works for Pats Coaches on the official coach travel.
I'm sure there are ways around this. Free travel but at a cost of a membership subscription may get around the PSV license. Training to tie down wheelchairs must be rather simple and logical. if the passengers aren't paying (first point) then you are not running a business and may only need ordinary insurance.. You can use a normal licence if you carry only 8.?
There is some speculation in the above but it may give room for thought.
Old 8th July 2018, 16.06:45   #63-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: On the left bank

Thanks DLO,

I can see its not simple to resolve and the best solutions can often come out of the biggest challenges.

In addition to Quay Red's helpful thoughts of possible ways around it, if as WrexhamO has mentioned - Wrexham Inclusion FC are currently in the midst of purchasing an Accessible bus, it would seem well worth speaking to them?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.52:39.