Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st July 2018, 10.15:38   #127-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

Thank you for the reply Kerry.

I stand by my comments 're the front row. The questions are misleading. Some people of course are happy to sit there. But the spaces allocated are too small. It is not a labelled yellow box that is required. It is properly designated full size spaces and carer spaces. As per the Resolution. And as per minimum standards. This will mean that pitch side users are not "Sitting on each other's laps" as someone very recently said to me.
The Resolution is passed, either it is an instruction on the board ergo the club to act or it isn't.

You surely cannot claim that an email from a club officia in there official capacityl is nothing to do with the club?

Your plans to offer away travel to disabled fans are really commendable by the way. Perhaps you can advise more details on this?
Your sourcing of ponchos and blankets for pitch side wheelchair users is also commendable, especially as the club will not allow umbrellas to be used..

Can you advise also what the state of play is with regards platform 2 plans?

Do you have any proposals for potential platforms of your own? Does the Club?
Old 1st July 2018, 10.37:42   #128-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytactics View Post
Kerry, I'm astounded by the naivety on a number of points, but first I want to thank you for your enthusiasm and putting yourself forward.

To hear you say that ..."never once have I been contacted to ask my opinion of what changes I would like to see at the Racecourse Ground..." staggers me. I was the DSA Chair some 4/5 years ago and perhaps you never joined us then but I can tell you that we communicated with everyone that was interested in listening. We held monthly meetings, distributed monthly newsletters and spoke to individuals too. All the time seeking thoughts, opinions and ideas from disabled fans.

"...for the 1st time ever we will be running and offering an away travel service to wheelchair users..." Again, this is upsetting as the DSA ran away travel during my two year Chairmanship; including two trips to Wembley. What is more concerning is your comment regarding this 'new' service that the club will be offering; that "...each and every person travelling will need to pay..."

If you are indicating that carers need to pay then you and or the club are wrong. Check the Equality Act and the CAFE guidelines. If you make a carer pay then you are effectively making the disabled person pay twice.

And finally, I understand your need to communicate with disabled fans but I suggest this is done through the DSA, and not direct (unless you decide to hold a forum). Had the DSA had forewarning of your letter, I'm sure that much of this anxiety and ill feeling could have been avoided.

Thanks Terry for your input. In fairness the monthly meetings dropped off as we struggled to get anyone to run them. We are looking to reinstate them and publish a newsletter.
We'd welcome you back with open arms if you would like to come and re-invigorare things!
Old 1st July 2018, 11.28:43   #129-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

The most important aspect of Inclusivity is creating the right to have a choice.

Not to have to put up with only 1 option because there isn't any other viable choice.

Football as an industry had been so slow to catch up. Which is why the work of Wrexham's DSA has attracted so much attention nationally.

All fans should be given the opportunity to choose and decide where they want to watch the game, unless the match is a sell out, or due to any other policing regulations. It's the same reason why some fans are still campaigning for the right to have safe standing areas back in football and not enforced seated.

The Platform 1 viewing platform started the wave of inclusivity at the Racecourse and Platform 2 will further enhance that once its built and installed.

As an organisation The DSA carries a clear sense of purpose, they work hard to provide all fans with an option and a choice for all, through improved accessibility. This is perfectly aligned to a Community Owned Club which represents the whole community.

The sooner the 2nd platform is built the better!
Old 1st July 2018, 13.34:43   #130-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Very disappointed in the responses to the DLO (who is doing a sterling job and I'm sure understands the issues for wheelchair users only too well) and the fact that there is no apology from those who slated the club. Shows you to be very rude guys I'm afraid. Additionally, why can't the club DLO approach disabled fans directly? That smacks of our way or the highway by the DSA which is, I'm sure, not their position.
Old 1st July 2018, 13.48:08   #131-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
Thank you for the reply Kerry.

I stand by my comments 're the front row. The questions are misleading. Some people of course are happy to sit there. But the spaces allocated are too small. It is not a labelled yellow box that is required. It is properly designated full size spaces and carer spaces. As per the Resolution. And as per minimum standards. This will mean that pitch side users are not "Sitting on each other's laps" as someone very recently said to me.
The Resolution is passed, either it is an instruction on the board ergo the club to act or it isn't.

You surely cannot claim that an email from a club officia in there official capacityl is nothing to do with the club?

Your plans to offer away travel to disabled fans are really commendable by the way. Perhaps you can advise more details on this?
Your sourcing of ponchos and blankets for pitch side wheelchair users is also commendable, especially as the club will not allow umbrellas to be used..

Can you advise also what the state of play is with regards platform 2 plans?

Do you have any proposals for potential platforms of your own? Does the Club?
Can I ask how many current spaces (size queries understood) currently exist? Additionally, what is the maximum number of wheelchair users we've had at a game in the last couple of seasons? I realise some people can only attend if they're on the platform.

I'd be interested to know where the next platform would be placed?
Old 1st July 2018, 15.52:45   #132-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Very disappointed in the responses to the DLO (who is doing a sterling job and I'm sure understands the issues for wheelchair users only too well) and the fact that there is no apology from those who slated the club. Shows you to be very rude guys I'm afraid. Additionally, why can't the club DLO approach disabled fans directly? That smacks of our way or the highway by the DSA which is, I'm sure, not their position.
I would just like to say thank you for your very kind comments, they really have been very much appreciated !!
Old 1st July 2018, 16.58:21   #133-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Well done to Kerry Evans for her detailed response. I feel sure we all appreciate the sterling work she is doing and do not blame her in any way for the current dissatisfaction and frustration felt by many over this issue.
Perhaps WST Chairman Pete Jones or a senior WAFC Board member will now confirm that Resolution E will be implemented as a priority and as quickly as is humanly possible? That might reassure our DSA and concerned fans.
Indeed. Nerves appear to be frayed (and despite someone immediately using the response to then paint the club as blameless, they clearly aren't) but hopefully dialogue is open and results are to everyone's satisfaction.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st July 2018, 17.01:33   #134-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Can I ask how many current spaces (size queries understood) currently exist? Additionally, what is the maximum number of wheelchair users we've had at a game in the last couple of seasons? I realise some people can only attend if they're on the platform.

We are said to have 45 pitch side spaces and 6 on the platform. I have no idea of the maximum number of wheelchair users we have had as we don't keep numbers. The club could perhaps answer that.
I do recall at a Chester match carers having to sit away from wheelchair users due to a lack of space.

At the recent Wales training session I had quite a struggle to find space for an ex reserve player on a mobility scooter having to move and shuffle about quite a few people. This was mainly because people thought the front row was general admission as there are seats on the front row like any other row and nothing to say otherwise.

Platform 2 is proposed in the lower Yale under the away section. When this was devised it was with a view to opening up that unused section and enabling home fans to use it while also giving away fans an option to be much closer to the away end.
Old 1st July 2018, 17.10:03   #135-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:

Just as a comparison what is the capacity of general admission and what is the maximum attendance we have had since 2015?

Some might think the question is irrelevant, but this is the sort of question disabled fans are expected to have put to them.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.38:42.