Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th July 2018, 10.56:04   #271-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

In any organisation, wether its a club, office, company or brand, the sensible thing to do is to grow the business, to make it do better and to create positivity around the organisation to attract more people to its door.

At WAFC, the greatest focus is on the football, which is understandable as its the biggest point of interest and the focal purpose of the entertainment.

When we are not successful on the pitch or don't provide sufficient entertainment or we continue to under sell ourselves (by being outside of the football league) everyone gets frustrated and dejected. And many fans (like most football fans of most clubs) will start the process of blame culture to let off steam. To find someone to blame for the ongoing downturn in their clubs fortunes. And then the circle continues, until the club stumbles across the right formula, the right manager, the right ethos, the right vibe of positivity. When that happens at Wrexham and it hasn't happened for a long time, the heavens open and the grass looks greener, the wrexham larger tastes sweeter and the trophy cabinet gets a new shelf.

This preamble is just to highlight that (in my personal opinion) at the moment, the most notable point of innovation at Wrexham AFC, the sector with a real sense of purpose is the DSA. It's the one element at our club that is excelling and leading the way in the football industry and has gleaned nationwide admiration. Some might not appreciate how important that is to our club and think it has nothing to do with what happens on the pitch. That there is no direct link and its only beneficial to the Disabled fans. I personally think that view would be quite short sighted.

If I was a corporate sponsor with £10M to throw at a football club, I would sponsor a community owned club that cared about its whole community of fans and that was so great at doing it, that it received nationwide exposure. I wouldn't take much notice of just another football club that was the same as every other one.
Old 10th July 2018, 12.00:31   #272-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
And then the circle continues, until the club stumbles across the right formula, the right manager, the right ethos, the right vibe of positivity.
Surely the start point is getting the club 'ethos' right and then behind that are plans and a formula which then provides for a manager who may or may not turn out to be the 'right' one. I don't think that trying to continue to look for different managers in the hope that one will deliver is a recipe for success.

If we take the examples of the past then AM was thrown into the deep end and the formula for signing players failed. Mills was basically a totally failure in 'ethos' after a very positive start, however his treatment of Vose and then Manny should have been questioned against the clubs ethos.

Under DK then it did start of fall into place a bit more and it was only the lack of creativity that was the issue until the time he jumped ship.

So now Sam comes in but what we should really think about is the 'ethos' that he needs to work to. Yes there are times and ways in which this needs to flex but there should be some main 'core values' that we should always refer to when we look to address issues with recruitment, performance, formation etc.
Old 10th July 2018, 13.18:00   #273-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Surely the start point is getting the club 'ethos' right and then behind that are plans and a formula which then provides for a manager who may or may not turn out to be the 'right' one. I don't think that trying to continue to look for different managers in the hope that one will deliver is a recipe for success.

If we take the examples of the past then AM was thrown into the deep end and the formula for signing players failed. Mills was basically a totally failure in 'ethos' after a very positive start, however his treatment of Vose and then Manny should have been questioned against the clubs ethos.

Under DK then it did start of fall into place a bit more and it was only the lack of creativity that was the issue until the time he jumped ship.

So now Sam comes in but what we should really think about is the 'ethos' that he needs to work to. Yes there are times and ways in which this needs to flex but there should be some main 'core values' that we should always refer to when we look to address issues with recruitment, performance, formation etc.
Pagl, yes I agree, on the football side the Ethos is critical and has far more chance of success than just stumbling upon the right formula.

But by concentrating your reply on the football and the managers, you may have missed the point of my post and this thread, was to highlight the importance of the DSA to the clubs core values and its future success.
Old 10th July 2018, 19.46:29   #274-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by el poncho View Post
Pagl, yes I agree, on the football side the Ethos is critical and has far more chance of success than just stumbling upon the right formula.

But by concentrating your reply on the football and the managers, you may have missed the point of my post and this thread, was to highlight the importance of the DSA to the clubs core values and its future success.
Yeh. For some reason I thought I was on a different thread this morning LOL.

Totally agree that DSA should be at the heart of the club.
Seems to me with all the relevant points made on here that this needs to be sorted with some meetings and actions.
Old 10th July 2018, 21.11:40   #275-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Yeh. For some reason I thought I was on a different thread this morning LOL.

Totally agree that DSA should be at the heart of the club.
Seems to me with all the relevant points made on here that this needs to be sorted with some meetings and actions.
The DSA are awaiting a date to meet with the club.We are ready when they are.
Old 11th July 2018, 08.49:10   #276-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrwrexham View Post
The DSA are awaiting a date to meet with the club. We are ready when they are.

Come on WST board / Wrexham Football Club board, let's get everyone round the table with the DSA and get this important Resolution and mandate moving forward.
Old 11th July 2018, 22.01:41   #277-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Is there any time limit on their agreed matched funding
Sorry, anyone able to advise on this?
Old 11th July 2018, 22.05:44   #278-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Are we truly a community club or is it just an empty platitude? Please show it's the former by supporting the DSA.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th July 2018, 22.08:09   #279-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Sorry, anyone able to advise on this?
From memory it was for a year, then you would lose it and have to reapply. I would need to double check on that though.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.30:43.