Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2018, 20.57:52   #41-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Am I right in thinking that the WST board could have officially endorsed this Resolution therefore ensuring only a simple majority would be required?
The answer appears to be no, however the WST Rules and Standing Orders are confusing and contradictory.

WST Rules.
Paragraph 27: "The Members may by a resolution carried by not less than two-thirds of the members voting at a general meeting but not otherwise give directions to the Society Board. A Member wishing to propose a Members’ resolution for consideration at a general meeting shall give notice in writing to the Secretary of such wish, and of the justification for, form and content of the resolution, not later than noon 28 days before that meeting is to be held. The following provisions apply to any directions given"...

Paragraph 50: "Decisions at general meetings shall be made by passing resolutions:
50.1 The following decisions must be made by extraordinary resolution:
50.1.1 Any amendment to the Society's Rules;
50.1.2 The decision to wind up the Society.
50.1.3 Any decision to allot new shares in Wrexham AFC Limited other
than to the Society
50.2 All other decisions shall be made by ordinary resolution.
51. An extraordinary resolution is one passed by a majority of not less than 75% of votes cast at a general meeting and an ordinary resolution is one passed by a simple majority (51%) of votes cast."

WST Standing Orders make no mention of the amount of votes a resolution must gain before being passed.

I think that part of the 'confusion' lies in the terminology; I've read in the two documents, General Meeting, Annual General Meeting and Special General Meeting. So, although Resolution E should be considered as an ordinary resolution requiring a simple majority (51%) of votes, its being treated differently (two-thirds of votes) because the vote is taking place at an AGM: why voting for an ordinary resolution at an AGM is treated differently is unexplained.
Old 15th June 2018, 16.23:06   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

We have remodelled the box door and window on the box attached to the first wheelchair viewing platform so now wheelchair users can enter and exit the box to the platform.
The window has been lowered so as a wheelchair user can now see out. This is significant as I believe it sets us apart entirely from everyone else in football.
Many many thanks to Covenant Windows and their Dan Davies in particular as he has shown great patience in getting this over the line and great kindness on price.
The DSA will pay 100% of the cost on this improvement.

Thanks of course too to Stadium Manager Phil Bennett for his help.

This will put our work in the National spoltlight again

Baroness Tanni has already expressed her love ��
Old 15th June 2018, 17.24:21   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

A great addition this, especially in colder weather. We can only thank you for your vision and empathy.
Old 16th June 2018, 07.56:08   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
We have remodelled the box door and window on the box attached to the first wheelchair viewing platform so now wheelchair users can enter and exit the box to the platform.
The window has been lowered so as a wheelchair user can now see out. This is significant as I believe it sets us apart entirely from everyone else in football.
Many many thanks to Covenant Windows and their Dan Davies in particular as he has shown great patience in getting this over the line and great kindness on price.

Great stuff - well done all!
Old 16th June 2018, 08.57:18   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:

I should also have said that the largest part of the funding for this project came via a £1000 donation from NW Crusaders supporters club back in the day they still played at the Racecourse. It was their way of contributing to the platform project and we had ring fenced that money since then. We remain thankful to them and I can only apologise for not including them in my original post.
Old 18th June 2018, 10.08:26   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

I have cast my votes today.

Please everyone vote if you are eligible. Every supporting vote is needed!
Old 18th June 2018, 11.43:18   #47-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Brilliant, just wondering are the doorways in the internal corridors wide enough for chairs and are there disabled toilet facilities near the suites? Just thinking of all the logistics that people face.
Old 18th June 2018, 13.17:05   #48-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I have cast my votes today.

Please everyone vote if you are eligible. Every supporting vote is needed!
Just voted supporting this
Old 18th June 2018, 14.54:31   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
Just voted supporting this
Thank you.
Old 18th June 2018, 14.55:32   #50-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flumpadinks a RED View Post
Brilliant, just wondering are the doorways in the internal corridors wide enough for chairs and are there disabled toilet facilities near the suites? Just thinking of all the logistics that people face.
Yes, Though toilets are one floor down outside the 1864.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.23:17.