RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111986-wst-agm-resolution-e-increase-facilities-wheelchair-users-asap.html)

WrexhamO 4th June 2018 07.35:03

WST AGM Resolution E - increase facilities for wheelchair users asap

DSA committee members and wheelchair users Ian Parry and Nathan Davies have put a resolution to the AGM calling for increased accessibility at the Racecourse.

They will need the help of as many WST members as possible to get this through.

The DSA stands ready to fund improvements. Indeed with Football Stadia Improvement Fund support could potentially fund £50K worth of improvements today.

Please help Ian and Nathan in there quest!

Quay Red 4th June 2018 07.58:24

Re: WST AGM Resolution E

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2150271]DSA committee members and wheelchair users Ian Parry and Nathan Davies have put a resolution to the AGM calling for increased accessibility at the Racecourse.

They will need the help of as many WST members as possible to get this through.

The DSA stands ready to fund improvements. Indeed with Football Stadia Improvement Fund support could potentially fund £50K worth of improvements today.

Please help Ian and Nathan in there quest![/QUOTE]

Already voted. You have my full support.
I'd like to see a copy of the proposed plans though.

WrexhamO 4th June 2018 08.11:14

If the club, WST and DSA committee would be happy to share them I would be glad to.

I will make enquiries, but am working away until Wednesday at least so please bear with me.

Haruki 4th June 2018 08.12:11

Why has the building of wheelchair platforms been down to fundraising efforts and not been funded by the club?

Flumpadinks a RED 4th June 2018 10.13:58

[QUOTE=Haruki;2150275]Why has the building of wheelchair platforms been down to fundraising efforts and not been funded by the club?[/QUOTE]

I suppose largely focus has been on the football side of things. Do charitable organisations get more funding than the club? Now the club has a lease on the stadium it may be more straightforward to get funding and less red tape from landlord to make improvements.

I hope it passes and that everyone can work together to provide what is needed.

Haruki 4th June 2018 10.38:34

[QUOTE=Flumpadinks a RED;2150318]I suppose largely focus has been on the football side of things. Do charitable organisations get more funding than the club? Now the club has a lease on the stadium it may be more straightforward to get funding and less red tape from landlord to make improvements.

I hope it passes and that everyone can work together to provide what is needed.[/QUOTE]

I agree but we have made some pointless loan signings towards the end of dead seasons over the last few years and prioritising that over disabled viewing platforms doesn't make sense to me

Flumpadinks a RED 4th June 2018 10.45:28

[QUOTE=Haruki;2150330]I agree but we have made some pointless loan signings towards the end of dead seasons over the last few years and prioritising that over disabled viewing platforms doesn't make sense to me[/QUOTE]

In hindsight they were pointless. Unfortunately we can't change it.

Wouldn't it be great if the club could give every aspect of running the business, football club and team equal time and effort. Of course that isn't possible is it. Thankfully we have supporters groups and the DSA that are brilliant in filling voids, working together with all relevant bodies anything is possible.

Birdy 4th June 2018 10.51:39

[QUOTE=Haruki;2150330]I agree but we have made some pointless loan signings towards the end of dead seasons over the last few years and prioritising that over disabled viewing platforms doesn't make sense to me[/QUOTE]

Would they have been pointless if they had fired us to promotion?

Wxm boy 4th June 2018 11.18:34

[QUOTE=Birdy;2150340]Would they have been pointless if they had fired us to promotion?[/QUOTE]

If it was the end of a dead season when we weren't in the mix, how would they fire us to promotion??

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.17:17.