Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2018, 15.22:50   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Redrobinman's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
Was a given hence the wink!
The use of emojis should been discouraged.
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 19.17:41   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
RED2309's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre
Real Name: Barry





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
You are , of course, entitled to your opinion regarding the Hall of Fame.Please forgive me for disagreeing. Don't understand why you are trying to divert the focus of this discussion by introducing questions regarding the BTB?? What possible relevance does it have to this thread?
No attempt to divert focus.
As you stated in a previous response you support the club just wondered if your Association was backing this initiative?
__________________
Progress Through Stability #WST/WFC
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 20.10:48   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
No attempt to divert focus.
As you stated in a previous response you support the club just wondered if your Association was backing this initiative?
Can't believe this ! Are you questioning if the Former Players Association support the Club?? You know far better than to suggest such a daft thing.
__________________
"Supporting Wrexham since 1926 and forever more"
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 20.29:04   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
RED2309's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre
Real Name: Barry





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Can't believe this ! Are you questioning if the Former Players Association support the Club?? You know far better than to suggest such a daft thing.
No!

Read it again.
I just asked if you were supporting this initiative not if the FPA support the club.

So put your outraged indignation back in its box.
__________________
Progress Through Stability #WST/WFC
Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 21.33:25   #35-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Mark
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

I would now be interested to hear the answer wafc1926.
__________________
COYR
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 06.34:56   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomandGloom View Post
I would now be interested to hear the answer wafc1926.
Of course the FPA supports the Build the Budget initiative. We also support efforts to raise money for the DSA and Junior Dragons. Through myself as questionsetter/questionmaster , and other FPA members assisting , we run the annual WST Charity quiz. Our Chairman Nick Hencher hosts the Bamfords on matchdays , assisted by other committee members and our President Dixie McNeil .We organise all matchday guests on behalf of the Club, liaising closely with Commercial Manager Geoff Scott. We also support Social events at the Club , having a table of 10 for instance at the WST Joey/Mickey night and donating Auction prizes. We have , this past season , donated similar auction/raffle prizes to other Fans' groups to aid their fundraising. When funds allow we have also sponsored home matches, match balls, Youth setup , and costs of having a Christmas period town-centre shop.
Hope this answers your question and we can now get the thread back on track to discuss the Hall of Fame.
__________________
"Supporting Wrexham since 1926 and forever more"
Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2018, 21.31:12   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Back to the purpose of the thread and two questions :-
1 Why has the Hall of Fame section disappeared from the WAFC website?
2 Have the WSF officially scrapped ( no new inductees since 2008) the Hall of Fame?
__________________
"Supporting Wrexham since 1926 and forever more"
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 05.05:59   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: Tony
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Dave
The 'Hall of Fame' was on the agenda at the most recent WSF meeting.
It was agreed by all present that, after 10 years of non league football, was there really anyone totally deserving of inclusion ? The thinking being that the concept of the H of F (started some years ago by yourselves FPA and probably O SA) was a wonderful initiative that did not deserve to be cheapened by the adding of individuals for the sake of it.
Far from being scrapped, just over 12 months ago the WSF actually spent a considerable amount of money on updating / framing the images you (I think) passed on to us when we took it over(Les's legacy I think). These now adorn the various walls at the club and look impressive.
Let's hope that in a few years time we will be inundated with deserving nominees for inclusion.

Regards

Tony (WSF Chair)
__________________
I think we're going to need a bigger boat !
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 06.53:49   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill View Post
Dave
The 'Hall of Fame' was on the agenda at the most recent WSF meeting.
It was agreed by all present that, after 10 years of non league football, was there really anyone totally deserving of inclusion ? The thinking being that the concept of the H of F (started some years ago by yourselves FPA and probably O SA) was a wonderful initiative that did not deserve to be cheapened by the adding of individuals for the sake of it.
Far from being scrapped, just over 12 months ago the WSF actually spent a considerable amount of money on updating / framing the images you (I think) passed on to us when we took it over(Les's legacy I think). These now adorn the various walls at the club and look impressive.
Let's hope that in a few years time we will be inundated with deserving nominees for inclusion.

Regards

Tony (WSF Chair)
Tony
Just a brief thank-you for your reply. The Hall of Fame was started by the Supporters' Association in 2002 at the suggestion of Mark Griffiths and myself. It had nothing to do with the FPA which I don't think even existed at the time.
Far from "cheapening " the award I believe there are a large number of candidates worthy of admission to the Hall of Fame. I made up a list a while back and will post it as soon as I can find it !
Many thanks again for responding.
Dave
__________________
"Supporting Wrexham since 1926 and forever more"
Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 10.54:13   #40-0 (permalink)
OFFICIAL CLUB ACCOUNT
 
WxmCommercial's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Tony
Just a brief thank-you for your reply. The Hall of Fame was started by the Supporters' Association in 2002 at the suggestion of Mark Griffiths and myself. It had nothing to do with the FPA which I don't think even existed at the time.
Far from "cheapening " the award I believe there are a large number of candidates worthy of admission to the Hall of Fame. I made up a list a while back and will post it as soon as I can find it !
Many thanks again for responding.
Dave
Dave.
Let me know when you are available to meet up and we can update the list. This should be pretty easy to do with your knowledge. As you know when we launched the new website we transferred the Hall of Fame list across but we where then advised that it was inaccurate. We changed this to be then advised that it was still inaccurrate. We changed again and was advised not accurate.
Either call in or ring me on 07921 371766 and we can meet up to finalise and put back up.
Thanks Geoff
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.01:57.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13