RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Hall of Fame (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111991-hall-fame.html)

wafc1926 4th June 2018 21.54:35

Hall of Fame

Last members elected in 2008 by the Wrexham Supporters Federation. Notice the section on WAFC website seems to have disappeared. Does this mean , like the splendid C'Mon the Town annual , it has been officially scrapped?
On a similar theme, I was disappointed that the 1992/93 Promotion Reunion was cancelled at short notice. No criticism of the organisers but a shame nevertheless. In contrast our FPA staged a highly successful Dinner celebrating our greatest-ever side which won the Third Division Championship in 1977/78. We believe that our Club's great history makes us who we are and will continue such events. We plan a Porto European 35 year celebration in October 2019 and an International get-together (assuming I can get it approved by our English-born FPA committee members! ) to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Wales 4 England 1 in 1980. For those who are unaware of the facts , the Wales team that day included 5 players who currently, previously , or in future , played for Wrexham AFC!!
To put it bluntly , our Club's history defines what we are and makes us more than just another Non-League club. Let's celebrate that at every opportunity and work together to make a bright future !

eastsussexred 4th June 2018 22.29:47

Re: Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2150500]Last members elected in 2008 by the Wrexham Supporters Federation. Notice the section on WAFC website seems to have disappeared. Does this mean , like the splendid C'Mon the Town annual , it has been officially scrapped?
On a similar theme, I was disappointed that the 1992/93 Promotion Reunion was cancelled at short notice. No criticism of the organisers but a shame nevertheless. In contrast our FPA staged a highly successful Dinner celebrating our greatest-ever side which won the Third Division Championship in 1977/78. We believe that our Club's great history makes us who we are and will continue such events. We plan a Porto European 35 year celebration in October 2019 and an International get-together (assuming I can get it approved by our English-born FPA committee members! ) to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Wales 4 England 1 in 1980. For those who are unaware of the facts , the Wales team that day included 5 players who currently, previously , or in future , played for Wrexham AFC!!
[B]To put it bluntly , our Club's history defines what we are and makes us more than just another Non-League club. Let's celebrate that at every opportunity and work together to make a bright future[/B] ![/QUOTE]

hear hear

DoomandGloom 5th June 2018 06.25:30

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2150500]In contrast our FPA staged a highly successful Dinner celebrating our greatest-ever side which won the Third Division Championship in 1977/78 [/QUOTE]

Missed that when and where was it?

Bugs 5th June 2018 06.49:43

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2150500]Last members elected in 2008 by the Wrexham Supporters Federation. Notice the section on WAFC website seems to have disappeared. Does this mean , like the splendid C'Mon the Town annual , it has been officially scrapped?
To put it bluntly , our Club's history defines what we are and makes us more than just another Non-League club. Let's celebrate that at every opportunity and work together to make a bright future ![/QUOTE]

We are constantly told history means sod all as stated in my ‘when did lose’ thread.

Your last paragraph is spot on by the way.

jackwilliams 5th June 2018 08.32:02

Got to agree with that wafc1926. Too much doom and gloom on this site at the moment.

REDGOG 5th June 2018 10.41:16

To put it bluntly , our Club's history defines what we are and makes us more than just another Non-League club. Let's celebrate that at every opportunity and work together to make a bright future ![/QUOTE]

Great post, great history well worth celebrating.

I would settle for a rainy Tuesday night game against Rochdale now.

Junior Shabadoo 5th June 2018 14.26:35

Was Alan Kennedy in the England team as well?

wafc1926 5th June 2018 15.01:04

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2150641]Was Alan Kennedy in the England team as well?[/QUOTE]
No , it was Ray Kennedy. But Peter Barnes played ...another Wrexham connection. :)

Prodigal Dragon 5th June 2018 15.25:17

I think it imperative that the Hall of Fame remains central to our club, now and in the future.

Without understanding and acknowledging our past glories we will become grumpy old men and women. It's very easy to just whinge about the down-sides of our recent history; but there is so much we can use to spur us on to better days.

Keep up the great work, WAFC1926.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.50:03.