Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th June 2018, 09.16:24   #10-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sugar Daddies mean security for the Club and its fans. Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
And that folks is the Krux of the matter good post.... All this holier than thou crap about fan ownership when other clubs have money problems..... Making out that we are kind of superior to private owned clubs is getting pathetic.... We might be owned by ourselves in principle... But in general instead of a club being an owners play thing our club is a certain fews play thing.

We are where we are and yes we're financially sound at the moment thanks to a loyal fanbase.. But because of that some need to accept it has its limitations when it comes to competing against wealthier clubs..

It's no surprise that not one of the countries top flight clubs...the mancs, the scousers, chelski, spurs, Arsenal etc etc: are fan owned.

Because in simple terms you can only go so far with a hand too mouth life.

This is not criticising fan ownership just a look at the otherside of the fence. It's obvious through lack of money we probably have another season of excuses ahead.

But as I said we are where we are so let's get on with it not gloat everytime a club privately owned has financial problems... Many corner shops go bust also due to no forward thinking.
Posted via mobile theme
Good post.
Old 8th June 2018, 09.17:06   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

I think for a fan owned club to flourish they need to be in the football league.
The fact they limit wages to a % of a clubs turnover makes it a more level playing field.
Old 8th June 2018, 09.18:41   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

I think for a fan owned club to flourish they need to be in the football league.
The fact they limit wages to a % of a clubs turnover makes it a more level playing field.
Old 8th June 2018, 09.19:07   #13-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Jesus. I think we all get the point your are constantly making by starting yet another thread on the subject. Sadly, yet again, you are conveniently missing the point that many are making.

Nobody is really asking or expecting or maybe even wants the type of sugar daddy that you keep banging on about, but for crying out loud, we couldn't half do with some financial help here. There might just be some middle ground but sadly I fear we will sink a bit lower before that sets in with some.

Maybe next time how about a thread about hybrid models that have worked and are working. The debate (at least we are having one I suppose) at the moment is far too black and white for my liking.
Tell you what then, why don't you create a threat about these hybrid models you're seemingly fond of, explaining why they work so well, and how they would be suitable for us, if you can?

If I seem to be repeating myself, it just might have something to do with the fact that valid points made are "constantly" being forgotten by other posters with a different - and negative - agenda, creating the need to remind some folk that the grass in the "private ownership" or Sugar Daddy" field isn't ALWAYS as green as they make it out to be.

Truth be told, those who understand the fans ownership model become just as frustrated by the need to repeat themselves to those who fail to grasp why it WILL work for Wrexham in the absence of any other sensible solution.
Old 8th June 2018, 09.27:17   #14-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Tell you what then, why don't you create a threat about these hybrid models you're seemingly fond of, explaining why they work so well, and how they would be suitable for us, if you can?

If I seem to be repeating myself, it just might have something to do with the fact that valid points made are "constantly" being forgotten by other posters with a different - and negative - agenda, creating the need to remind some folk that the grass in the "private ownership" or Sugar Daddy" field isn't ALWAYS as green as they make it out to be.

Truth be told, those who understand the fans ownership model become just as frustrated by the need to repeat themselves to those who fail to grasp why it WILL work for Wrexham in the absence of any other sensible solution.
Thats a helpful attitude.

Well done.
Old 8th June 2018, 09.29:20   #15-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:

Lol
Old 8th June 2018, 09.32:20   #16-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

But that's your opinion which you are entitled to, those who you are sniping at who have a different opinion have as much right to say it, because their opinion is different to your's does not make them negative anymore than your opinion is being negative.... It's just opinions, just like everyone has an arse everyone has an opinion.... Neither of the opposite opinions has been proven to be right yet
Posted via mobile theme
Old 8th June 2018, 09.33:20   #17-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

It all depends how the sugar daddies have funded their plaything.

If this is with repayable loans then there is no security for the club as if the sugar daddy gets fed up then the club simply don't have the means to repay and would go to the wall.

On the other hand a sugar daddy putting money into a club that could not repay risks losing it all anyway. Its like a bank loan. If you owe the bank £10k then you have the risk if you owe the bank £100k then they have the risk
Old 8th June 2018, 09.35:25   #18-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Out of interest, why do you feel the need to repeat yourself? I think there are probably a handful of people here who don’t believe in fans’ ownership. I’m unconvinced that they’re likely to change their mind after all these years. Is it necessary that they become converts? Or is it ok for them to just carry on supporting the club, spending their money, and in some cases sponsoring us, even if their opinions are different from ours?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.04:19.