RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Pitch (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112007-pitch.html)

shetred 8th June 2018 12.38:32

Pitch

Any work being carried out this close season on it? I hope it isn't been ripped up and re-seeded yet again.

RHYLRED 8th June 2018 12.43:25

Re: Pitch

[QUOTE=shetred;2151362]Any work being carried out this close season on it? I hope it isn't been ripped up and re-seeded yet again.[/QUOTE]

Its happening this minute.

Redordead 8th June 2018 12.44:48

�� CLUB NEWS | Check out a gallery, video & social media posts about our 2018 pitch renovation.

Here [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/club-news-pitch-renovation-2018[/url]

��⚪️ #WeAreOneTeam

podders 8th June 2018 12.44:56

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/club-news-pitch-renovation-2018[/url]

Its the main news story currently on the club website

Birdy 8th June 2018 12.51:15

He was being sarcastic.

phillco 8th June 2018 15.35:56

I hope that they will be able to address the problem in the goal mouth at the Tech end. The problem was there last season and when Wales trained there it soon became wet and cut up quite badly.

John Neals Dynasty 8th June 2018 15.42:52

[QUOTE=phillco;2151437]I hope that they will be able to address the problem in the goal mouth at the Tech end. The problem was there last season and when Wales trained there it soon became wet and cut up quite badly.[/QUOTE]

Yes seemed to be a lot of divits in the goal area which stopped the ball going in that netty thing 😂
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

CRUMBS 8th June 2018 15.58:44

Is this happening every summer , and who pays , or is it to do with the concert .

shetred 8th June 2018 20.28:40

Why don't they turf it instead of spending thousands on ripping it up and re-seeding every year. That money could go towards the first team.

Red Light 8th June 2018 20.39:10

We seem to be doing this every year now for some reason - and it must be costly, however I would think that the work being carried out would possibly be cheaper than a total re - turf.
Struggling to recall years gone by where this happened so frequently - we miss out on home pre season friendlies as a consequence compared with yesteryear - just wonder how significant the concerts are in the requirement to change the pitch - grass will soon return in the heat with the sprinkler system feeding it.

pjwales 8th June 2018 23.56:05

I think it was part of the concert package and they pay for the returfing,also think we will have 1 home pre-season friendly who against hasnt been anounced yet but could possibly be an U-23 squad from Wolves.

DoomandGloom 9th June 2018 06.24:45

[QUOTE=phillco;2151437]I hope that they will be able to address the problem in the goal mouth at the Tech end. The problem was there last season and when Wales trained there it soon became wet and cut up quite badly.[/QUOTE]

Spoke to the groundsman on the day and the Welsh coaches wanted it soaking, almost a mud bath. Only thing I could think of was that less injuries than diving on a bone hard surface.

Redordead 2nd July 2018 21.40:09

Pitch watch has gone quiet of late?

Quay Red 2nd July 2018 22.38:17

[QUOTE=Redordead;2159175]Pitch watch has gone quiet of late?[/QUOTE]

Just watching the grass grow.

Cenotaff 2nd July 2018 22.46:02

Heard from a reliable source that the grass is growing towards the Sun. After some foreign player called Photosynthesis from what I could gather too.

RHYLRED 3rd July 2018 03.54:16

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2159192]Heard from a reliable source that the grass is growing towards the Sun. After some foreign player called Photosynthesis from what I could gather too.[/QUOTE]

You've heard "sod" all.

BillEBadass 3rd July 2018 07.33:57

At least this is one thing we can agree on - weed all like to see a decent pitch.

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd July 2018 07.48:51

some people will still mow-n.

krux 3rd July 2018 07.53:34

[QUOTE=Red Light;2151518]We seem to be doing this every year now for some reason - and it must be costly, however I would think that the work being carried out would possibly be cheaper than a total re - turf.
Struggling to recall years gone by where this happened so frequently - we miss out on home pre season friendlies as a consequence compared with yesteryear - [B]just wonder how significant the concerts are in the requirement to change the pitch[/B] - grass will soon return in the heat with the sprinkler system feeding it.[/QUOTE]

the concerts have to be the reason the pitch needs reseeding, however if the revenue they generate is far more than the reseeding work then thats fine.

Ooh aah Paskin 3rd July 2018 08.02:26

[QUOTE=krux;2159256]the concerts have to be the reason the pitch needs reseeding, however if the revenue they generate is far more than the reseeding work then thats fine.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

If the concert(s) less the reseeding etc still brings in more money than a pre season friendly or two then that's fine.

And I don't get the moaning..most people seem to think pre season friendlies are a waste of time anyway!

:D

dagg 3rd July 2018 09.22:07

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2159191]Just watching the grass grow.[/QUOTE]

I can hear the grass grow.

[url]https://youtu.be/VeYlGgPmom0?t=4[/url]

Socrates 3rd July 2018 11.22:48

Was looking good this morning

REDPHEONIX 3rd July 2018 15.57:55

Has anyone got an up to date picture of the pitch?

CRUMBS 4th July 2018 08.53:01

If you look at the Fondop-Talom pictures it looks very green and lush .

Flumpadinks a RED 4th July 2018 09.00:26

I'm no expert but all this sun, nice weather and the sprinkler system. Perfect conditions?

kingsevans 4th July 2018 09.07:23

I was speaking to Denny Yesterday and he told me the pitch is look really good, and they are happy with it, and they only took off the very top, so last seasons roots are still there

that means any new shoots will join in with the current growth and be stronger, they have also made some adjustments to a couple of areas, with regards to drains etc

its already had a couple of cuts too

all in all it should mean a great playing surface for the coming season

CRUMBS 4th July 2018 09.10:24

Ah i always wondered with this annual reseed stuff that roots wouldn't get a chance to really toughen up and go deep , but good to hear KE .

TWREX 4th July 2018 12.09:53

[QUOTE=kingsevans;2159589]I was speaking to Denny Yesterday and he told me the pitch is look really good, and they are happy with it, and they only took off the very top, so last seasons roots are still there

that means any new shoots will join in with the current growth and be stronger, they have also made some adjustments to a couple of areas, with regards to drains etc

its already had a couple of cuts too

all in all it should mean a great playing surface for the coming season[/QUOTE]

Let's hope we have a ball playing midfield to do it justice!

krux 4th July 2018 12.17:17

[QUOTE=TWREX;2159684]Let's hope we have a ball playing midfield to do it justice![/QUOTE]

Luke Young and Nicky Deverdics! what more could you want?

welshian 4th July 2018 12.18:40

Do we actually use the surface anymore? Hopefully SR wil get the ball on the ground for a change.

Birdy 4th July 2018 12.19:19

[QUOTE=krux;2159691]Luke Young and Nicky Deverdics! what more could you want?[/QUOTE]

Not Nicky Deverdics.

Ooh aah Paskin 4th July 2018 14.27:30

I'm still hopeful that with this new formation Ricketts seems to be trialling that plays Deverdics in his favourite and best position, we will see a new and improved version next season.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.29:43.