RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Portugal Tour replica shirts (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112009-portugal-tour-replica-shirts.html)

Redted 8th June 2018 16.46:45

Portugal Tour replica shirts

2 Attachment(s)
Tasty![ATTACH]4036[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4037[/ATTACH]

dlrwrexham 8th June 2018 17.31:26

Re: Portugal Tour replica shirts

Could have gone for a black one, if it weren't for that damned bucket hat!.:31::D

ianwxm 8th June 2018 17.46:40

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2151467]Could have gone for a black one, if it weren't for that damned bucket hat!.:31::D[/QUOTE]

if they did the black one as a non Portugal non bucket hat version, I'd definitely have one

Cenotaff 8th June 2018 18.59:50

They would be mint with just the Wrexham Lager on the front but the club will be getting extra £'s for the sponsorship. Maybe charge extra for ones with only the chest logo?

ColwynBayGaz 8th June 2018 19.07:43

The black one is lovely, but that SO58 logo is so out of place, kills it for me, a massive shame.

Rooster1982 8th June 2018 19.08:42

General consensus is that the sponsors on sleeve spoil the shirt... Id have bought one in both colours if not for the sleeve prints

riccardo 8th June 2018 19.09:06

I’m sure you can just peel it off-are they only available in the club shop?

Redted 8th June 2018 19.16:53

On the Macron website it also says there are sponsor adverts on the back of the shirt
official Wrexham Afc Portugal tour t shirt

Main Sponsor: Wrexham Lager

Sleeve Sponsors: Ivor Williams

Spirit of 58

WCD

Wrexham Lager

Rear Sponsors: Peter Gwyn Quality Potatoes

A1 Plastics

Safe aqua

WB Environmental

Cenotaff 8th June 2018 19.21:11

[QUOTE=Redted;2151490]On the Macron website it also says there are sponsor adverts on the back of the shirt

Spirit of 58

WCD

Wrexham Lager

A1 Plastics

Safe aqua

WB Environmental[/QUOTE]

Damn! I hope the money gained from sponsorship is enough to cover the loss of sales for a 'cleaner/sleeker', shirt.

Foxy 8th June 2018 19.28:24

[QUOTE=Rooster1982;2151485]General consensus is that the sponsors on sleeve spoil the shirt... Id have bought one in both colours if not for the sleeve prints[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean. I never buy shirts so am a bit of an amateur when it comes to this, but from the point of view of somebody who might buy one , the “purity of the shirt design” is destroyed by the huge Ivor Williams banner on the sleeve. To be honest, it’s a bit weird that the club have done this. But then again, they do a lot of weird things.

Redted 8th June 2018 19.31:04

I think the black shirt is very nice, not too sure about the sleeve adverts but saying that, the Wrexham lager one looks pretty good on the top of the sleeve.

Cenotaff 8th June 2018 19.32:14

[QUOTE=Foxy;2151494]I see what you mean. I never buy shirts so am a bit of an amateur when it comes to this, but from the point of view of somebody who might buy one , the “purity of the shirt design” is destroyed by the huge Ivor Williams banner on the sleeve. To be honest, it’s a bit weird that the club have done this. But then again, they do a lot of weird things.[/QUOTE]

It's not that weird really, it's trying to get more income from sponsorship so we can offer more wages like you'd like us to do. Plenty of European clubs, much bigger than us have shirts covered in sponsors. I don't like them but I understand why they are there.

FieldtownRed 8th June 2018 19.47:08

Any pics of the back of the shirt?

Tom wafc 8th June 2018 20.07:50

I think they look great, especially the black one. The Ivor Williams badge will look ugly on anything but i'd rather it on the sleeve than at the front of the shirt like the home/away shirt.

Red Light 8th June 2018 20.25:02

[QUOTE=Rooster1982;2151485]General consensus is that the sponsors on sleeve spoil the shirt... Id have bought one in both colours if not for the sleeve prints[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more - thought they were the best thing out for many a year and we would have had 2 x sets - then the bucket hat came into view - totally spoilt what was a great looking product - but a hat on a shirt ???

Ex Limassol Red 8th June 2018 20.32:19

I’ve bought 1 of each, they look great

Red Light 8th June 2018 20.40:49

ELR can you enlighten us what the back of the shirts looks like ?

rob0916 8th June 2018 20.51:43

Totally agree with the bucket hat, it looks horrendous and has turned it from a must buy to me not bothering anymore.

Cymru Rydd 8th June 2018 20.54:39

[QUOTE=Redted;2151490]On the Macron website it also says there are sponsor adverts on the back of the shirt

Spirit of 58

WCD

Wrexham Lager

A1 Plastics

Safe aqua

WB Environmental[/QUOTE]

Not sure about having "potatoes" on the back of the shirt? Need pictures

Cymru Rydd 8th June 2018 20.55:28

[QUOTE=Cymru Rydd;2151526]Not sure about having "potatoes" on the back of the shirt? Need pictures[/QUOTE]

Or plastics for that matter!!:)

REDGOG 8th June 2018 23.38:53

The back can be seen on the club web site

Small panels on the bottom of the shirt

Great looking shirts, produce them without the adds and the Portugal reference and they will sell really well imo.

That said I will drop a hint to my kids for fathers day and hope for the best.

pagl 9th June 2018 05.08:54

Are these in the club shop?
Going to Magalluf in 2 weeks so would be ideal.

flintred1983 9th June 2018 08.03:04

Do you have to buy a size up from what you'd normally buy like last seasons shirts

welshian 9th June 2018 08.06:45

[QUOTE=pagl;2151568]Are these in the club shop?
Going to Magalluf in 2 weeks so would be ideal.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah....bit of sightseeing..:)

Outertowner 9th June 2018 09.18:33

Spirit of 58

WCD

Wrexham Lager

A1 Plastics

Safe aqua

WB Environmental[/QUOTE]

How many sponsors do you need on a shirt? It's a complete overkill and ruins the shirt. If anyone buys one, find out how easy it is to pull the sponsors off the sleeve. I could be interested then.

andy buckley 9th June 2018 10.19:42

face it there would be no shirt without the sponsors

RED2309 9th June 2018 10.24:06

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2151497]It's not that weird really, it's trying to get more income from sponsorship so we can offer more wages like you'd like us to do. Plenty of European clubs, much bigger than us have shirts covered in sponsors. I don't like them but I understand why they are there.[/QUOTE]

A voice of sanity and realisation its a commercial opportunity not an exercise in the grand design of football shirts.

If the club hadn't done this the same suspects would be decrying an opportunity missed!

dyf 9th June 2018 10.29:44

[IMG]http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-dc3kcrik/products/2418/images/4484/Untitled-1__69543.1528471430.1280.1280.jpg?c=2[/IMG]

Tastefully done IMO.

RED2309 9th June 2018 10.32:33

[QUOTE=Outertowner;2151598]How many sponsors do you need on a shirt? It's a complete overkill and ruins the shirt. If anyone buys one, find out how easy it is to pull the sponsors off the sleeve. I could be interested then.[/QUOTE]

I guessing you've never bought a rugby league shirt then!:D

International 9th June 2018 11.00:14

[QUOTE]It's not that weird really, it's trying to get more income from sponsorship so we can offer more wages like you'd like us to do. Plenty of European clubs, much bigger than us have shirts covered in sponsors. I don't like them but I understand why they are there.[/QUOTE]

Multiple sponsors on shirts is the norm these days (outside of the UK). On some S.American shirts it adds to the appeal...but then again you don't know what they are advertising.
I think part of the problem becomes a lot of companies don't want to change the colour of their logo to suit the shirt. The Ivor Williams logo would look better green on the shirt rather than blue.

Jaded 9th June 2018 12.40:16

[QUOTE=RED2309;2151612]I guessing you've never bought a rugby league shirt then!:D[/QUOTE]

I would guess the vast majority of Wrexham fans have never bought a rugby league shirt...

pagl 9th June 2018 12.58:49

[QUOTE=welshian;2151584]Oh yeah....bit of sightseeing..:)[/QUOTE]

Too right. My nieces husband to be Stag Party that somehow I ended up arranging. 14 of us with 1 bin dipper as well.

Classy people like us will stay in Palma Nova and just hit the strip at night.

:)

Tom wafc 9th June 2018 14.27:42

Any idea when we can pick these up from the shop?

FieldtownRed 9th June 2018 15.01:31

[QUOTE=dyf;2151611][IMG]http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-dc3kcrik/products/2418/images/4484/Untitled-1__69543.1528471430.1280.1280.jpg?c=2[/IMG]

Tastefully done IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah agree with you. When it was mentioned the back had sponsors on it, I half-expected the tee to look like a walking billboard.

Will be ordering one now. Just a shame they won’t send by post.

dlrwrexham 9th June 2018 16.04:24

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2151497]It's not that weird really, it's trying to get more income from sponsorship so we can offer more wages like you'd like us to do. Plenty of European clubs, much bigger than us have shirts covered in sponsors. I don't like them but I understand why they are there.[/QUOTE]

Not the amount of sponsors, that kills it for me, it's just that damned bucket hat, I just hate the feckin 'things! :31::D

short_gog 9th June 2018 17.21:06

gutted you can't order on line, for us non-gogland fans that's disappointing - I'd get the black one

FieldtownRed 9th June 2018 17.24:42

[QUOTE=short_gog;2151731]gutted you can't order on line, for us non-gogland fans that's disappointing - I'd get the black one[/QUOTE]

Yeah likewise. Why won't they send out to exiles?

pagl 9th June 2018 17.39:31

[QUOTE=short_gog;2151731]gutted you can't order on line, for us non-gogland fans that's disappointing - I'd get the black one[/QUOTE]

Let me know the size and I can pick one up for you next week and post it out.

flintred1983 9th June 2018 19.01:44

Ive bought mine online and got delivery

Junior Shabadoo 9th June 2018 21.28:40

[QUOTE=RED2309;2151612]I guessing you've never bought a rugby league shirt then!:D[/QUOTE]

French football shirts make rugby shirts look like bastions of purity too.

If I hadn't spunked a load of money on, err, a season ticket, I'd have been all over a yellow shirt like a rash. They are delicious. I'd still be wearing my Middlesbrough game period shirt with that sponsor if I wasn't three stone heavier now than then.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.05:45.