Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th June 2018, 13.15:12   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I love Wrexham me, always have. And the fans owned model does not provide for enough investment in the club.

They are not mutually exclusive views.
Posted via mobile theme
There is nothing and no one to stop anyone putting money into the club. All donations will be gratefully received.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.29:00   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I love Wrexham me, always have. And the fans owned model does not provide for enough investment in the club.

They are not mutually exclusive views.
Posted via mobile theme
The sugar daddy model won't provide enough investment eventually.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.37:13   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
There is nothing and no one to stop anyone putting money into the club. All donations will be gratefully received.
All donations should be gratefully and actively sought!
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.37:42   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
The sugar daddy model won't provide enough investment eventually.
Like it hasn't at Fleetwood or fgr?
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.46:28   #35-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Congy Red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I love Wrexham me, always have. And the fans owned model does not provide for enough investment in the club.

They are not mutually exclusive views.
Posted via mobile theme
This is wrong. The model provides enough investment that 3500 people go to watch the games and gives us a realistic chance of promotion. If you want to bash the model then bash away but it is providing something that people keep coming back for more of.


Just out of interest, exactly how much extra do you think we need? I think Your honest answer would be 'loads', that is,you're just frustrated we aren't storming up the leagues.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.51:46   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
This is wrong. The model provides enough investment that 3500 people go to watch the games and gives us a realistic chance of promotion. If you want to bash the model then bash away but it is providing something that people keep coming back for more of.


Just out of interest, exactly how much extra do you think we need? I think Your honest answer would be 'loads', that is,you're just frustrated we aren't storming up the leagues.
The amount we need is the amount to give us the biggest budget in the league. Or as close as possible.

Your point about the money is enough because we have loads of fans is bizarre. 3,500 turn up because they love the club, not because of a quality product
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.55:16   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Congy Red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
The amount we need is the amount to give us the biggest budget in the league. Or as close as possible.

Your point about the money is enough because we have loads of fans is bizarre. 3,500 turn up because they love the club, not because of a quality product
Posted via mobile theme
As I said, its 'loads' isn't it.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.56:29   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
Here we go! Not even back in pre season and the knives are out. I have a novel idea,if you don't like it,stay away. Not hard really.
We’re would soon need a dodgy business man rescue if our board took this attitude.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 13.59:32   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
As I said, its 'loads' isn't it.
I thought 'enough to give us the biggest budget in the league' was a reasonable answer. Of course any investment would be great, but I believe you can only say you have 'enough' money, when you have the biggest budget in the league as this gives the best chance of success.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 14.01:48   #40-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
This is wrong. The model provides enough investment that 3500 people go to watch the games and gives us a realistic chance of promotion. If you want to bash the model then bash away but it is providing something that people keep coming back for more of.

Just out of interest, exactly how much extra do you think we need? I think Your honest answer would be 'loads', that is,you're just frustrated we aren't storming up the leagues.
I think the point is that after 10+ years in this league then the current model does NOT provide enough investment for a realistic chance of promotion.
Despite last season being a great opportunity we simply didn't have money to invest in the January window to push on and win the league. Even Maccy beat us to the signing of Blissett.

So if you want to do some figures then...…
Last season we raised £100k BTB which was spent on players over and above the budget that would have been available from the 3,500 fans (although it was more like 4,200 last season). Add onto that any money spent from the Taylor sell on fee and it shows again that the current revenue streams are not enough and we need to increase/improve them.
We should be aiming to increase the budget by at least 50% so that we can then offer £1,200 a week to someone instead of £800 (that's just example numbers as I don't know what we actually pay).

Fans are not bashing the 'model' as such because we all realise that we are now fan owned and we don't really want to move away from this into a sugar daddy model that would jeopardise the future of the club.

However what we do need to look at is how we can increase revenue streams or attract 'additional' investment into the club that will allow us maybe sign players we could sell on or simply just recruit better quality which would then pay for itself with crowds over the budget and break even figure.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.02:50.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13