Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th June 2018, 14.49:28   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I think the point is that after 10+ years in this league then the current model does NOT provide enough investment for a realistic chance of promotion.
Despite last season being a great opportunity we simply didn't have money to invest in the January window to push on and win the league. Even Maccy beat us to the signing of Blissett.

So if you want to do some figures then...…
Last season we raised £100k BTB which was spent on players over and above the budget that would have been available from the 3,500 fans (although it was more like 4,200 last season). Add onto that any money spent from the Taylor sell on fee and it shows again that the current revenue streams are not enough and we need to increase/improve them.
We should be aiming to increase the budget by at least 50% so that we can then offer £1,200 a week to someone instead of £800 (that's just example numbers as I don't know what we actually pay).

Fans are not bashing the 'model' as such because we all realise that we are now fan owned and we don't really want to move away from this into a sugar daddy model that would jeopardise the future of the club.

However what we do need to look at is how we can increase revenue streams or attract 'additional' investment into the club that will allow us maybe sign players we could sell on or simply just recruit better quality which would then pay for itself with crowds over the budget and break even figure.

Pagl how many more times.. Stop talking sense... We will see how much money we have now the sell on fees have dried up because we have no young talent to sell that revenue stream has near enough gone, so we're reliant on BTB forever more and if no success that will also eventually dwindle.... Yes we need money from somewhere but complacency seems to be the future with some.
Posted via mobile theme
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 15.15:29   #42-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I think the point is that after 10+ years in this league then the current model does NOT provide enough investment for a realistic chance of promotion.
Despite last season being a great opportunity we simply didn't have money to invest in the January window to push on and win the league. Even Maccy beat us to the signing of Blissett.

So if you want to do some figures then...…
Last season we raised £100k BTB which was spent on players over and above the budget that would have been available from the 3,500 fans (although it was more like 4,200 last season). Add onto that any money spent from the Taylor sell on fee and it shows again that the current revenue streams are not enough and we need to increase/improve them.
We should be aiming to increase the budget by at least 50% so that we can then offer £1,200 a week to someone instead of £800 (that's just example numbers as I don't know what we actually pay).

Fans are not bashing the 'model' as such because we all realise that we are now fan owned and we don't really want to move away from this into a sugar daddy model that would jeopardise the future of the club.

However what we do need to look at is how we can increase revenue streams or attract 'additional' investment into the club that will allow us maybe sign players we could sell on or simply just recruit better quality which would then pay for itself with crowds over the budget and break even figure.
So how can a club like Macclesfield who actually budgeted for 1300 crowds for season 17-18 out bid a club with near 5000 gates at the time,and just like Wrexham fc we are told they do not have a sugar daddy,also wrexham would have had to pay about £1800 a week to bring in Andy cooke and then it has been mentioned keates would not pay the agents fee,but 3 months later Keates signs him for Walsall.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 15.18:55   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Pagl how many more times.. Stop talking sense... We will see how much money we have now the sell on fees have dried up because we have no young talent to sell that revenue stream has near enough gone, so we're reliant on BTB forever more and if no success that will also eventually dwindle.... Yes we need money from somewhere but complacency seems to be the future with some.
Posted via mobile theme
I think there will always be talent coming through after all Wxm has a big catchment area and it is more miss than hit for every club trying to identify the cream at young ages let alone 16 or 17. Our former Sunday keeper runs his 9 year old's team and does a bit of scouting for Crewe. He was telling me Crewe are desperately keen to nick one of our 10 year old's. Currently we have good potential sell one out there; Danny Ward, Johnny Smith & Jordan Davies so it may not be all gloom.

Last edited by davewilli; 9th June 2018 at 15.20:08..
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 15.23:47   #44-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
sparky's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Real Name: It's not rocket science
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I think the point is that after 10+ years in this league then the current model does NOT provide enough investment for a realistic chance of promotion.
Despite last season being a great opportunity we simply didn't have money to invest in the January window to push on and win the league. Even Maccy beat us to the signing of Blissett.

So if you want to do some figures then...…
Last season we raised £100k BTB which was spent on players over and above the budget that would have been available from the 3,500 fans (although it was more like 4,200 last season). Add onto that any money spent from the Taylor sell on fee and it shows again that the current revenue streams are not enough and we need to increase/improve them.
We should be aiming to increase the budget by at least 50% so that we can then offer £1,200 a week to someone instead of £800 (that's just example numbers as I don't know what we actually pay).

Fans are not bashing the 'model' as such because we all realise that we are now fan owned and we don't really want to move away from this into a sugar daddy model that would jeopardise the future of the club.

However what we do need to look at is how we can increase revenue streams or attract 'additional' investment into the club that will allow us maybe sign players we could sell on or simply just recruit better quality which would then pay for itself with crowds over the budget and break even figure.
Bang on.
__________________
There are no tools you can use out there. You've just got to go with what you have in your pants.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 15.33:20   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
Wrexham's Patrick Bateman's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
Here we go! Not even back in pre season and the knives are out. I have a novel idea,if you don't like it,stay away. Not hard really.
Careful watch you wish for....Suggesting people don't come and pay to watch dreadful boring non football..Being over run, backs to the wall defending..Hanging on, having had the good fortune to score a goal....

Might just catch on......
__________________
Always right... FACT
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 15.42:06   #46-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name: Johnny Windows
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Sorry Congy Red, you are at it again. Didn’t you say a few weeks ago that we actually could begin to play like Liverpool? Last season was full of promise but was painful and boring to watch. We got, what our unambitious tactics deserved. You think we are on the verge of something big? Wow, you are amazing.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 16.01:23   #47-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
So how can a club like Macclesfield who actually budgeted for 1300 crowds for season 17-18 out bid a club with near 5000 gates at the time,and just like Wrexham fc we are told they do not have a sugar daddy,also wrexham would have had to pay about £1800 a week to bring in Andy cooke and then it has been mentioned keates would not pay the agents fee,but 3 months later Keates signs him for Walsall.
Its a question of what you believe really. Do I believe Maccy were only paying £250 a week for their squad and then suddenly in Jan they attracted Blissett over us at that wage. hmmmmm. I cannot say for sure but the numbers don't stack up somewhere.

Then there are the unpaid wages which as their Chairman said he had to move money into the club from another account to cover the wages. So which account would that be then the Maccy BTB account or maybe his own personal account where he is actually propping up the club?

As for Cooke then at £1,800 a week I cannot see how we were realistically in for him, can you? Sounds all media talk to me.

Congy is partly right in that its not ALL about money as part of it is how you spend that money as FGR found for a number of years. However we can see with Pearson, Manny, Wedgbury that better players cost more money as BTB was used to bring them in on a higher wage than we would have been able to pay just on our basic budget.

My opinion is that Sam has the right philosophy about having a smaller squad which is better quality and then bringing in 1-2 loan players to then add further quality as needed. That maybe on the GK front or even a forward.

That's just my take on events though.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 16.16:26   #48-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Like it hasn't at Fleetwood or fgr?
Posted via mobile theme
You can't compare Wrexham to those clubs. If we ever got back to the highest league we have been in the Championship we wouldnt be able to compete.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 16.57:27   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
You can't compare Wrexham to those clubs. If we ever got back to the highest league we have been in the Championship we wouldnt be able to compete.
We punched above our weight in those days. We had the big advantage of fairly regular entry into Europe but even then with good gates, we found it increasingly difficult to pay the wages to compete, let alone stay there. Some great cup runs and success bred success as John Neal built our greatest team and we all thought we would go straight through to the elite. Those were fantastic days but once that adventure was over we really struggled financially.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 17.01:08   #50-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

We have enough to compete.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - WORLD CUP 2018 FORUM - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.56:38.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13