RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Its all about money and we've got enough. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112012-its-all-about-money-weve-got-enough.html)

Congy Red 9th June 2018 08.36:26

Its all about money and we've got enough.

Last season we were pretty close to success. Barring some glaring mistakes by Keates we could have reached the playoffs. Note that doesn't read ; 'barring a huge cash injection' we would have made the playoffs.

We managed to get close to success because we could afford a mix of league quality players and good conference players. For next season we've signed Young, who appears to at least be a good conference player and kept some good/very good others.

Every season we're in the Conference this formula will work to get us a chance. The number of fans attending proves this formula has enduring popularity and the accounts show a steady improvement in the books.

It isn't lack of money that prevents greater success. Its a tiny step to having a team that clicks and has a bit of luck with injuries.

petered 9th June 2018 08.41:26

Re: Its all about money and we've got enough.

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2151591]Last season we were pretty close to success. Barring some glaring mistakes by Keates we could have reached the playoffs. Note that doesn't read ; 'barring a huge cash injection' we would have made the playoffs.

We managed to get close to success because we could afford a mix of league quality players and good conference players. For next season we've signed Young, who appears to at least be a good conference player and kept some good/very good others.

Every season we're in the Conference this formula will work to get us a chance. The number of fans attending proves this formula has enduring popularity and the accounts show a steady improvement in the books.

It isn't lack of money that prevents greater success. Its a tiny step to having a team that clicks and has a bit of luck with injuries.[/QUOTE]

Like it.

noisy1 9th June 2018 08.49:06

Year on year improvement is all you can ask for and hopefully that will get us to L2 sooner rather than later.

Woody 9th June 2018 09.03:55

If every season we're either trying to find a new manager or trying to find a new squad it does make things different with a slightly above mid table budget. I think we're just as likely to be fighting to stay out of a relegation battle as challenging for playoffs. Hopefully we SR is committed to the club for 3 seasons at least and we can start to improve on a the decent core squad we have

redhope 9th June 2018 09.09:47

Calling last season an Improvement, sorry a poor display every home game to get draw after draw is not an Improvement. It is boring and Groundhog Day football, If it takes that to get out of the league I do not want to watch it happen.

Corner Flag 9th June 2018 09.20:45

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2151591]Last season we were pretty close to success. Barring some glaring mistakes by Keates we could have reached the playoffs. Note that doesn't read ; 'barring a huge cash injection' we would have made the playoffs.

It isn't lack of money that prevents greater success. Its a tiny step to having a team that clicks and has a bit of luck with injuries.[/QUOTE]

It can't just be money can it ? We have got worse year on year and last season it was dreadful football from mostly dreadful players and management. This season we have a rookie manager who thinks the core players we had last season plus just a few new players will gain us success..I wonder what could go wrong ?

Lods 9th June 2018 09.31:18

[QUOTE=redhope;2151596]Calling last season an Improvement, sorry a poor display every home game to get draw after draw is not an Improvement. It is boring and Groundhog Day football, If it takes that to get out of the league I do not want to watch it happen.[/QUOTE]

Last season was an improvement. It was boring football but it's a results business. I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 5-4.

Also we went unbeaten at home in the league for eight months. Our only home loss at that time was in the cup where we played half a team of youngsters. I will concede that too many were draws, but it's still an achievement not to be sniffed at.

Also, it's a starting point if nothing else. I'd rather be in the position we are now than the position we were in 12 months ago.

davewilli 9th June 2018 09.35:05

[QUOTE=Woody;2151595]If every season we're either trying to find a new manager or trying to find a new squad it does make things different with a slightly above mid table budget. I think we're just as likely to be fighting to stay out of a relegation battle as challenging for playoffs. Hopefully we SR is committed to the club for 3 seasons at least and we can start to improve on a the decent core squad we have[/QUOTE]

Here, here. The club will thrive if it can find that stability.

krux 9th June 2018 09.47:21

Of course its lack of money. That's why we cant sign a decent centre forward.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.12:16.