Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th June 2018, 14.03:27   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

Nothing new in this but still to be applauded if members can afford it.
Over the years WST members have travelled to SD meetings and courses without claiming expenses.
Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2018, 14.13:18   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck's 'em View Post
Fantastic that it’s in Wales though, considering only one club of the 68 is Welsh!
But not in North Wales where the Welsh club is based
Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 23.09:39   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Mold Road
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

Did he have to buy a S*&^ purple jumper to attend, if so I am more than happy to donate this cost to build the budget.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 04.55:18   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

From the beginning, it was certain knowledge that an element of supporters would suggest that Trust officers were taking advantage of "the gravy train" if they received any payments, expenses, or benefits in kind for activities carried out as a part of their Trust duties.

As a result, it was decided that no such payments should be made.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 07.32:26   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
From the beginning, it was certain knowledge that an element of supporters would suggest that Trust officers were taking advantage of "the gravy train" if they received any payments, expenses, or benefits in kind for activities carried out as a part of their Trust duties.

As a result, it was decided that no such payments should be made.
While I applaud Spencer and others who pay out of their own pocket for these things, doesn’t this limit who we can get for the board, meaning people without the finances to pay for themselves won’t be able to stand?
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 08.03:24   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Patrick
Twitter: @podders1981





Default Re: National League AGM

What was actually discussed at the national league agm?
This is just a thread about expenses.
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 08.04:50   #27-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
From the beginning, it was certain knowledge that an element of supporters would suggest that Trust officers were taking advantage of "the gravy train" if they received any payments, expenses, or benefits in kind for activities carried out as a part of their Trust duties.

As a result, it was decided that no such payments should be made.
Do you know how many people represented the club at the meeting? Or was it just Spencer?
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 08.24:35   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: National League AGM

Spencer, Gavin Jones, Phil Salmon and Geraint Parry all attended.

I'm advised that all 3 WST Board members paid their own travel expenses, but that this was their own choice.

I'm assuming that Geraint as a club employee was paid his costs to attend. As he should be.

I'd like official clarity on the situation around this from WST as incurring costs like these would put people off standing for the board. Maybe a question for the AGM?
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 08.53:13   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: National League AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
Spencer, Gavin Jones, Phil Salmon and Geraint Parry all attended.

I'm advised that all 3 WST Board members paid their own travel expenses, but that this was their own choice.

I'm assuming that Geraint as a club employee was paid his costs to attend. As he should be.

I'd like official clarity on the situation around this from WST as incurring costs like these would put people off standing for the board. Maybe a question for the AGM?
Thanks..I might be wrong but I would assume the National league will pay towards costs for club representatives attending league business. I had a friend who attended WFA business and he was reinbursed when he attended meetings..
Only other point would be 4? Really..bit over kill wasn't it?
Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 09.00:05   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: National League AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
Thanks..I might be wrong but I would assume the National league will pay towards costs for club representatives attending league business. I had a friend who attended WFA business and he was reinbursed when he attended meetings..
Only other point would be 4? Really..bit over kill wasn't it?
Why overkill? Do we know how many reps other clubs sent?

If WST/Club board members want to attend at their own expense, why not?
Personally I think it creates a good impression to show up in good numbers.
I'm happy that club directors with differing responsibilities at our club were on hand to hear anything that may have an impact on their duties.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.54:38.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13