Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th June 2018, 09.52:42   #31-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: National League AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
Why overkill? Do we know how many reps other clubs sent?

If WST/Club board members want to attend at their own expense, why not?
Personally I think it creates a good impression to show up in good numbers.
I'm happy that club directors with differing responsibilities at our club were on hand to hear anything that may have an impact on their duties.
Have you seen the agenda?.. So difficult to judge whether it's overkill or not...but I suspect it was..I have attended many meetings in the Assembly either going by myself or with another colleague. We work in the public sector so sending more would be seen as overkill. I said previous the club will get expenses for attending
Old 11th June 2018, 10.36:04   #32-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Every club is required to send a minimum of 6 representatives to the AGM Awards , if they fail to do so then a fine is imposed on the Club which is significantly in excess of the cost of the ticket.
Old 11th June 2018, 10.46:30   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
Have you seen the agenda?.. So difficult to judge whether it's overkill or not...but I suspect it was..I have attended many meetings in the Assembly either going by myself or with another colleague. We work in the public sector so sending more would be seen as overkill. I said previous the club will get expenses for attending
It's also a gala and awards ceremony, not just an AGM. I would expect most teams to send a similar number of representatives.
Old 11th June 2018, 11.59:39   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Brief report is usually on the Conference web site.
Old 11th June 2018, 13.52:31   #35-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Taken from the website. National League Committee patting themselves on the back but nothing it seems around anything important such as

3 up 3 down or Financial Fair Play rules

At the Vanarama National League AGM & Gala Dinner, held at the Celtic Manor in Newport on Saturday, the League announced several items of interest.
There was the three-year extension to Vanarama’s title sponsorship of the competition and this was followed by the news that BT Sport would also be extending their broadcast agreement for a further three-years.
Viewing figures from live Vanarama National League matches on BT Sport are on the rise as well. There has been a 55% increase to average viewing figures compared to two seasons ago. This includes a record audience for the Vanarama National League Promotion Final between Boreham Wood and Tranmere Rovers – which was put at over 300,000 viewers.
The new deal allows for up to 32 live matches, including play-offs. The highlights show will continue to be aired and also likely to be available via Freesports, as well as YouTube. There was also mention of the possible opportunity for live international streaming, although further details will follow.
Information was also presented to the clubs on the participation of Boreham Wood and Sutton United in the IRN-BRU Cup during the 2018/19 season. They were nominated as the two teams that finished highest in the league but didn’t gain promotion. They will come in at the second-round stage, in September, and be guaranteed Scottish opponents for their first game.
Fixtures in The National League will be released on Wednesday, 4 July, with the season getting underway on Saturday, 4 August.
There will be four games over the Christmas period, Saturday 22 December, Wednesday 26 December, Saturday 29 December & Tuesday 1 January. While Easter fixtures will be on Friday 19 April and Monday 22 April, with the season ending on Saturday, 27 April.
The Play-Offs will continue in the present format with six clubs involved and the final being held at Wembley on the weekend of 11/12 May.
Clubs will also be allowed to use one arm of their playing shirts for additional kit advertising space, as per the Premier League, with the Vanarama NL decal continuing to be displayed on the right sleeve.
Live TV games will also feature LED pitchside adverting boards.
Gala Awards Evening
All six promoted clubs from the three divisions took to the stage to collect their trophies and share their experiences of a memorable season across the competition.
In the Manager of the Year category, the four league championship-winning managers, John Askey (Macclesfield Town), Bernard Morley and Anthony Johnson (Salford City) and Lee Bradbury (Havant & Waterlooville), claimed prizes for their achievements during the campaign.
Elsewhere, Sutton United’s Tony Henderson-Smith became the first winner of the Volunteer of the Year, an award created to help recognise those unsung heroes helping clubs within The National League.
Awards were also presented to Torquay United, Brackley Town and St. Albans City to mark their efforts towards fair play and respect within The National League.
Programme of the Year went to Gateshead, with Boston United and Wealdstone winning the North and South awards.
Finally, Eastbourne Borough won The National League Trust’s Best Community Project award.
Old 11th June 2018, 14.22:37   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @podders1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
Clubs will also be allowed to use one arm of their playing shirts for additional kit advertising space, as per the Premier League, with the Vanarama NL decal continuing to be displayed on the right sleeve.

I do hope we have a spirit of 58 bucket hat on the sleeves then
Old 11th June 2018, 14.32:22   #37-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: I stood at the Maesgwyn rd. end

For some years now we have advocated in the National Vanarama League, 3 teams down and 3 teams up to League 2. Where and when would this proposition be discussed, and why hasn't it been a priority for disscussion. I refer to WE as Wrexham AFC .
Old 11th June 2018, 14.41:49   #38-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by robiethered View Post
For some years now we have advocated in the National Vanarama League, 3 teams down and 3 teams up to League 2. Where and when would this proposition be discussed, and why hasn't it been a priority for disscussion. I refer to WE as Wrexham AFC .
I doubt there would be any need for discussion at the national league level and that the proposal would be accepted overwhelmingly. However, I can't see the football league clubs voting to change it to 3 clubs down any time soon
Old 12th June 2018, 07.33:05   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
Spencer Harris is at Celtic Manor Celtic Manor for the National League AGM an example of his sacrifice and commitment to the club.

He will be paying all his own costs including train and hotel in case anyone wonders that he's off on a jolly at the clubs expense.

Hope its the last National League AGM he ever has to go to though!

Are you his dad?
Old 12th June 2018, 07.38:27   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

I'm glad we're not in the IRN BRU cup. What a punishment for losing in the playoffs.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.46:01.