RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Should the Racecourse be home to the national Welsh Team (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112021-should-racecourse-home-national-welsh-team.html)

pawn star 12th June 2018 21.22:32

Should the Racecourse be home to the national Welsh Team

Wales V England decider to qualify for the world cup bring back our national team to Wrexham. The girls played well and beat Russia 3.0 tonight.

Superunknown 12th June 2018 21.23:26

Re: Should the Racecourse be home to the national Welsh Team

Misleading title but yeah I'm all for the womens match being played up here, we'd pack the Racecourse out.

pawn star 12th June 2018 21.30:43

A little bit misleading true, but an opportunity to utilise our ground and to promote women's football as well as keeping our status as an international football stadium.
Only two thousand turned up at Swansea, and a although a sell out crowd at Newport only one stand was open holding no more than three thousand, I am convinced we would sell a lot more and the money we could make on beer sales would be a good revenue.

pjwales 12th June 2018 22.05:32

It could be but it wont happen because were in Nth Wales

pawn star 12th June 2018 22.55:23

Why Not South Wales get all the best with our National men's team. This could prove to be a good PR with the Welsh Fa who themselves want to promote North Wales but unfortunately our ground is no longer fit for purpose and can only be used for a training session which accrued more spectators than anyone could of predicted the Venue currently V England is to be confirmed, this could be a win, win for everybody concerned with Welsh football and for ourselves.

pawn star 12th June 2018 23.15:07

Wales are on the verge of achieving something since 1958 and will keep us on the international map, women's football is growing rapidly and around 20 thousand fans turned up at Southampton to watch Wales play England which the Ladies ground out a draw. The Welsh team have not conceded a single goal throughout the campaign and have at least four world class players at women's level in world football.

JonWrexhamfc 12th June 2018 23.19:29

They'd be devastated in South Wales if all home games ended up where they belong in Wrexham.

TomWFC 13th June 2018 05.29:34

[QUOTE=pawn star;2152411]Wales are on the verge of achieving something since 1958 and will keep us on the international map, women's football is growing rapidly and around 20 thousand fans turned up at Southampton to watch Wales play England which the Ladies ground out a draw. The Welsh team have not conceded a single goal throughout the campaign and have at least four world class players at women's level in world football.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone’s disputing this at all, but unfortunately because of what you say above the Welsh FA will want the fixtures played down South.

They should consider Wrexham, but how often have we said that before and ultimately felt disappointed...

Paskin Supersub 13th June 2018 06.03:48

Girls and Ladies football has really taken off on North Wales. My daughter plays in the North Wales league. If the match was played at the home of Welsh football then I suspect a lot of girls football clubs would attend as a team to support the national side. On the flop side given our geographical location I would say there would be a lot of support and attendance from England. In all there would be a cracking atmosphere. But saying all this no doubt it will be played at Llanelli rugby ground.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.54:11.