Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th June 2018, 11.04:37   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default New Youth Team Coach Appointed

Email from the club:

Wrexham Football Club is delighted today to announce Dan Nolan as the new Wrexham AFC Head of Youth.

A UEFA ‘A’ Licence coach Dan has progressed through the coveted FAW coach education system and joined Wrexham AFC in September 2015 from Colwyn Bay where he was Assistant Manager helping them to achieve their highest ever league position, gaining most points, most goals and away wins in their history.
Dan has undertaken a number of roles in his time at Wrexham to date including several roles within our Youth Department and as first team coach in previous manager Dean Keates first season in charge. Last season Dan was the lead coach at the under 16 development phase of our player pathway and will move seamlessly into the new position.
Reacting to his appointment new Head of Youth Dan commented: “I am honoured to be given the opportunity as the new Head of Youth at Wrexham AFC. Having worked at the club for the last three seasons I have been fortunate to learn from many people within the Youth structure. The club has a rich history of developing talent in both players and coaches in conjunction with its core values and I will work tirelessly to create an environment where this can continue to happen.”

Wrexham AFC Director Spencer Harris commented: "We are delighted to appoint Dan into the full time role of Head of Youth. This is a hugely important role for the football club and we believe Dan has the knowledge, drive and determination to help us build for the future.”
Old 14th June 2018, 11.31:25   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @??????

Default Re: New Youth Team Coach Appointed

Does this now free up Stephen Wright to become Assistant Manager?
Old 14th June 2018, 11.32:47   #3-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
Stephen Wright wasn't the Head of Youth, he was the Youth Team manager. Two completely different roles.
Old 14th June 2018, 11.33:45   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
The first thing I thought.

Good luck Dan. Hopefully, unlike whoever will run the show for the girls teams, you'll actually have some games to work towards.
Old 14th June 2018, 11.34:35   #5-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
Stephen Wright wasn't the Head of Youth, he was the Youth Team manager. Two completely different roles.
They are now the same role.
Old 14th June 2018, 11.36:50   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex07 View Post
They are now the same role.
So if Dan is managing all the coaches along an managing our Youth team then that does indeed free up Steven Wright. Didn't realise they were combining the jobs.

Last edited by Omni; 14th June 2018 at 11.41:05..
Old 14th June 2018, 11.48:39   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
So if Dan is managing all the coaches along an managing our Youth team then that does indeed free up Steven Wright. Didn't realise they were combining the jobs.
Yes he looks great for the job so you wonder what Steven Wright was doing as well ?
I like Steven but hope he doesn't get the assistant manager job as we need a really good tough experienced person to assist Sam who lets be honest has no track record of running a club or team . Hope this isn't going to be a lets choose the cheapest option situation aided by the exec board to cut more costs ( for the life of me I cant see where the money goes ) as I can still see disaster written all over this !
Old 14th June 2018, 11.54:19   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Or makes his job redundant I suppose ?? Depends how you look at it! In fact this job is now youth team manager, head of youth, and youth admin as the previous person doing this role has also left the club I believe.
Old 14th June 2018, 11.59:11   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

when are they appointing a scout or have they got one,all these youth coaches but there seems there is no scouting of young talent in lower leagues

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.52:34.