RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New Youth Team Coach Appointed (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112027-new-youth-team-coach-appointed.html)

ColwynBayGaz 14th June 2018 11.04:37

New Youth Team Coach Appointed

Email from the club:

Wrexham Football Club is delighted today to announce Dan Nolan as the new Wrexham AFC Head of Youth.

A UEFA ‘A’ Licence coach Dan has progressed through the coveted FAW coach education system and joined Wrexham AFC in September 2015 from Colwyn Bay where he was Assistant Manager helping them to achieve their highest ever league position, gaining most points, most goals and away wins in their history.
Dan has undertaken a number of roles in his time at Wrexham to date including several roles within our Youth Department and as first team coach in previous manager Dean Keates first season in charge. Last season Dan was the lead coach at the under 16 development phase of our player pathway and will move seamlessly into the new position.
Reacting to his appointment new Head of Youth Dan commented: “I am honoured to be given the opportunity as the new Head of Youth at Wrexham AFC. Having worked at the club for the last three seasons I have been fortunate to learn from many people within the Youth structure. The club has a rich history of developing talent in both players and coaches in conjunction with its core values and I will work tirelessly to create an environment where this can continue to happen.”

Wrexham AFC Director Spencer Harris commented: "We are delighted to appoint Dan into the full time role of Head of Youth. This is a hugely important role for the football club and we believe Dan has the knowledge, drive and determination to help us build for the future.”

Number6 14th June 2018 11.31:25

Re: New Youth Team Coach Appointed

Does this now free up Stephen Wright to become Assistant Manager?

Omni 14th June 2018 11.32:47

[QUOTE=Number6;2152743]Does this now free up Stephen Wright to become Assistant Manager?[/QUOTE]

Stephen Wright wasn't the Head of Youth, he was the Youth Team manager. Two completely different roles.

Junior Shabadoo 14th June 2018 11.33:45

[QUOTE=Number6;2152743]Does this now free up Stephen Wright to become Assistant Manager?[/QUOTE]

The first thing I thought.

Good luck Dan. Hopefully, unlike whoever will run the show for the girls teams, you'll actually have some games to work towards.

Wrex07 14th June 2018 11.34:35

[QUOTE=Omni;2152745]Stephen Wright wasn't the Head of Youth, he was the Youth Team manager. Two completely different roles.[/QUOTE]

They are now the same role.

Omni 14th June 2018 11.36:50

[QUOTE=Wrex07;2152747]They are now the same role.[/QUOTE]

So if Dan is managing all the coaches along an managing our Youth team then that does indeed free up Steven Wright. Didn't realise they were combining the jobs.

Corner Flag 14th June 2018 11.48:39

[QUOTE=Omni;2152748]So if Dan is managing all the coaches along an managing our Youth team then that does indeed free up Steven Wright. Didn't realise they were combining the jobs.[/QUOTE]

Yes he looks great for the job so you wonder what Steven Wright was doing as well ?
I like Steven but hope he doesn't get the assistant manager job as we need a really good tough experienced person to assist Sam who lets be honest has no track record of running a club or team . Hope this isn't going to be a lets choose the cheapest option situation aided by the exec board to cut more costs ( for the life of me I cant see where the money goes ) as I can still see disaster written all over this !

Wrex07 14th June 2018 11.54:19

[QUOTE=Omni;2152748]So if Dan is managing all the coaches along an managing our Youth team then that does indeed free up Steven Wright. Didn't realise they were combining the jobs.[/QUOTE]

Or makes his job redundant I suppose ?? Depends how you look at it! In fact this job is now youth team manager, head of youth, and youth admin as the previous person doing this role has also left the club I believe.

sear 14th June 2018 11.59:11

when are they appointing a scout or have they got one,all these youth coaches but there seems there is no scouting of young talent in lower leagues

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.36:48.