RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Can Any Help With A Question Re WXM v Anderlecht (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112028-can-any-help-question-re-wxm-v-anderlecht.html)

Always The Kop 14th June 2018 11.21:54

Can Any Help With A Question Re WXM v Anderlecht

The home game against Anderlecht, who had the number 12 shirt ? also did they make it on to the pitch, during the home leg?

Thanks

wafc1926 14th June 2018 11.29:26

Re: Can Any Help With A Question Re WXM v Anderlecht

[QUOTE=Always The Kop;2152738]The home game against Anderlecht, who had the number 12 shirt ? also did they make it on to the pitch, during the home leg?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
No sub used in that match.Don't know who was on the bench.

rednicjim 14th June 2018 12.06:21

Mickey Thomas

Red Light 14th June 2018 12.24:19

Well spotted !

Quick bit of research on this European Cup Winners Cup second leg fixture played on Wednesday 17 March 1976.

Struggled to find the Wrexham team sheet but can confirm the following line up.

Brian Lloyd

Unconfirmed

Unconfirmed

Gareth Davies

Eddie May

Graham Whittle

Brian Tinnion

Mel Sutton

Stuart Lee (goalscorer on the night)

Billy Ashcroft

Arfon Griffiths

I suspect the full back positions were filled by Mickey Evans and one from either Alan Dwyer, David Fogg or Alan Hill.

That left out John Lyons and as mentioned above Mickey ‘Noddy’ Thomas and as also pointed out earlier in the thread there is no mention or sight of Thomas in the highlights so all points to a sub not getting onto the pitch.

Always The Kop 14th June 2018 12.31:51

The shirt is on display in UnDegUn in town ( Until saturday ) as part of the football shirt exhibition, a fan apparently has loaned it.

If that's Mickey T that has got to be worth a few bob I suspect.

podders 14th June 2018 12.39:36

Very very rare

The shirt was a one off for the Anderlecht games wasn't it? Means there would only be 11 outfield player tops in existence (if only one sub was on the bench).

Red Light 14th June 2018 12.41:05

Makes you wonder what happened to the other shirts worn that night especially the goal scorer Stuart Lee. Are they out there somewhere ?

Attendance at the match that night, a healthy 19,648 - in the days when we were truly great.

billybersham 14th June 2018 12.54:20

[QUOTE=Red Light;2152768]Well spotted !

Quick bit of research on this European Cup Winners Cup second leg fixture played on Wednesday 17 March 1976.

Struggled to find the Wrexham team sheet but can confirm the following line up.

Brian Lloyd

Unconfirmed

Unconfirmed

Gareth Davies

Eddie May

Graham Whittle

Brian Tinnion

Mel Sutton

Stuart Lee (goalscorer on the night)

Billy Ashcroft

Arfon Griffiths

I suspect the full back positions were filled by Mickey Evans and one from either Alan Dwyer, David Fogg or Alan Hill.

That left out John Lyons and as mentioned above Mickey ‘Noddy’ Thomas and as also pointed out earlier in the thread there is no mention or sight of Thomas in the highlights so all points to a sub not getting onto the pitch.[/QUOTE]

The two defenders were Evans and Fogg

Always The Kop 14th June 2018 12.58:07

I watched highlights on YouTube this morning. The shirt exhibition is only on until Saturday, if you have not been, it's well worth a visit. Next to Waterstones, opposite the old Wollworths ( I think it was JJB back in the day, up the stairs )

Gareth Owen has loaned a Gold Shirt from the United Cup game, signed, noticed a few names of fans I know on tags who have loaned shirts, there are also a lot of international ones, a S Korea team's being a personal favourite. Also some football art from various artists, some of which are for sale.

We need more of this kind of thing in Wrexham, well done to Liam who has put it all together, was interesting meeting and talking to him this morning.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.11:20.