Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd June 2018, 20.20:30   #37-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Former Players Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
So back to the original question around the Southend Connection

Eddie May
Steve Ingle
Terry Bradbury
Tony Beanland
Ray Smith

Alvin Williams
My dad - John Neal

I think I got everyone
Your Dad was the inspiration for all the great times that followed. The Southend group were all good players. Eddie May and Ray Smith were exceptional.
Old 23rd June 2018, 20.28:07   #38-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

The Yale Stand was opened in 1972. I think the first home game was Walsall (ironic). I was there.
Old 23rd June 2018, 20.29:58   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
I have certainly perplexed myself.
The Lincoln City home match which was the first game I saw was on 02 March 1970 with an attendance of 7,377.
Yet I am convinced I watched it from the Yale Stand but that didn't open until 72. After gaining promotion we were in different leagues than Lincoln thereafter so it's not as if we played out two 0 - 0 home draws against them around that time - wont sleep tonight
Must have been the spatial distortion of a time warp, Red Light; I think it happens to all of us old codgers

Last edited by eastsussexred; 23rd June 2018 at 20.36:46..
Old 23rd June 2018, 22.56:19   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsussexred View Post
Must have been the spatial distortion of a time warp, Red Light; I think it happens to all of us old codgers
I am going to relocate myself in the timewarp machine to the Mold Road Paddock infront of the Turf.

The more I think about it I must have been there - remember the atmosphere and singing on the kop and badgered my father with a request to move behind the goal - but he was a bit of an anorak and wouldn't budge - but as I got older and started going with other teenagers / myself I did relocate and spent many years on the kop until it closed.

I think from 72 when the new Yale Stand was built I sampled a few matches from there - probably due to the novelty aspect and the stand being new - certainly remember being in it one game for the visit of Villa and the famous striker of the time, one Andy Lockhead - they had massive away support.
Old 24th June 2018, 14.41:57   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: family stand/bob the builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
So back to the original question around the Southend Connection

Eddie May
Steve Ingle
Terry Bradbury
Tony Beanland
Ray Smith

Alvin Williams
My dad - John Neal

I think I got everyone
Hi David, hope you and the family are well!
I also have a great affection for Sarfend, my Dad and his family were born and bred there, he moved to "Gods Country" after the war. One of my uncles played for United, think he's in his eighties now, my brothers and I try visiting and combine a WAFC away game darn sarf each season!
Old 24th June 2018, 15.13:42   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Was kop

Tony Beanland was a midfield player.
WFCforever - great to have football connections- we spent 5 years in the Southend area with the last 9 months my father worked at Fords Dagenham before been offered to go to Wrexham with Alvin WILLIAMS.

Had some good times in the SouthEast but nowhere as good as the times we had when we were in Wrexham
Old 26th June 2018, 20.23:44   #43-0 (permalink)
User

Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course

if ever there was an example for the saying those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones , this is it
Old 26th June 2018, 20.43:34   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
if ever there was an example for the saying those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones , this is it
?
Old 27th June 2018, 11.33:33   #45-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: gus/ers/mfi/b&q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswestrian View Post
On the subject, great photo here of Southend United team 1966-7, which contains three future reds (and also Eddie Firmani, who went on to manage the New York Cosmos team of Pele, Beckenbauer and Carlos Alberto- second left, back row).

Southend - 1966/67 - Football - 1966 / 1967 Fourth Division - Southport 1 Southend - Photo Prints - 8499891 - Colorsport
sorry for late response on this.....but that don't half look like Andy Morrell front 2nd from right.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.26:42.