Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th June 2018, 13.09:49   #154-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by René Higuita View Post
oh brilliant the macclesfield argument again! Sample size of 1! Something that rarely happens in football. Let's keep defending our inactivity with it though... entirely illogical

Not what I'm saying yes we would all love the squad completed early but football don't work like that.

As for inactivity are you saying the manager is not doing his job but lazing around somewhere? Perhaps sat in the pub garden with the unemployed.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 29th June 2018 at 13.13:01..
Old 29th June 2018, 13.14:23   #155-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Playing Devil’s Advocate - to a degree - there is an alternative explanation, which may or may not be true:

1. Tharme may yet sign.
2. SR has already agreed 2 loanees but can’t sign them until their parent clubs are happy ie within the next 2 weeks.
3. Some good players do commit early to new contracts with new clubs eg Luke Young.
4. Most good players - who are in demand - don’t commit straight away; they prevaricate for a better contract. But as the new season approaches, and with no salary going into the bank, they reduce their expectations and sign.
5. Journeymen sign a contract when offered - yes, we still have more of these than I would like - but fewer than under Mills Bomb or Keates of Walsall.
6. SR will make mistakes, but that’s how you learn. Experienced Conference managers make lots of mistakes, hence why few go on to better things in the FL and succeed.
7. We are still 5 weeks away from the first game; plenty of time to complete the squad and be ready for competitive football.
8. If the new ‘frothers and shakers’ are correct, then the whole WST edifice will collapse, with dire consequences for all.
9. However, should SR come good and we make the POs and win promotion, the good folk of Wrexham will gorge themselves on Kellogg’s Cornflakes and Rice Crispies, and declare Spencer’s birthday to be an official holy-day in WREXHAM.

And there we have it. My BP remains a healthy 110/75, and not a cloud yet in sight!

Good post PD that just about hits the nail on the head.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 29th June 2018, 13.19:57   #156-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Sam Says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
In my opinion the Racecourse is a millstone around the clubs neck.

Back under Pryce, we paid a peppercorn rent for it. Then it was nicked by Hamilton but we got it back. Then of course Moss took it and lined his pockets. Because of these actions, we are hit with a huge cost ever year. A 'Moss tax' if you like. Sticks in the gut. The actions of the scum are hitting us every year.

My dream if I won the Euromillions would offer to buy the bit of land off the bypass opposite Lex, build a nice stadium (not a Chester style one!), have loads of car parking, have a few office units etc on a small industrial estate which would pay rent to club. Would set us up nicely, but understand this would not be popular with a lot of the fanbase as we love the Racecourse so much.
Have a word with Nev dickens I am sure he will make a donation as he made a lot of money out of Wrexham football club,also he can help with planning permission to!
Old 29th June 2018, 13.22:38   #157-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuteorob View Post
I wonder if the elephant in the room is the ground. Retain the ground but have the costs of upkeep which are bound to be a drain of resources or move to a new smaller ground with more money to go into the playing budget.

We are very attached to the Racecourse and our history is both our strength and perhaps our weakness.

If it came to a choice I would rather have league football and let the ground go if it is too big a drain. A new small ground with outisde investment circa 6000-8000 capacity and with a bit of character. I know dream on..
Bingo!

The Racecourse will always bring back happy childhood memories but, like you, I also think it is a drain on our resources and drag on our progress. However... How could we raise the necessary £10 million to build a Deva MkII?

I am sure this is what the Board spends a lot of time worrying over. And with most revenue from player sales now in, how will we balance the books if we stay outside the FL and don’t have a decent FA Cup run?

Something to be far more worried about than us not yet having a full squad, IMHO!

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 29th June 2018 at 13.23:42..
Old 29th June 2018, 13.28:39   #158-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Bingo!

The Racecourse will always bring back happy childhood memories but, like you, I also think it is a drain on our resources and drag on our progress. However... How could we raise the necessary £10 million to build a Deva MkII?

I am sure this is what the Board spends a lot of time worrying over. And with most revenue from player sales now in, how will we balance the books if we stay outside the FL and don’t have a decent FA Cup run?

Something to be far more worried about than us not yet having a full squad, IMHO!
Well by putting a full strength side out in the cup competitions might help. Some might not agree with that but if we are going to be struggling for money then its a necessary evil.
Old 29th June 2018, 13.34:03   #159-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Not what I'm saying yes we would all love the squad completed early but football don't work like that.

As for inactivity are you saying the manager is not doing his job but lazing around somewhere? Perhaps sat in the pub garden with the unemployed.
Posted via mobile theme
His job is to bring the right players in. If he works 25 hours a day and doesn't do that, then that is not acceptable. Its not about how hard he works but results.
Old 29th June 2018, 13.53:57   #160-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
His job is to bring the right players in. If he works 25 hours a day and doesn't do that, then that is not acceptable. Its not about how hard he works but results.
Correct but you are prejudging him before a ball is kicked in anger.
Old 29th June 2018, 14.13:21   #161-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
I'm not judging him yet!
Old 29th June 2018, 14.14:31   #162-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:

That's my point PD hell I was against him getting the job based on nothing other than coaching 16yr old kids other than that an ex welsh international, but the power's that be have appointed him so as so called supporters it's our job to do that support him their is no way we can influence how he does his job, he in being slagged off before he has finished building his squad I just find it a bit OTT
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.39:23.