Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2018, 15.09:22   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Sam Says!

Wrexham manager Sam Ricketts says he is confident of making further additions to his squad "fairly shortly".
Former Wales and Bolton Wanderers defender Ricketts was appointed manager of the National League club at the beginning of May.
So far ex-Torquay United midfielder Luke Young has been Wrexham's only new recruit of the close season.
"Trust me, the signings will come and they will be good players," Ricketts told BBC Wales Sport.
"I'd like to get some in soon but like anything it is when the time is right.
"I've got a list of targets and it's all in hand. It's just as and when the right players become available and we'll be ready to snap them up.
"Hopefully there'll be one or two coming in fairly shortly."

Former Plymouth Argyle midfielder Luke Young joined Wrexham from Torquay United
Ricketts is also looking to appoint an assistant manager after Andy Davies left the club in May to link up with former Dragons boss Dean Keates at Walsall.
But Rickets is prepared to bide his time before making the right appointment.
"I'm looking well down the line with it. I've got a couple of options," added the ex-Wolverhampton Wanderers, Hull City and Swansea City player.
"I'd rather take a bit longer and get the right person.
"It's all about the right people, the right character and what they are going to bring to the group and what they are going to bring to the football club to make Wrexham successful."
Wrexham returned to pre-season training on Monday and their preparations for the new season will include a training camp in Portugal in July.
"It's great to get all the players out working and start implementing a few basic ideas of how I want to play this year," Ricketts said.
"It's a gradual build-up in terms of fitness, the tactical element of the game, the mentality of the players as well.
"We're not trying to hit the players full whack on the first day - it's a gradual build up. The season's a marathon, not a sprint."
Old 25th June 2018, 15.16:07   #2-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Default Re: Sam Says!

The proof will be in the pudding, not the recipe.
Old 25th June 2018, 15.17:50   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

all very vague
Old 25th June 2018, 15.20:11   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

We've gone from any moment to fairly shortly to some in soon.
Old 25th June 2018, 15.21:03   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Nostalgically The KOP

That sounds like either we have got deals agreed or Sam's inexperience leads him to believe that we can just go out and sign players.

"I've got a list of targets and it's all in hand. It's just as and when the right players become available and we'll be ready to snap them up.

We need to see some evidence to back up this confidence. I seriously hope the signings happen soon and are of a quality that justifies the wait.
Old 25th June 2018, 15.27:35   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I’m sure I’ve heard that speech before.

If it wasn’t for the fact that he referred to the training today I would have thought it was from an interview a couple if weeks ago.
Old 25th June 2018, 15.30:16   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

We'll soon find out where we're heading.
Old 25th June 2018, 15.30:48   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Sam says:

"I have temporarily suspended all training and my search for new signings. All my attention will now be devoted to new, witty one-liners to be printed in The Leader and oft repeated on RP. Fans deserve gossip; to hell with football!"
Old 25th June 2018, 15.34:04   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
Ricketts is also looking to appoint an assistant manager after Andy Davies left the club in May to link up with former Dragons boss Dean Keates at Walsall.
But Rickets is prepared to bide his time before making the right appointment.
"I'm looking well down the line with it. I've got a couple of options," added the ex-Wolverhampton Wanderers, Hull City and Swansea City player.
"I'd rather take a bit longer and get the right person.
Thought SR said very recently that the assistant role was pretty much decided and he was waiting for him to come back from holiday?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.08:28.