RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112088-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2018-part-ii.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 28th June 2018 17.59:18

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018

[QUOTE=fugazi3973;2157406]And this was the basis of my disagreement. (can we say disagreement rather than argument, argument, in it's purest sense i.e. as part of a debate isn't bad, but I think this has become bad tempered.)
Chester hasn't, in my opinion, got a good youth system as the only way to get those players out there is to throw them in at the deep end (for whatever reason). Sure, it has helped to get larger fees (marginally, we're still not talking big bucks here, apart from the lad at Leicester), but at the cost of the club being relegated. They don't have a reserve team either and sorry but youth football is no reflection on the harsh reality of Conference League footy. The proof of the pudding will be next season when we see how many play regularly, and how successful they are.[/QUOTE]

I could also throw back at you that they'd have eventually broken into the first team, neither of us know for sure. :) For some of us this is the bit we enjoy the most about football, seeing if the new and upcoming player reaches their potential or doesn't, sadly it didn't happen with Robbie Evans.

Well they've got an area to improve upon like us, a clearly defined pathway, it'll be interesting to see how they go about it and whether they can sustain the success so far.

I suppose what angers me the most is those at Chester can see the importance of developing players and have done everything possible to ensure it, yet those at the top for us come out with the importance of getting back into the league as well get funding and building from their, every single time regardless of what others are doing.

The question is, how long do we keep throwing money at the first team with no success before trying something else or tweaking things?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 28th June 2018 18.02:26

[QUOTE=fugazi3973;2157407]There is one thing there though, I would rather have had one of our lads on the bench rather than a youth player on loan (i.e. Massanka.)[/QUOTE]

Like you I don't get it, surly saving us a few quid too while seeing if a player can make the step up or not.

fugazi3973 28th June 2018 18.06:22

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2157412][B]I could also throw back at you that they'd have eventually broken into the first team, neither of us know for sure. :) [/B]For some of us this is the bit we enjoy the most about football, seeing if the new and upcoming player reaches their potential or doesn't, sadly it didn't happen with Robbie Evans.

Well they've got an area to improve upon like us, a clearly defined pathway, it'll be interesting to see how they go about it and whether they can sustain the success so far.

I suppose what angers me the most is those at Chester can see the importance of developing players and have done everything possible to ensure it, yet those at the top for us come out with the importance of getting back into the league as well get funding and building from their, every single time regardless of what others are doing.

The question is, how long do we keep throwing money at the first team with no success before trying something else or tweaking things?[/QUOTE]

Fair enough :D

marathonplny 28th June 2018 18.12:22

A good read, but any transfer rumours , even 1 would be good

Lods 28th June 2018 18.40:05

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2157419]A good read, but any transfer rumours , even 1 would be good[/QUOTE]

Wrexham are in line for a trade deal with Real Madrid to swap Paul Rutherford and Mark Carrington for Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.

(You didn't say they had to be true.)

Teifi Red 28th June 2018 18.51:32

[QUOTE=Lods;2157426]Wrexham are in line for a trade deal with Real Madrid to swap Paul Rutherford and Mark Carrington for Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.

(You didn't say they had to be true.)[/QUOTE]

Even if true, some would be unhappy with those "journeymen" being given contracts :coolgleamA:

Birdy 28th June 2018 19.04:50

Anything?

ruthinred 28th June 2018 19.26:09

Jussi jaskelleinan working as GK coach

There you go

jacthelad 28th June 2018 20.07:03

[QUOTE=Lods;2157426]Wrexham are in line for a trade deal with Real Madrid to swap Paul Rutherford and Mark Carrington for Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.

(You didn't say they had to be true.)[/QUOTE]

Cant say id be happy with that. I mean yes bale is good but does he work hard enough
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.41:46.