RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112088-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2018-part-ii.html)

NedStarksGhost 21st July 2018 18.46:18

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)

[QUOTE=Willywill;2164929]Calling for Sams head after today’s defeat is like turning up at “Out of Hours” when you’ve cut yourself shaving. A right bunch of pessimistic miseries. Sure, it don’t look promising at present, but surely it can get better? Following a lower league club has its tensions and disappointments - anyone who doesn’t like it should buy a nylon Liverpool shirt and elope. Same old posters, going on and on. Hoping they can drag the average fan down with them.[/QUOTE]

I'd argue it's probably going to get worse as we face tougher opposition. Friendly or not, we shouldn't be outclassed by Telford (who would also have treated this is a friendly and not a competitive fixture).

I'd hardly call people pessimistic miseries because they aren't happy with the result today. Agree calling for Sam's head now is a bit premature.

corwenred 21st July 2018 19.03:28

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2164936]There was that spell under Mills, but apart from that, I think you're probably right.[/QUOTE]

I still can't wrap my head around how you can go from 4 months of the best football I've seen since we've been down here, to a completely disjointed and work shy squad followed by releasing 90% of that squad and signing relegation fodder with a sprinkling of kids.

TaidTom 21st July 2018 19.04:27

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)

[QUOTE=shimosays;2164942]So because we support a non league club we just have to shut up and accept whatever we get?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Nobody's accepting it, are they? We're all totally and utterly fed up of being in this league.

Corner Flag 21st July 2018 19.28:58

[QUOTE=corwenred;2164962]I still can't wrap my head around how you can go from 4 months of the best football I've seen since we've been down here, to a completely disjointed and work shy squad followed by releasing 90% of that squad and signing relegation fodder with a sprinkling of kids.[/QUOTE]

Try ..recruiting a rookie manager by a board with no idea about selection process and easily conned

pagl 21st July 2018 19.30:51

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2164985]Try ..recruiting a rookie manager by a board with no idea about selection process and easily conned[/QUOTE]

Try.. not holding the manager accountable earlier in the process.

corwenred 21st July 2018 19.41:53

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2164985]Try ..recruiting a rookie manager by a board with no idea about selection process and easily conned[/QUOTE]

That was a post about Mills' spiral into complete lunacy

welshian 21st July 2018 19.58:21

Mills was poor but since his departure things have not improved a whole lot. Certainly no lesson have been learnt and the squad has got decidedly worse. The level of football has been nothing short of scandalous.

welshian 21st July 2018 20.06:48

When you consider that a decent spine was already in place at the end of the season, to find ourselves in this position just before the start of the season is quite unbelievable. What has the club been doing for the last few months?

RHYLRED 21st July 2018 20.27:10

[QUOTE=standman;2164866]Jesus, I’v raised two kids since we have been down here and they want league football more than fans who have been around along time.[/QUOTE]

I've hardly been spoilt in 40 odd years, 2 years in old league 2, a few in league one and two and a quarter of it non league, if I wanted to be a glory hunter I'd aim N. West.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.38:50.