Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th July 2018, 14.15:28   #919-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)

[QUOTE=Hawarden Red10;2161968]Not at all, we can just see that continual, sustainable development off the pitch will mean an improvement on the pitch, it was always going to be a slow process given what we started with. I have patience and enjoy and believe in the fans model, you don't, it's simple. Doesn't mean we don't want promotion as you like to believe.[/QUOTE.

You say you have patience and enjoy,did you enjoy what was on offer on the pitch last season,and being honest can you see this squad being in the top 7?

Last edited by billybersham; 12th July 2018 at 14.17:45..
Old 12th July 2018, 14.17:39   #920-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

[QUOTE=billybersham;2161974]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawarden Red10 View Post
Not at all, we can just see that continual, sustainable development off the pitch will mean an improvement on the pitch, it was always going to be a slow process given what we started with. I have patience and enjoy and believe in the fans model, you don't, it's simple. Doesn't mean we don't want promotion as you like to believe.[/QUOTE.

You say you have patience and enjoy,did you enjoy what was on offer on the pitch last season,and being honest can you see this squad being in the top 12?
I can see this squad, with a couple of additions, being in the top 12 easily.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th July 2018, 14.21:25   #921-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
To many are happy just to have a club and to balance the books,do you think this squad is good enough for the top 7 Cenotaff?
Who knows if they are good enough?

Football is a funny old game and anything can happen over 46 games.
Old 12th July 2018, 14.27:21   #922-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Balancing the books is the most important aspect of fan ownership and it has to be, and it will rightly be the priority of the board. The problem at the moment for me is, if this years squad turn out to be bang average, like nearly every other year, it's clear the budget isn't big enough to compete to get out of this league. So, we must ask the questions : Where do we go from here? Do we put the club up for sale? We can't go round in circles can we?
priorities of board:
1. Balance books
2. Hope we do a Macc

I have a great deal of respect for the board in doing this difficult job, but fans ownership is not going to give us enough £ to put quality in the first team (particularly up front), to challenge for the title consistently.
Old 12th July 2018, 14.54:01   #923-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

The alleged quality of players brought in at this level is not the major factor in success.

The man management of those players is critical.

You can sign all the most talented players but fail because you aren't getting the best from those players for whatever reason (Poor tactics, poor team ethic, not getting to grips with disciplinary issues effectively, not managing egos etc...etc....)

Conversely you can put together a team of players who may not be technically the best but they have a plan, stick to it, enjoy the environment and are rewarded for their efforts

With this in mind I'm happy to chill and wait to see how Ricketts manages the players he brings in alongside the ones who were kept on.
Old 12th July 2018, 14.54:29   #924-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
priorities of board:
1. Balance books
2. Hope we do a Macc

I have a great deal of respect for the board in doing this difficult job, but fans ownership is not going to give us enough £ to put quality in the first team (particularly up front), to challenge for the title consistently.
I have a funny feeling we'll do well this year, if he adds the right quality with the next couple of signings.
Old 12th July 2018, 15.05:18   #925-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I am fully expecting the next signing or two to be of a decent quality, possibly even include the experienced striker we have been crying out for.

Its getting to the crunch time now for a lot of players who might have been weighing their options until the last minute.
Old 12th July 2018, 15.29:16   #926-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
The alleged quality of players brought in at this level is not the major factor in success.

The man management of those players is critical.

You can sign all the most talented players but fail because you aren't getting the best from those players for whatever reason (Poor tactics, poor team ethic, not getting to grips with disciplinary issues effectively, not managing egos etc...etc....)

Conversely you can put together a team of players who may not be technically the best but they have a plan, stick to it, enjoy the environment and are rewarded for their efforts

With this in mind I'm happy to chill and wait to see how Ricketts manages the players he brings in alongside the ones who were kept on.
Perhaps the Sports Psychologist will help with this?
Old 12th July 2018, 16.42:57   #927-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2161975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post

I can see this squad, with a couple of additions, being in the top 12 easily.
Posted via mobile theme
You a betting man? Top 12 not much scope for error with that prediction. So you are saying it may be worse or it may be better.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.21:04.