RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112088-transfer-rumours-speculation-associated-discussion-summer-2018-part-ii.html)

smotyns 28th June 2018 10.33:17

Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2018 (PART II)
 
[QUOTE=andyjack;2157138]What happened to fondop-talom signing?[/QUOTE]

Turned us down as we didn't match his ambition :jester:

dixienormous 28th June 2018 10.38:01

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
We're a joke and we've been a joke for years on the pitch. I'm done with the current model. I'm pro WST and I think it could do well in the football league but it's clear it's taken us as far as it can go now, and we've become a circus act on the pitch. I'm fed up of inviting friends to come watch us only for them to ask me how I can do it every week.

Come on lets publicly announce the club is for sale.

Ooh aah Paskin 28th June 2018 10.51:18

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
Normally I try to be level headed and not worry too much about things.

But that latest statement about "maybe" signing someone rung alarm bells in my head.
Earlier this week he was positive he had done deals.

It is rapidly becoming to look from the outside in as a shambolic state of affairs. No Assistant yet has supposedly been sorted for a while. No players coming in of any quality, let alone the high quality Ricketts has spouted.

Discontent rising rapidly throughout the fanbase, Players wanting to leave (fair enough if its to a club higher up) but should we be fighting to keep these players? After all, when the retained list went out Ricketts obviously wanted them.

No backroom staff of note.

Communication from the club is contradictory, even in messages released on the same day.

If we don't start seeing QUALITY signings next week, I for one will be wondering is it worth turning up to watch next season when money could be spent elsewhere.

I know we should wait and judge him after several games, but he is not doing his status any good with this showing.

fugazi3973 28th June 2018 10.57:05

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2157059]The bitterness is getting boring now, you were set straight over on Deva chat on players not playing on merit and have decided to lift a couple of comments to make a sweeping statement to suit no doubt.

They've also received some cash too, straight from the managers mouth, so haven't done too badly at all.[/QUOTE]

That was all the comments. Giggity, stop with the ad hominem attacks, they're getting boring. There is no bitterness. I wasn't 'set straight', even their fans are saying he would probably not have played this season.

fugazi3973 28th June 2018 11.03:08

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
[QUOTE=Jaded;2157064]Are you suggesting that all forum posters are now experts in recognising talent? Because if so, we’re probably screwed for the upcoming season given how many RP members are critical of players like Dibble![/QUOTE]

Well seeing as the people on here saying he's brilliant aren't Chester fans, and will have seen him maybe once, are basing how good he was on comments of Chester fans, then surely the same applies? Couldn't that poster be the same and say he's good when in fact he wasn't.

We're all blinded by the draw of a home-grown player. It took me a long time to say that Robbie Evans was, in fact, really not very good at all.

Jaded 28th June 2018 11.08:18

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
[QUOTE=fugazi3973;2157206]Well seeing as the people on here saying he's brilliant aren't Chester fans, and will have seen him maybe once, are basing how good he was on comments of Chester fans, then surely the same applies? Couldn't that poster be the same and say he's good when in fact he wasn't.

We're all blinded by the draw of a home-grown player. It took me a long time to say that Robbie Evans was, in fact, really not very good at all.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the professionals at the club signing him have some idea of his potential? I would generally trust the judgment of people working in football over that of random internet posters 99% of the time. (Gary Mills, etc, accounting for the other 1%!)

WREX01 28th June 2018 11.10:05

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
This has been an awful start by Sam.

No assistant
No goalkeeper coach
12 players (excluding Tharme)

Most depressing summer we’ve had in a long long time. I think somebody needs to remind Sam that pre season is for team bonding and the new players getting used to the team.

Farce !
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 28th June 2018 11.12:15

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
Any other owner and we'd be knocking doors down.

WREX01 28th June 2018 11.17:12

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
It’s not the owners that I’m worried about , it’s whether or not Ricketts is completely out of his depth. He knew what level we were at and our budget , I hope he hadn’t been too ambitious targeting players completely out of our reaches.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

fugazi3973 28th June 2018 11.28:11

Re: Transfer rumours, speculation and associated discussion - summer 2018
 
[QUOTE=Jaded;2157207]Or maybe the professionals at the club signing him have some idea of his potential? I would generally trust the judgment of people working in football over that of random internet posters 99% of the time. (Gary Mills, etc, accounting for the other 1%!)[/QUOTE]

A good point. Which is why I qualified it with "So either a fair assessment of the kid, Chester fans not recognising talent, or sour grapes. Which do you think?"


All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.10:45.

Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12