Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th June 2018, 20.25:49   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Lex Reaction Thread (1-2 win)

3 periods of 30 min is common. In the heat, with plenty of changes, it works well. Never heard of 2x30 min though. Unless it's U12!
The fact we've hardly got any players probably meant it was short.
Old 29th June 2018, 20.26:38   #29-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand - Upper Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes really proud of the fact that he wants to go to every pre season friendly. Were you there ?
No. I am an expat who supports with my cash. No flights at this time of year. I follow all games on radio and this site extensively. I am also a member of the trust and so I believe I am entitled to a say in the goings on at the club, which I will support through thick and thin, as I have done for over 50 years.
Your continual negativity borders on a pathological mania. You show a contempt for the good men and women who do there best on a daily basis to take this club forward and denigrate anything that appears to put the club in its best light.
Please contact your investors and tell them to step forward so the incessant harping about money can finally be put to bed.

I will say no more and not respond further, as it will be pointless. Enjoy your evening.
Old 29th June 2018, 20.27:47   #30-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

just seen the prices. Is that right it was only 5 quid?
Old 29th June 2018, 20.28:49   #31-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

If games had finished after 60 minutes last season we wouldn't have been conceding those late goals against ten man teams that saw us miss the playoffs. The club's at the cutting edge at last.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 29th June 2018, 20.30:08   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mainly go to away games

I wasn’t there so can’t pass comment on the quality of football. I also accept that everyone has a right to an opinion which makes football such an interesting game and enables people to communicate / share a drink with strangers who share a love of the beautiful game .
On occasions negativity can get out of hand and have a detrimental impact on achieving a common goal. We have a new manager who is full of enthusiasm and by all accounts an intelligent and decent bloke .
Let’s try to give him a chance and reserve judgement until after 10-15 games . I suspect most young footballers will look at a clubs fan website before joining a club and there is a potential danger of them thinking we could be an overly critical bunch and turning down a move !
Old 29th June 2018, 20.31:44   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinton fox View Post
I wasn’t there so can’t pass comment on the quality of football. I also accept that everyone has a right to an opinion which makes football such an interesting game and enables people to communicate / share a drink with strangers who share a love of the beautiful game .
On occasions negativity can get out of hand and have a detrimental impact on achieving a common goal. We have a new manager who is full of enthusiasm and by all accounts an intelligent and decent bloke .
Let’s try to give him a chance and reserve judgement until after 10-15 games . I suspect most young footballers will look at a clubs fan website before joining a club and there is a potential danger of them thinking we could be an overly critical bunch and turning down a move !
Really? I suspect most young footballer look to see who’s paying them most money.
Old 29th June 2018, 20.32:22   #34-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
I
On a More serious note I cant remember a close season where 90% of our fans have been so disillusioned and negative. I hope to God that we hit the ground running or there might be an awful backlash on the Trust Board.
there are a small percentage of negative posters on here, hardly 90% of the fan base, that small percentage do post 90% of the continual negative drivel on here though .... a shame really, any positive posters have been driven away and when some one breaks ranks and posts some positivity they are heckled by the? you guessed it... the few.....
Old 29th June 2018, 20.33:38   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Ricketts said that it was more a meet the fans event and Lex advert sounded lkke a carnival . I didnt go as i am not paying good money to watch a low key training event against a team i watched last season drawing game after game.
Who was suppose to meet the fans then, the new signings that did not materialise I wonder?
Old 29th June 2018, 20.37:21   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
My son went tonight. Apparently the only 11 players we have played the first half and managed a 1-1 draw against the mighty Lex . Brilliant.

The game lasted just 60 minutes , unbeknown to him, so naturally he was a bit miffed at paying the entry free, especially as in his words the 60 minutes was “absolute dross “ .

This is how far we have travelled after years of ownership by the clique - charging loyal fans to watch 60 minutes of desperate football against a local amateur club who themselves saw better days many years ago.

God bless you Foxy I always like to read your post's because you don't hold back and speak your mind, sometimes I agree with your post's other times I don't & I have to be honest I can't agree with this one ( I suggest getting in the air raid shelter) why I can't agree is simple really the team that we just about have only started back in training on Monday that's barely 5 days, tonight's match if you can call it that was a practice fitness match for both sides I should imagine, 30 minutes in this Heat on what was probably a rockhard pitch is more than enough... What I do agree with you on was how the hell could they charge for a park kickabout.

But you can't judge the coming season on friendlies they are just about fitness and getting used to the style the manager wants to play... Your son is peed off how old is he if that's not to personal? Because I imagine you're old enough to explain this that pre-season friendlies are nothing more than I said above.

Keep them coming though I love a bit of rebellion if warranted of course.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.31:11.