Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd July 2018, 18.48:21   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Case for SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
The appointment of Graham Barrow merits a pass !
Pleased an experienced assistant has been brought in
Old 3rd July 2018, 21.12:34   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu D View Post
Unfortunately with how last season ended we need to start the season well to keep the gates especially as we have lost the derby bumper crowds against tranmere and Chester. My worry is that ricketts lack of experience like morrell’s a few seasons ago is showing and that he is waiting too long for players to decide and we will end up signing rubbish in a panic
Problem we have is that we will need to hit the ground running this season. IMHO the league will be a lot tougher this season than last. People are saying SR needs 10+ games to bed the squad in. Well unfortunately by that time the pack will be well ahead of us if it doesn't go to plan. The pressure is going to be well on him. The appointment of GB helps with an experienced head to help but so far the signings have been anything but quality and i still can't believe we are going into the new season with Fondop-Talom as potentially our main striker.

End of last season was a complete blow out and yes we are going to need good football to get the crowds in. Pressure is well on.
Old 3rd July 2018, 21.42:32   #21-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Problem we have is that we will need to hit the ground running this season. IMHO the league will be a lot tougher this season than last. People are saying SR needs 10+ games to bed the squad in. Well unfortunately by that time the pack will be well ahead of us if it doesn't go to plan. The pressure is going to be well on him. The appointment of GB helps with an experienced head to help but so far the signings have been anything but quality and i still can't believe we are going into the new season with Fondop-Talom as potentially our main striker.

End of last season was a complete blow out and yes we are going to need good football to get the crowds in. Pressure is well on.
Luke Young is quality.

Where are you getting the idea that MFT is our main striker?
Old 3rd July 2018, 22.01:05   #22-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:

Good post.

Pre-season is for bedding in!!! Teams don’t turn up at the World Cup and use the group stage to bed in. They turn up ready to smash the opposition. The 30 points available in the first ten games count the same as they do in the last ten.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22.09:00   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I do feel that our latest appointment has instilled a bit more confidence in SR for me. I am hoping it's a good sign for the sort of players we are about to sign, as I have been a bit concerned about the lack of activity. I don't think MFT is a great signing, it's a risky one that could go either way. But recruiting Barrow has definitely made me feel a bit more optimistic. Just hoping the players we sign are of proven quality now.
Old 4th July 2018, 07.36:16   #24-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Luke Young is quality.

Where are you getting the idea that MFT is our main striker?
I did say potentially our main striker as the rumours are that the other striker will be a on young loan signing. I would like to see Quigley or someone of that ilk come into the squad but im not hopeful.
Old 5th July 2018, 16.13:01   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I did say potentially our main striker as the rumours are that the other striker will be a on young loan signing. I would like to see Quigley or someone of that ilk come into the squad but im not hopeful.
I really hope not. Surely not? He looks exactly the type we need as a fourth striker. So with Holroyd already here another two to sign.

Or maybe I'm expecting too much...
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.48:23.