Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th July 2018, 18.52:36   #55-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @??????

Default Re: Bangor friendly - Director response to questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
The director has asked me to point out that the Vaughan’s are not actually owners of Bangor, and those stating such are in fact accusing them of ‘shadow’ directorship, which could open this forum up to legal action.

As not offending the Vaughan family is clearly highly important, I am happy to make that clear.
Posted via mobile theme
All posters should take a deep breath and remember when RP was almost shut down because of some posts which were alleged to be libelous by a 3rd party. RP was only able to operate in 'lite mode' for quite some considerable time whilst the sh!t was cleared up. I personally got a Red Card for making a joke about 'negatives'(photographic negatives) which was construed to be about bribery such was the paranoia at the time. So be careful what you post, someone is watching.
Old 4th July 2018, 18.56:27   #56-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
Great minds think alike... and we seem to agree too!
Posted via mobile theme
They do, and we do! When I first read about it, it seemed ridiculous but I didn't even think about how others may have felt about us back then. It must be a valid point as nobody has tried to counter the point yet. I recall minorities of fans back in the day saying we've overspent, can rot etc without knowing the real struggle. As ever, it's never simple or clear. If everybody back then at other clubs had the same approach to how it feels on here, I suspect we'd have been worse off.

Maybe we don't have to get involved or could have avoided this altogether and played another team, but back in the day, others could have easily have done that to ease. The Vaughan factor does make it feel worse, I'll say that but there are Bangor fans who will be grateful for this, not just Craig Harrison noshing off Craig Darlington in some bromance thing. I just hope that what is raised goes to the right places and people.
Old 4th July 2018, 19.06:28   #57-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
They do, and we do! When I first read about it, it seemed ridiculous but I didn't even think about how others may have felt about us back then. It must be a valid point as nobody has tried to counter the point yet. I recall minorities of fans back in the day saying we've overspent, can rot etc without knowing the real struggle. As ever, it's never simple or clear. If everybody back then at other clubs had the same approach to how it feels on here, I suspect we'd have been worse off.

Maybe we don't have to get involved or could have avoided this altogether and played another team, but back in the day, others could have easily have done that to ease. The Vaughan factor does make it feel worse, I'll say that but there are Bangor fans who will be grateful for this, not just Craig Harrison noshing off Craig Darlington in some bromance thing. I just hope that what is raised goes to the right places and people.
Money going to the right places? Hmm...
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th July 2018, 19.41:39   #58-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
All posters should take a deep breath and remember when RP was almost shut down because of some posts which were alleged to be libelous by a 3rd party. RP was only able to operate in 'lite mode' for quite some considerable time whilst the sh!t was cleared up. I personally got a Red Card for making a joke about 'negatives'(photographic negatives) which was construed to be about bribery such was the paranoia at the time. So be careful what you post, someone is watching.
The red card was late 2013 so trust ownership - a club director got in touch noting post along those lines (suggesting players were so rubbish they must be fixing and a range of stuff that could be seen as related) was 'slanderous to both player and club' and thus stuff was binned and warnings/cards issued.

The other stuff is right, my personal fave was legal arguments on if an offtopic thread about Mossad was infact anything to do with our former travel agent custodian

To bring it back on topic, if anyone is on Facebook can they ask the Bangor Supporters group what they think, as they might not be bothered https://www.facebook.com/groups/7564505903/
Old 4th July 2018, 19.57:36   #59-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The red card was late 2013 so trust ownership - a club director got in touch noting post along those lines (suggesting players were so rubbish they must be fixing and a range of stuff that could be seen as related) was 'slanderous to both player and club' and thus stuff was binned and warnings/cards issued.

The other stuff is right, my personal fave was legal arguments on if an offtopic thread about Mossad was infact anything to do with our former travel agent custodian

To bring it back on topic, if anyone is on Facebook can they ask the Bangor Supporters group what they think, as they might not be bothered https://www.facebook.com/groups/7564505903/
Seems to be about 2 active fans on that page... Plus a polish hip hopper spamming his terrible album
Old 4th July 2018, 20.16:23   #60-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

Credit to the Director for airing their view. It would probably be a story of minor National interest if the Club was seen to act against the alleged shadow owners of Bangor City. I agree with the Directors that this is not a stand worth making with the Club's name on it. It's a good stand for individual fans to make.

I'm willing to believe this was a gaff at the footballing level, and one that isn't likely again. I'm not going.
Old 4th July 2018, 21.17:59   #61-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Don't attend and make a donation to their supporters Trust if they have one or supporters club.
Old 4th July 2018, 22.54:20   #62-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Money going to the right places? Hmm...
Posted via mobile theme
Money will be going to the owners not Supporters Association. The SA are still awaiting a copy of the annual accounts and reason for failing licence, despite being shareholders in club. Have choice of legal action or waiting and have suspended all sale of club merchandise in view of this.
Will not criticise fans for going as intend to go myself living only 5 minutes away, with away games normally not at all practical. What Bangor fans would appreciate is support for their situation and awareness of the situation. Cannot see a quick solution with alleged over 250k investment by VSM but cannot see a Welsh Premier licence either with current scenario.
Old 5th July 2018, 09.28:15   #63-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Interesting that the WST board raised concerns about this game at their meeting on May 31st. Seems their views were ignored.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.08:56.