Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th July 2018, 09.29:49   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Bangor friendly - Director response to questions

Had a full response now, brief summary as follows. I won't identify the director in question as it appears he is one of several who has come under attack on social media.

The arrangements to play Bangor City in a friendly were made by the football staff on both sides. Although the WST board made the manager aware of the background as soon as the fixture was announced, they do not directly interfere with football matters except in exceptional circumstances.

They said if they refused to play Bangor they'd have to apply the same moral standards in all areas, which would be difficult.

Less than ideal fixture on a moral level, but management have deemed them ideal on a footballing level.

Wrexham fans have their own choice to make in terms of boycotting the match.

Club has a duty to fans in Bangor and the surrounding area, who are very loyal and travel to the Racecourse and beyond on regular basis.

The board are not supporting their regime, they are showing 'solidarity' with Bangor's fan base.

I would vastly disagree on most of these points tbh, but am grateful for the response.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by fezbob; 4th July 2018 at 09.30:54..
Old 4th July 2018, 09.45:08   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Bangor friendly - Director response to questions

A reasonable response I think, and a lot of credit to the director for responding.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th July 2018, 10.05:34   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

I'll be going. It's not Bangor FC that's the problem, it's the Vaughens that's the issue. The fans are not at fault. Wrexham playing games this was is a must, because there are so many potential supporters this way. I'd have much rathered us play Caernarfon, as I think that would bring a lot more interest, especially now they are a league club. Much rather the cofie's than the Bangor eye's!
Old 4th July 2018, 10.06:18   #4-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

I vastly disagree with most of the points too but if the club is going to battle with the management team it's probably not worth being over this.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th July 2018, 10.18:10   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Not 100% in agreement with the response but do appreciate the director getting back to you. When the fixture was made they had to have known that people would have concerns so I'm glad they chose not to just ignore it.

I'm working until 6pm on that day so it'd be a bit of a struggle to get there after getting home, fed and showered but I might consider going.
Old 4th July 2018, 10.26:36   #6-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

It's quite simple, just don't go and hand over your money to them. They have a decent side to challenge us in a pre season friendly so playing them isn't an issue, Vaughan's won't benefit from the friendly if none of us go.
Old 4th July 2018, 10.38:51   #7-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Carl Darlington to blame for this one then.....
Old 4th July 2018, 10.38:59   #8-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

This was my response to one of the e-mails.

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me and I respect the fact that you're always willing to engage with other fans.

I thought it might be the case that the board keeps an arm's length on these decisions and for 99.9% of the time I think that's a perfectly sensible approach.

With regards to Bangor City and the Vaughans though, I'd respectfully suggest this is a unique situation where the board ought to intervene.

I appreciate that we have an obligation to fans in other parts of North Wales, but there are plenty of other clubs which don't have owners as morally repugnant as the Vaughan family. They've killed three clubs now and but for the grace of god and resilience of our fans, they could've done the same to us.

There's also the small matter of their current director of football, Stephen Vaughan Jr, having a conviction for helping a man who killed a police officer to skip the country.

If we really want to show solidarity with Bangor fans, we shouldn't wait for them to go pop before offering support. It should be done now, as so many other clubs and supporters did for us in the past.

The only people we're helping by going through with this friendly are the Vaughans and their cronies. I've been approached by countless Wrexham fans today who say they won't pay money to Bangor in good conscience and I believe the club's current position is untenable.

Are we a community club which wants to support others or one which stands by and watches as others fall?

I am happy to keep these e-mails private, but once more information is provided I'd like to share a brief summary of the club's stance in a way which doesn't compromise you or others.

I feel very strongly about this matter, probably more strongly than I have on anything for a while. However, I'm also grateful for the work which you as board members put in, and am sorry to hear about the distress some of our less understanding supporters are causing.

I know it's a bit late in the day re: the Bangor fixture, but I do hope that the board can understand the strength of thought on this issue.
Old 4th July 2018, 10.44:46   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Anywhere I can get a ticket

What where our pre-season friendlies when Gutterman, Hamilton, Moss & Roberts where in charge. Should teams have boycotted us then?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.38:57.