RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bangor friendly - Director response to questions (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112120-bangor-friendly-director-response-questions.html)

fezbob 4th July 2018 09.29:49

Bangor friendly - Director response to questions

Had a full response now, brief summary as follows. I won't identify the director in question as it appears he is one of several who has come under attack on social media.

The arrangements to play Bangor City in a friendly were made by the football staff on both sides. Although the WST board made the manager aware of the background as soon as the fixture was announced, they do not directly interfere with football matters except in exceptional circumstances.

They said if they refused to play Bangor they'd have to apply the same moral standards in all areas, which would be difficult.

Less than ideal fixture on a moral level, but management have deemed them ideal on a footballing level.

Wrexham fans have their own choice to make in terms of boycotting the match.

Club has a duty to fans in Bangor and the surrounding area, who are very loyal and travel to the Racecourse and beyond on regular basis.

The board are not supporting their regime, they are showing 'solidarity' with Bangor's fan base.

I would vastly disagree on most of these points tbh, but am grateful for the response.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 4th July 2018 09.45:08

Re: Bangor friendly - Director response to questions

A reasonable response I think, and a lot of credit to the director for responding.

harrypothead 4th July 2018 10.05:34

I'll be going. It's not Bangor FC that's the problem, it's the Vaughens that's the issue. The fans are not at fault. Wrexham playing games this was is a must, because there are so many potential supporters this way. I'd have much rathered us play Caernarfon, as I think that would bring a lot more interest, especially now they are a league club. Much rather the cofie's than the Bangor eye's!

Junior Shabadoo 4th July 2018 10.06:18

I vastly disagree with most of the points too but if the club is going to battle with the management team it's probably not worth being over this.

Lods 4th July 2018 10.18:10

Not 100% in agreement with the response but do appreciate the director getting back to you. When the fixture was made they had to have known that people would have concerns so I'm glad they chose not to just ignore it.

I'm working until 6pm on that day so it'd be a bit of a struggle to get there after getting home, fed and showered but I might consider going.

Hawarden Red10 4th July 2018 10.26:36

It's quite simple, just don't go and hand over your money to them. They have a decent side to challenge us in a pre season friendly so playing them isn't an issue, Vaughan's won't benefit from the friendly if none of us go.

Answer Release 4th July 2018 10.38:51

Carl Darlington to blame for this one then.....

fezbob 4th July 2018 10.38:59

This was my response to one of the e-mails.

[QUOTE]Thanks for getting back to me and I respect the fact that you're always willing to engage with other fans.

I thought it might be the case that the board keeps an arm's length on these decisions and for 99.9% of the time I think that's a perfectly sensible approach.

With regards to Bangor City and the Vaughans though, I'd respectfully suggest this is a unique situation where the board ought to intervene.

I appreciate that we have an obligation to fans in other parts of North Wales, but there are plenty of other clubs which don't have owners as morally repugnant as the Vaughan family. They've killed three clubs now and but for the grace of god and resilience of our fans, they could've done the same to us.

There's also the small matter of their current director of football, Stephen Vaughan Jr, having a conviction for helping a man who killed a police officer to skip the country.

If we really want to show solidarity with Bangor fans, we shouldn't wait for them to go pop before offering support. It should be done now, as so many other clubs and supporters did for us in the past.

The only people we're helping by going through with this friendly are the Vaughans and their cronies. I've been approached by countless Wrexham fans today who say they won't pay money to Bangor in good conscience and I believe the club's current position is untenable.

Are we a community club which wants to support others or one which stands by and watches as others fall?

I am happy to keep these e-mails private, but once more information is provided I'd like to share a brief summary of the club's stance in a way which doesn't compromise you or others.

I feel very strongly about this matter, probably more strongly than I have on anything for a while. However, I'm also grateful for the work which you as board members put in, and am sorry to hear about the distress some of our less understanding supporters are causing.

I know it's a bit late in the day re: the Bangor fixture, but I do hope that the board can understand the strength of thought on this issue. [/QUOTE]

podders 4th July 2018 10.44:46

What where our pre-season friendlies when Gutterman, Hamilton, Moss & Roberts where in charge. Should teams have boycotted us then?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.19:43.