Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th July 2018, 13.40:45   #1-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Airbus Reaction

Looks like 4231 is the formation. Seemed to have a logic about it in this game , and suited Deverdics and Leo Smith in particular. Most impressed with Young - busy, always wanting the ball, never gave it away.

Worrying though is that despite the odd moment from Fondop , we seem short in terms of genuine quality up front.
Old 7th July 2018, 13.42:56   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @spuderz92

Default Re: Airbus Reaction

If Big Mike doesn't score at least 34 this season I'll be amazed
Old 7th July 2018, 13.46:27   #3-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Looks like 4231 is the formation. Seemed to have a logic about it in this game , and suited Deverdics and Leo Smith in particular. Most impressed with Young - busy, always wanting the ball, never gave it away.

Worrying though is that despite the odd moment from Fondop , we seem short in terms of genuine quality up front.
Only worth worrying if we don't sign any more strikers and that's not going to happen.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th July 2018, 13.54:06   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

Must bear in mind that ruthin town are on a par with airbus

That said - deverdics/ smith/ luke young all impressed

First half midfield pressed well and a well taken goal by fondop

Spotted jaskelinen but no graham barrow?
Old 7th July 2018, 13.58:39   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
Must bear in mind that ruthin town are on a par with airbus

That said - deverdics/ smith/ luke young all impressed

First half midfield pressed well and a well taken goal by fondop

Spotted jaskelinen but no graham barrow?
He was in that high up little cabin thing about about 20m down from the dugouts taking it all in like Flynn.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 7th July 2018, 14.07:54   #6-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Very impressed with the first half. The 4-3-2-1 Christmas Tree formation seemed to get the best out of everyone playing. Leo Smith looked good in that half and the midfield trio were solid - with Summerfield yet to come in. Deverdics and Young in particular, Deverdics' assist to Fondop-Talom was inch-perfect.

Fondop-Talom looked a handful, but not fully fit as of yet. Got himself a goal (2 if you were listening to the announcer who credited him with Pearson's goal) which is all you could ask for. Will likely be a nuisance but whether he'll be an effective nuisance is up in the air.

Defence was solid as we're used to.

2nd half was uninspiring for the most part. Wright was solid, Rutherford was good. Big fan of Ryan Williams at the back, good beyond his years. Same with that Allshorn - we've got something with him.

The only concern was the right-back we were playing. The Airbus number 3 was an experienced head who was taking advantage of our right-back's inexperience, and that plus a fully sloppy moments didn't impress me.

All in all, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Squad needs fine-tuning and should get that before the start of the season. I feel a lot better about the future than I did 24 hours ago, so a good day out for The Reds.
Old 7th July 2018, 14.09:15   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

For those that didn't go, a game of two halves.

First half we started pretty much full strength - after a few minutes the game settled down and it was almost a training exercise.

Good showings - Leo Smith on the right flank, Deverdics centre midfield pushed up and Luke Young was very industrious and caught the eye with his work rate and willingness to control the ball and spray passes.

Big Mike up front took the first goal and really created the second with a fair but strong challenge on their keeper - he looked very strong and is the first time in a while a striker was challenging in the air - looked decent but was withdrawn before half time.

Second half was basically the youth team with Dibble in goal for the full 90 minutes - no sign of the new keeper plus Wright and Rutherford played the second half.

We should have scored more with some woeful finishing - Rutherford did all the hard work and finished with a poor shot when it looked easier to score - similarly a youth player was through with a clear chance but put it the wrong side of the post.

Number 6 in central left defence caught the eye with some good chances.

Refreshment kiosk could have been vastly improved and Airbus missed out on the big money - one van with one woman serving the whole ground and one man cooking - someone separately selling 'just drinks' would have made a killing and reduced the food que which for the first half and the early part of the second seemed to stretch back to Hawarden.

An interesting setting with Beluga's taking off behind the goalmouth stand with the game in full flow.

We played far better first half than last week - looked well drilled.
Old 7th July 2018, 14.11:56   #8-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
Very impressed with the first half. The 4-3-2-1 Christmas Tree formation seemed to get the best out of everyone playing. Leo Smith looked good in that half and the midfield trio were solid - with Summerfield yet to come in. Deverdics and Young in particular, Deverdics' assist to Fondop-Talom was inch-perfect.

Fondop-Talom looked a handful, but not fully fit as of yet. Got himself a goal (2 if you were listening to the announcer who credited him with Pearson's goal) which is all you could ask for. Will likely be a nuisance but whether he'll be an effective nuisance is up in the air.

Defence was solid as we're used to.

2nd half was uninspiring for the most part. Wright was solid, Rutherford was good. Big fan of Ryan Williams at the back, good beyond his years. Same with that Allshorn - we've got something with him.

The only concern was the right-back we were playing. The Airbus number 3 was an experienced head who was taking advantage of our right-back's inexperience, and that plus a fully sloppy moments didn't impress me.

All in all, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Squad needs fine-tuning and should get that before the start of the season. I feel a lot better about the future than I did 24 hours ago, so a good day out for The Reds.
It was definitely 4231 and not a Xmas tree 4321
Old 7th July 2018, 14.12:48   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

More game time in the legs, i fully expect the intensity levels to pick up away in portugal and i feel we will know were we are come macc and forest green games
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.43:29.