RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Airbus Reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112140-airbus-reaction.html)

Foxy 7th July 2018 13.40:45

Airbus Reaction

Looks like 4231 is the formation. Seemed to have a logic about it in this game , and suited Deverdics and Leo Smith in particular. Most impressed with Young - busy, always wanting the ball, never gave it away.

Worrying though is that despite the odd moment from Fondop , we seem short in terms of genuine quality up front.

spuderz123 7th July 2018 13.42:56

Re: Airbus Reaction

If Big Mike doesn't score at least 34 this season I'll be amazed

fezbob 7th July 2018 13.46:27

[QUOTE=Foxy;2160655]Looks like 4231 is the formation. Seemed to have a logic about it in this game , and suited Deverdics and Leo Smith in particular. Most impressed with Young - busy, always wanting the ball, never gave it away.

Worrying though is that despite the odd moment from Fondop , we seem short in terms of genuine quality up front.[/QUOTE]

Only worth worrying if we don't sign any more strikers and that's not going to happen.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ruthinred 7th July 2018 13.54:06

Must bear in mind that ruthin town are on a par with airbus

That said - deverdics/ smith/ luke young all impressed

First half midfield pressed well and a well taken goal by fondop

Spotted jaskelinen but no graham barrow?

fezbob 7th July 2018 13.58:39

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2160661]Must bear in mind that ruthin town are on a par with airbus

That said - deverdics/ smith/ luke young all impressed

First half midfield pressed well and a well taken goal by fondop

Spotted jaskelinen but no graham barrow?[/QUOTE]

He was in that high up little cabin thing about about 20m down from the dugouts taking it all in like Flynn.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Lods 7th July 2018 14.07:54

Very impressed with the first half. The 4-3-2-1 Christmas Tree formation seemed to get the best out of everyone playing. Leo Smith looked good in that half and the midfield trio were solid - with Summerfield yet to come in. Deverdics and Young in particular, Deverdics' assist to Fondop-Talom was inch-perfect.

Fondop-Talom looked a handful, but not fully fit as of yet. Got himself a goal (2 if you were listening to the announcer who credited him with Pearson's goal) which is all you could ask for. Will likely be a nuisance but whether he'll be an effective nuisance is up in the air.

Defence was solid as we're used to.

2nd half was uninspiring for the most part. Wright was solid, Rutherford was good. Big fan of Ryan Williams at the back, good beyond his years. Same with that Allshorn - we've got something with him.

The only concern was the right-back we were playing. The Airbus number 3 was an experienced head who was taking advantage of our right-back's inexperience, and that plus a fully sloppy moments didn't impress me.

All in all, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Squad needs fine-tuning and should get that before the start of the season. I feel a lot better about the future than I did 24 hours ago, so a good day out for The Reds.

Red Light 7th July 2018 14.09:15

For those that didn't go, a game of two halves.

First half we started pretty much full strength - after a few minutes the game settled down and it was almost a training exercise.

Good showings - Leo Smith on the right flank, Deverdics centre midfield pushed up and Luke Young was very industrious and caught the eye with his work rate and willingness to control the ball and spray passes.

Big Mike up front took the first goal and really created the second with a fair but strong challenge on their keeper - he looked very strong and is the first time in a while a striker was challenging in the air - looked decent but was withdrawn before half time.

Second half was basically the youth team with Dibble in goal for the full 90 minutes - no sign of the new keeper plus Wright and Rutherford played the second half.

We should have scored more with some woeful finishing - Rutherford did all the hard work and finished with a poor shot when it looked easier to score - similarly a youth player was through with a clear chance but put it the wrong side of the post.

Number 6 in central left defence caught the eye with some good chances.

Refreshment kiosk could have been vastly improved and Airbus missed out on the big money - one van with one woman serving the whole ground and one man cooking - someone separately selling 'just drinks' would have made a killing and reduced the food que which for the first half and the early part of the second seemed to stretch back to Hawarden.

An interesting setting with Beluga's taking off behind the goalmouth stand with the game in full flow.

We played far better first half than last week - looked well drilled.

Foxy 7th July 2018 14.11:56

[QUOTE=Lods;2160666]Very impressed with the first half. The 4-3-2-1 Christmas Tree formation seemed to get the best out of everyone playing. Leo Smith looked good in that half and the midfield trio were solid - with Summerfield yet to come in. Deverdics and Young in particular, Deverdics' assist to Fondop-Talom was inch-perfect.

Fondop-Talom looked a handful, but not fully fit as of yet. Got himself a goal (2 if you were listening to the announcer who credited him with Pearson's goal) which is all you could ask for. Will likely be a nuisance but whether he'll be an effective nuisance is up in the air.

Defence was solid as we're used to.

2nd half was uninspiring for the most part. Wright was solid, Rutherford was good. Big fan of Ryan Williams at the back, good beyond his years. Same with that Allshorn - we've got something with him.

The only concern was the right-back we were playing. The Airbus number 3 was an experienced head who was taking advantage of our right-back's inexperience, and that plus a fully sloppy moments didn't impress me.

All in all, we seem to be heading in the right direction. Squad needs fine-tuning and should get that before the start of the season. I feel a lot better about the future than I did 24 hours ago, so a good day out for The Reds.[/QUOTE]

It was definitely 4231 and not a Xmas tree 4321

thames valley red 7th July 2018 14.12:48

More game time in the legs, i fully expect the intensity levels to pick up away in portugal and i feel we will know were we are come macc and forest green games

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.58:18.