RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New signing - Pyke on loan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112149-new-signing-pyke-loan.html)

jimmy1989 10th July 2018 10.18:26

Re: New signing at 11am - Pyke on loan

The quality of the fourth striker we bring in (hopefully we will see another) will define our season I think. Happy with this signing but pyke and Mike are both young lads, we need experience in the mix too
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Redordead 10th July 2018 10.18:50

Is he going to be any better than Massanka?

RHYLRED 10th July 2018 10.23:26

[QUOTE=Redordead;2161225]Is he going to be any better than Massanka?[/QUOTE]

I'm better and I have no legs, one eye and 53 years old.

subbuteorob 10th July 2018 10.24:16

I personally think that will be it as far as strikers if he is only playing one up front. So hope I'm wrong. Chances of Michael Cheek - zero I would say. All the evidence seems to point to a very low budget. Huddersfield loaned out Pyke to Port Vale last season. They may have reached the conclusion that the level was too high for him at the moment. Let's give him a chance - maybe he will come good and at least if he does we should have him for the season as he is not ours to sell fortunately. So no £30k bid accepted in Jan if we are top of the league.

Ooh aah Paskin 10th July 2018 10.26:01

Welcome back.

I agree with Dixie though, we are going with inexperience it seems up front. It is a huge gamble as yes, it could pay off and they score lots or it backfires and we struggle.

We need a proven frontman (one that has scored goals consistently over the past few seasons) to lead the line IMO.

But, happy to give them all a chance to prove themselves.

redknight 10th July 2018 10.26:32

Was mention of an attitude problem last time round
He said in his interview he is more mature...
This is season long long so stability.. No eyes on where he may be in jan
Also in his last year at Huddersfield so will need to show something to try and earn new deal or at the very least attract attention from a new club

krux 10th July 2018 10.30:28

we have 2 unproven punts up front now. Still waiting for that star striker.

Last week I would have said star striker and star wide man, I'd settle for just that key number 9 now.

Pieman 10th July 2018 10.32:52

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2161222]We better see a proven striker like Cheek come in or it's another nothing season. We just can't afford quality upfront can we? I'm expecting a quality frontman asap.[/QUOTE]

So am i 2000 season tickets sold and the btb and we still cant sign a striker unless its a loanee or a novice for christ sake

dixienormous 10th July 2018 10.33:06

If we don't sign quality up top before the season starts I give up, we're going round in circles here.
We have Holroyd, Fandop and a lad on loan ffs. If there isn't another quality frontman coming in, it's clear we need to sell the club to the right buyer, if we want success on the pitch that is.

Will we ever see a decent striker here?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.39:30.