Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th July 2018, 07.19:33   #172-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Season ticket holder , Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: New signing - Pyke on loan

I stopped reading when I read the word “ impressive “
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th July 2018, 07.24:40   #173-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Seriously do we think that a forward line of Holroyd - MFT- Pyke is anywhere near good enough to challenge for the play offs ? It looks more like a forward line for a team fighting relegation.
Posted via mobile theme
The thing is you don't know that. None of us do. And personally I still expect more forwards to come in.

I don't like using the Macclesfield example but Marsh and Wilson had very uninspiring records before last season. And I remember being unimpressed when Cheltenham brought in Wright (who hadn't done much since leaving us, although I do rate him) and Amari Morgan Smith who has never really done much. It's not just about the forwards it's about the whole team. The biggest problem for us last year was the service to the forwards rather than the players themselves (in my opinion) alrrady I think we look better creatively. But of course time will tell.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th July 2018, 07.31:01   #174-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
The thing is you don't know that. None of us do. And personally I still expect more forwards to come in.

I don't like using the Macclesfield example but Marsh and Wilson had very uninspiring records before last season. And I remember being unimpressed when Cheltenham brought in Wright (who hadn't done much since leaving us, although I do rate him) and Amari Morgan Smith who has never really done much. It's not just about the forwards it's about the whole team. The biggest problem for us last year was the service to the forwards rather than the players themselves (in my opinion) alrrady I think we look better creatively. But of course time will tell.
Posted via mobile theme
Good point, who actually rated Macclesfield's front line this time last year? They had the service and it worked out for them. Not a happy clapper point but until we've watched us play how do we actually know.
Old 11th July 2018, 08.17:20   #175-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
Seriously do we think that a forward line of Holroyd - MFT- Pyke is anywhere near good enough to challenge for the play offs ? It looks more like a forward line for a team fighting relegation.
Posted via mobile theme
How many times have you seen MFT & Pyke play? Just out of curiousity.
Old 11th July 2018, 08.30:03   #176-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Posted via mobile theme
Good point,and one that was made over and over last season. You can't score if you aren't making the chances
Old 11th July 2018, 08.38:32   #177-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
The biggest problem for us last year was the service to the forwards rather than the players themselves (in my opinion) alrrady I think we look better creatively. But of course time will tell.
Posted via mobile theme
Exactly. This was evidenced by the fact that a striker of the quality of Miller didn't score for us yet was able to bang them in 2 leagues above when he went back to Bury.
Old 11th July 2018, 08.48:17   #178-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
What do Huddlefield, Everton, Watford, Ricketts and Burrows know about a good player?
The point is that he hasn't scored a goal in 24 loan appearances and what fans are saying is that its a big risk. He will need physicality at this level or just turn out to be another Massanka.

I assume you are saying that because Burnley are in the Prem and Massanka is on their books that they know more than fans that have watched their team in the NL for over 10 years and do have an idea of what is needed at this level.

Wow. We may not all be qualified coaches with badges but we all know the difference between and Moult and a Massanka.

Sam is also new to this level and could be in for a few surprises and on a hard learning curve. Or maybe all his international caps means that he will spot the ability in players and surprise us.

Its all about opinions.
Old 11th July 2018, 09.33:03   #179-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

The signings up front so far are a big gamble, no doubt.

We will either fail miserably or do brilliantly IMO.

We wanted pace up front. We have it in MFT and Pyke.
We wanted Height up front. We have it in MFT
We wanted proven goalscoring. We don't have it....yet.

But, if those two can hit the ground running, with enough service from midfield, I believe they are capable of scoring goals.

One thing for sure, it will be an interesting season.
Old 11th July 2018, 09.53:36   #180-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

The gambles are beginning to mount up though ! Just as well the defence is tried and tested. Why are we having to gamble ? Points to a lack of funds in my opinion. Very worrying.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.47:57.