Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th July 2018, 07.47:04   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham AFC Open Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
On the face of it I totally agree - we've done it before in midweek where I feel potential visitors will be far more limited by work commitments and travelling - especially those who live some distance from Wrexham.

We really don't seem to push this do we ? on another thread it was mentioned about the club attracting sponsors and more club members - a Sunday morning would probably have been far more productive - always attend these events at the weekend - no chance in midweek - feels like it's being swept under the carpet as an unwelcome nuisance - not even advertised the fact that we're even having one (as far as I can tell).

Is there some specific reason why it's been done on a weekday evening ?
Probably because the team are playing FGR at the 'course on the Saturday and Sunday might be a recovery day.
Makes sense to me.
Old 12th July 2018, 12.41:46   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Probably because the team are playing FGR at the 'course on the Saturday and Sunday might be a recovery day.
Makes sense to me.
I don't get this justifying everything , a monday is a poor shout imo.
Old 12th July 2018, 12.48:59   #13-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Why is it kept a secret? Or poorly advertised? I haven’t seen anything about this anywhere apart from this thread. Holding it on Monday is just plain stupid too, I mean come on who suggested this and then everybody else said yes that’s a good idea. It beggars belief
Old 12th July 2018, 13.01:27   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Never been to one, never will at the rate the club promotes it. It's like they don't want you to attend cos they cba.
Old 12th July 2018, 13.04:52   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Makes sense to me.
Does the lack of any advertisement of it also make sense?
Old 12th July 2018, 17.24:06   #16-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

It's all part of the click that's running the club.
Old 12th July 2018, 17.25:54   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
It's all part of the click that's running the club.
Do you think the lack of advertisement is a good thing, Garry?
Old 12th July 2018, 17.33:50   #18-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Do you think the lack of advertisement is a good thing, Garry?
Nobody reads the leader anymore. Two weeks to go is plenty of time.
Old 12th July 2018, 21.33:44   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
Nobody reads the leader anymore. Two weeks to go is plenty of time.
No it's not.

It smacks of being a shambles if I'm honest - the one day we could really promote our club - a potential chance to draw in new supporters and get them joined up to the WST - an opportunity for sponsorship to be sought, invites to local companies to see what it's all about. And with the widespread media attention on the World Cup this year of all years with high public interest in the national game we should have pushed the boat out in a big way.

Some fans would actually diary this event if it was advertised in advance - and fit other commitments around it but we don't seem to realise this. Our fanbase stretches far and wide - way beyond the general Wrexham area.

Whilst continually fundraising and putting the begging bowl out at every opportunity we just don't help ourselves.

It's one day a year - it needs to be a weekend day and notified to the fanbase properly well in advance - sadly this happens with regular frequency and we are missing out.
Old 13th July 2018, 05.47:51   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
No it's not.

It smacks of being a shambles if I'm honest - the one day we could really promote our club - a potential chance to draw in new supporters and get them joined up to the WST - an opportunity for sponsorship to be sought, invites to local companies to see what it's all about. And with the widespread media attention on the World Cup this year of all years with high public interest in the national game we should have pushed the boat out in a big way.

Some fans would actually diary this event if it was advertised in advance - and fit other commitments around it but we don't seem to realise this. Our fanbase stretches far and wide - way beyond the general Wrexham area.

Whilst continually fundraising and putting the begging bowl out at every opportunity we just don't help ourselves.

It's one day a year - it needs to be a weekend day and notified to the fanbase properly well in advance - sadly this happens with regular frequency and we are missing out.
Great post. This needs to be shown to those on the board responsible for this. I cannot see any justification for the inactive and unproffesional approach shown.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.17:02.