Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th July 2018, 09.30:35   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default #Weareoneteam

I find it really interesting, how we are branding ourselves as a club.

Some football fans don't like to think of their club as a brand and prefer to think of it as a football club.

I can understand both points of view, but think if we do brand our club we should do it to maximise our identity as Wrexham Football Club.

We have a few unique aspects as a British football club.

The Oldest International Football Stadium In The World Still In Use

Our memorable European Adventures and giant killing Cup exploits.

Our tradition to bring the Youth players through like Joey Jones, Mickey Thomas, Brian Hughes, Steve Watkin. We had all our success when we did that. John Neal and Brian Flynn were experts at it.

In recent times we have added:

Community Ownership

Leading the way nationally on Inclusivity and Accessibility through the work of the DSA.

The bit I don't really understand is the hashtag #weareoneteam

While I appreciate the reason is to create togetherness between the players and the fans, it is quite a generic hashtag and there are many clubs and people around the world using it, so we become lost/diluted in that space.

What about #wearewrexham

It's very simple, direct and focused. It's unique to our club and is both our club name and the name of our Town.

It also suggests there is a Wrexham Way of doing things and pushes our club identity forward into the limelight. We will also be more likely to gain territorial control of that hashtag.

Am sure there are also loads of other thoughts amongst the fan base.
Old 17th July 2018, 09.36:52   #2-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: #Weareoneteam

#weareoneteam is true at its most literal, i.e. we have one team in the first team and have dismantled all the other teams that supported it or were an extension of it.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th July 2018, 09.41:31   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
#weareoneteam is true at its most literal, i.e. we have one team in the first team and have dismantled all the other teams that supported it or were an extension of it.
Posted via mobile theme
Add to that the fact that we are one club.. we own the club .. we are the club
Old 17th July 2018, 09.42:31   #4-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

You forgot to mention in our list of achievements that we are currently the longest serving team in the National League's premier division.

Oh wait.... yeah, probably not the best thing to mention!

On a serious note, I think on the whole the club are marketed successfully enough, but there is always room for improvement.

Hashtags annoy me but unfortunately its a fact of modern life.

#notanotherhashtag
Old 17th July 2018, 09.49:59   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

I rarely use my mobile phone, its more of a tracking device for Mrs KD, as a result I dont do twitter but I stumble upon occasional twitter speak that is meaningless to me. What is ICYMI?
Old 17th July 2018, 10.16:46   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I dislike all the hashtags and the branding of the ground as "My Racecourse" which sounds tacky to me, but I suppose the idea was well meaning.

If we were genuinely #wearoneteam we wouldn't be holding an open evening on a Monday night when perhaps some very young supporters and fans wiith work commitments or live further afield will not be able to attend.

Actions speak louder than words.
Old 17th July 2018, 10.43:26   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Posted via mobile theme
A point I made on another platform recently.We ARE on team ,yes ... but just as long as its the first team!.
Old 17th July 2018, 11.28:27   #8-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

This is the most important thing at the club it seems, Twitter hashtags.

Had to laugh seeing the media team with their initials on training tops as though they were players.

Last edited by Funny_Old_Game; 17th July 2018 at 11.29:47..
Old 17th July 2018, 11.32:48   #9-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

What a load of horseshit...cringe to say the least!

Just sort the first team out, that's the only real thing that matters

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.49:10.