Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th July 2018, 14.01:11   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Real Success Story of 2017/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
its a bit shit that we have to be hopeful instead of confident of a good season

sign of the times
Are your posts ever either ?
Old 18th July 2018, 20.11:11   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

In fairness no team in this league is a shoe-in to go up any more. I know Salford are throwing money at it but I don't think they'll walk the league.

Like last year, it'll likely just a case of being in and around the top of the table, and the last quarter can make or break a season like it broke ours.
Old 18th July 2018, 20.35:13   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
Of course we can admire the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool and others but in every way ,both on and off the field, they may as well be in a different universe.

There are many comments on here relating to the amount of available money the likes of Salford City, Chesterfield and some London teams have to recruit players, and we are right to be concerned.

But lets wind back to this time last year - no one in their wildest dreams, surely even the Clubs themselves, would have expected Accrington Stanley and Macclesfield to be champions of their respective leagues.

One of the greatest aspects about football is its unpredictability and last year proved, certainly at the lower levels, that money is not the only factor which leads to success. Like many on here I would like to see a couple of experienced and proven players join our Club but for all anyone knows we may already hold the key that will open the door to promotion.

I hope those who run our Club have studied in real depth what made Accrington and Macclesfield so successful last year. We will never be like Manchester City etc but we can learn from more humble teams nearer to ourselves and try to emulate their achievements. Good luck to them both next season and lets hope we are the next 'surprise package'.
COYR
What was fundimental to Accrington's success was their ability to manage with a relatively small squad with few injuries and suspensions.
Old 18th July 2018, 20.42:19   #13-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Taff View Post
What was fundimental to Accrington's success was their ability to manage with a relatively small squad with few injuries and suspensions.
And a board and supporters who stuck by a manager even after he had left them once before.
Old 19th July 2018, 01.14:16   #14-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
In fairness no team in this league is a shoe-in to go up any more. I know Salford are throwing money at it but I don't think they'll walk the league.

Like last year, it'll likely just a case of being in and around the top of the table, and the last quarter can make or break a season like it broke ours.
Sams plans have to include using the loan window and then making a few ins and outs in January. I am assuming and hoping his relatively small squad is because he has kept money back.

The 2 season long loan players worry me in that Pyke just seems to be a bench filler and Lainton is an injury worry already. Not my idea for the use of loan signings.

Its also a concern that neither Pearson/Manny are on extended contracts yet. As a rookie manager in this league I would want to ensure 2 years of stability with my central defence. Maybe a question for meet the manager at Ijazz.

So basically your right in that we need to be in the challenging play off places and then kick on which unfortunately DK despite having the money to do so failed miserably at this point. He held on waiting for quality when in reality he just needed some slight improvements. He failed to spot these despite some being right under his nose. He also kept faith in Boden when he should have been shipped out on loan to NLN.

Over to you Sam learn these lessons.
Old 19th July 2018, 09.41:32   #15-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Sams plans have to include using the loan window and then making a few ins and outs in January. I am assuming and hoping his relatively small squad is because he has kept money back.

The 2 season long loan players worry me in that Pyke just seems to be a bench filler and Lainton is an injury worry already. Not my idea for the use of loan signings.

Its also a concern that neither Pearson/Manny are on extended contracts yet. As a rookie manager in this league I would want to ensure 2 years of stability with my central defence. Maybe a question for meet the manager at Ijazz.

So basically your right in that we need to be in the challenging play off places and then kick on which unfortunately DK despite having the money to do so failed miserably at this point. He held on waiting for quality when in reality he just needed some slight improvements. He failed to spot these despite some being right under his nose. He also kept faith in Boden when he should have been shipped out on loan to NLN.

Over to you Sam learn these lessons.

Personally I think the writing was on the wall for us when Keates signed Simon Ainge a player who couldn't get in a promotion chasing Harrogate team kept out by a player who was a total failure here, a player who wasn't anywhere near fit and the joke of it was came to us to get fit absolutely bizarre.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.21:02.